+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Imigration to Quebec (URGENT, Please answer)

ali_12345

Mar 25, 2010
All,
I am planning to apply for quebec immigration, I am seeking some advice and answers to a few questions from anyone who know the procedure

A. One of the requirements, is to acquire permit of practicing the profession, (I am a computer scientist which is governed by profession order). How do I get this permit, do I have to obtain this permit before I send the application for immigration. The few requirements for this permits as listed in the provided documents are
1:have acquired the necessary engineering
experience;
2 pass the professional examination;
3 have appropriate knowledge of the French
language to practise the profession.
I wonder, if I need to pass the french language exams as pre requisite to immigration application. I am eligible for immigration as per their assessment though.

B. For passing the profession examination, one has to take about 5 tests, I guess. Can this be done after one is successfully immigrated?

Please answer

angeleye

Nov 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2010
Nomination.....
CSQ Received: 19-09-2011
LANDED..........
23-05-2012
Ali

im also planning to apply for Quebec, and I'm a masters in chemistry. my profession also comes under professional trade but i haven't practiced it in the last five years.

so from whatever survey i did, it seems that it is not mandatory to get the permit from professional body before immigrating. like in my case, i have no intentions to pursue the chemist profession, therefore im not going for it. however, if any time in life i have to start that profession, i will have to take the permit.

secondly without french you get cleared with immigration, but its better to learn it. i don't know even a single word of french, even then i cleared the online assessment. but i have decided to learn little french after applying, which will convince them that im interested to reside in Quebec.

hope it answers.

ali_12345

Mar 25, 2010
Many thanks for your reply, it certainly helped. I plan to enroll in french language too in the near future.
If you dont mind, can you provide me the list of documents which you send for the immigration along with the application. It will be really nice and helpful.

A

bobine

May 5, 2008
hi ali,

angeleye is totally right about the professional body permit.
you don't need to have it before applying. they put it there to
remind you that it's not because you are physician in india or france or.... that automaticaly
you'll exercise that profession once in quebec!

this said, you can go ahead and send your application but remember that if you are called for
interview, the immigration officer will test your hability in french.

thanks and good luck

angeleye

Nov 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2010
Nomination.....
CSQ Received: 19-09-2011
LANDED..........
23-05-2012
Ali

will do it in a day or so.

ali_12345

Mar 25, 2010
I thank you very much.
There is one more thing which is troubling me, and that is how to notorize/certify my degrees/certificates, and work experience letters. I am from Pakistan currently living in USA. Does anyone know how to notorize foreign certifcates/letters within US. I have originals with me. But I dont want to send originals with my application. Two of my previous employers in pakistan cease to exist. Not so sure how I am going to have these certified

bobine

May 5, 2008
ali_12345 said:
I thank you very much.
There is one more thing which is troubling me, and that is how to notorize/certify my degrees/certificates, and work experience letters. I am from Pakistan currently living in USA. Does anyone know how to notorize foreign certifcates/letters within US. I have originals with me. But I dont want to send originals with my application. Two of my previous employers in pakistan cease to exist. Not so sure how I am going to have these certified
i am just going to tell you what i did when it comes to notorize some of my doc.
for my diploma and certification i got from my home country, i did them at the ambassy here in us
for others, it was done at bofa (bank of america) at no cost!
plus there is some independent who can notorize your doc and charge you.one of my friend said that he did
notorize his doc at Fedex.

hope this help!

hicham437

Star Member
Dec 28, 2008
I went through the smae process. Quebec province are (i think)easy going while dealing with your file. they waived my interview and didn't ask me to notarize the documents as i forgot to do so.
thank you and good luck.

bobine

May 5, 2008
hicham437 said:
I went through the smae process. Quebec province are (i think)easy going while dealing with your file. they waived my interview and didn't ask me to notarize the documents as i forgot to do so.
thank you and good luck.
at some point you are right but it's always better to be on the safe side! isn't it?
it won't cost much to do it now to avoid delays than give them the opportunity to
send your package back to you. :'(

ali_12345

Mar 25, 2010
hicham437 ,
Did you provide any evidence that you can speak or understand French? At this point in time, I dont speak French at all.
I can say that I have started to self learn this language or I will be taking classes in Fall (I don't feel well about making these claims though)
bobine , you are correct. I better have these notarized. I went to Bank of America (in fact 2 of these) but they categorically refused to notarized telling me that they are not authorized to do this so.

bobine

May 5, 2008
ali_12345 said:
hicham437 ,
Did you provide any evidence that you can speak or understand French? At this point in time, I dont speak French at all.
I can say that I have started to self learn this language or I will be taking classes in Fall (I don't feel well about making these claims though)
bobine , you are correct. I better have these notarized. I went to Bank of America (in fact 2 of these) but they categorically refused to notarized telling me that they are not authorized to do this so.
sorry to hear that they categorically refused!
did they say that they don't do it anymore or they don't do it??
anyways did you try Fedex?
like i said, a friend on mine just did it a Fedex.

i'll look and see what other options we have out there and let you know.

ali_12345

Mar 25, 2010
I am going to try wells fargo tomorrow. I can also check fedex to see what do they say. I can have it done with the notory services which usually charge around 10$ per document, which for all documents adds up to a significant amount.
just wondering, were you speaking french and provide any proof of your french language skills the time of application. I am going to choose None for french read/speak in the application form and have not taken or registered for any french class yet. Any problem with this.

bobine

May 5, 2008
ali_12345 said:
I am going to try wells fargo tomorrow. I can also check fedex to see what do they say. I can have it done with the notory services which usually charge around 10$ per document, which for all documents adds up to a significant amount.
just wondering, were you speaking french and provide any proof of your french language skills the time of application. I am going to choose None for french read/speak in the application form and have not taken or registered for any french class yet. Any problem with this.
no, my diploma speaks itself about my french language skills! i did my bachelor degree in management in french speaking country so i did not provide any proof and i speak french fluently. I guess by choosing none for french may harm you (that's just my word!).i would advise to put the low level since you are planing to take french class, i'm saying this because eventhough you can survive in quebec without any french word, it will look like you are not interested in their values...( quebec cares too much about french)