+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMIGRATION X STUDY VISA

rochafilho

Jan 23, 2006
IS THERE A WAY TO ASK FOR A IMMIGRATION VISA AFTER RECEVEING A STUDY VISA. I MEAN, BEFORE THE THREE YEARS. COULD I ENTER WITH THE APLICATION JUST BEFORE TRAVELLING WITH THE STUDY VISA? PLEASE HELP...

rochafilho

Jan 23, 2006
I will ask for the visa in Brazilian's Canadian Consulate. My intention was to ask for a student's visa since I already have a accepetance letter from a Canada's school and enter with an imigration request after. So I could be already in Canada while they process my application.

Andrei

Star Member
Jun 27, 2005
Omaha, Nebraska
Many intertantional students in Canada are doing that. Just make sure you wait at least half a year before applying for permanent residence.

Also remember, that a purpose of a student visa is to study. If you say in the consulate that you are planning to apply for permanent residence, you will likely be refused the student visa.

Andrei

rochafilho

Jan 23, 2006
Thanks a lot. Really apreciate!! So, you sugest that I ask for the study permit, go to Canada and later ask for permanent visa from there or before leaving Brazil? I am planning to start the studies at September this year.

Andrei

Star Member
Jun 27, 2005
Omaha, Nebraska
Brazil office will process your appliation for permanent residency in less than 1 year. if you qualify for PR, why not just apply for it now? You can be in Canada as a permanent resident in just 1 year.

DancingFeather

Star Member
Jan 31, 2006
:) He is absolutely right. See if you qualify as a permanent resident and once accepted you can study once you arrive and benefit what we benefit.

Never say as he said that you plan to apply for permanent residency, you would be cancelled for sure.

If you don't qualify for PR but for student visa and come to canada. Before apply for PR..you have to have your term finished and wise to have a job offer. If you do, you will have the opportunity to remain if they accept.

Also now you can apply for a student to work off campus, so if you do get a permanent job, you can therefore once you are finishing your term, apply for PR mentioning that you do have a permanent job, and a letter from your employer that he wishes that you remain in his employement.
I did just that for a friend and gave the date that his schooling was finishing and accompanied with a job letter and he was accepted.