+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 0006 - Any word on the application result?

ductileGecko

Oct 16, 2020
Hello,
I applied for a visitor entry to visit my girlfriend (Canadian Citizen) on the 8th of October, hours after the first form was released. My planned dates were 23rd October - 15th Nov so I am worried if I will get it on time. Has anyone received the result?

Can you also mention what reason you gave? Mine was: To visit my girlfriend after months of separation

Last edited:

steeplechase

Oct 15, 2020
Hello,
I applied for a visitor entry to visit my girlfriend (Canadian Citizen) on the 8th of October, hours after the first form was released. My planned dates were 23rd October - 15th Nov so I am worried if I will get it on time. Has anyone received the result?

Can you also mention what reason you gave? Mine was: To visit my girlfriend after months of separation
Sent Oct 13th with same reason. No reply yet. Good luck to all of us!

Reactions: lysanora

lysanora

Oct 15, 2020
M
Hello,

same reason: to visit my boyfriend. Applied on the 13th but still no reply.

paul22381

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
Were are all same reason my girlfriend lives in dubai we applied oct 13 and no response yet.. let us know whoever got the result thanksss

ductileGecko

Oct 16, 2020
Hi,

Did everyone get the automated reply upon sending their email?

Something like this:

This inbox is only for those who:

1. Need to request a written authorization from the Government of Canada to reunite with an immediate family member (who is residing in Canada and who is NOT a Canadian Citizen/Permanent Resident) for an essential (non-discretionary) purpose; or
  2. Want to tell us they are exempt from the travel restrictions AND their TRV (visitor visa) application received before April 9 is still in progress AND they are travelling to Canada for an essential (non-discretionary) purpose.

lysanora

Oct 15, 2020
Hi,

Did everyone get the automated reply upon sending their email?

Something like this:

This inbox is only for those who:

1. Need to request a written authorization from the Government of Canada to reunite with an immediate family member (who is residing in Canada and who is NOT a Canadian Citizen/Permanent Resident) for an essential (non-discretionary) purpose; or
  2. Want to tell us they are exempt from the travel restrictions AND their TRV (visitor visa) application received before April 9 is still in progress AND they are travelling to Canada for an essential (non-discretionary) purpose.
yes got the same thing, I wish there was a way to be able to see a confirmation that its well received and under inspection.

Reactions: anitatibbe86

ductileGecko

Oct 16, 2020
Hello,
I got my authorization today. It says I can travel if I have all the other documents required like visa/quarantine plan etc and need to show the email to the border control.
Submitted on 8th, got it today, around 7-8 business days.
Let me know if I can answer any questions.

fishy0927

Oct 14, 2020
Hello,
I got my authorization today. It says I can travel if I have all the other documents required like visa/quarantine plan etc and need to show the email to the border control.
Submitted on 8th, got it today, around 7-8 business days.
Let me know if I can answer any questions.
Congrats!! I want to ask a few questions:
1) Did you fill out the webform online or send emails to IRCC or both to get the authorization?
2) Other than the filled notarized form and provided a simple direct reason to reunite with girl friend, did you submit additional documents or support to proof you two’s relationship?
3) Did they say you will require the actual copy of the filled notarized form for travelling or the scanned version is fine?
4) The IRCC authorization approval is just an email or they gave you some sort of doc to carry with you when you travel?

Thanks!!

Reactions: gentlesoul78

ductileGecko

Oct 16, 2020
Congrats!! I want to ask a few questions:
1) Did you fill out the webform online or send emails to IRCC or both to get the authorization?
2) Other than the filled notarized form and provided a simple direct reason to reunite with girl friend, did you submit additional documents or support to proof you two’s relationship?
3) Did they say you will require the actual copy of the filled notarized form for travelling or the scanned version is fine?
4) The IRCC authorization approval is just an email or they gave you some sort of doc to carry with you when you travel?

Thanks!!
1. Did the email to IRCC after filling the form and scanning it
2. Nothing else
3. Scanned version is fine
4. Just an email which you need to show