+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IME number for getting a medical appointment - WHERE??

Simonp00

Sep 29, 2020
I need help. the doctor said the only way for me to take the medical exam is by giving him an IME number, has anyone received an IME number after AOR for PR?

Dec 13, 2020
Hi I want to know if i am applying for Work permit, IME number is needed?
Please reply, its very urgent. from where i can do the normal TB test in UAE for visa

Peekapoo

Star Member
Dec 10, 2020
Hi guys, need your suggestions, today my husband got email from mp that ircc has not received my remedical results which was sent in may by hospital..but when I confirmed from hospital they said they have sent it in may itself..what cud be the reason

Masa007

Feb 17, 2021
Hi there,

As I went through all the questions regarding medical check without having IME, the critical question is that..
Can we take the upfront medical check without IME in either visitor, worker or students visa applicant category?

The reason I specified these three category is that there are only these 3 options available in panel physicians approved by IRCC to take medical check without IME.

In addition, if the medical check can be submitted through online system, the document will be sent directly from a panel physicians to IRCC, what kind of documents should we upload on our myCIC portal, 'medical check' section?

If any of you could provide the answer for this, it would be a great help for me.

Thank you!

Masahide

mohsin139

Mar 26, 2020
Hi there,

As I went through all the questions regarding medical check without having IME, the critical question is that..
Can we take the upfront medical check without IME in either visitor, worker or students visa applicant category?

The reason I specified these three category is that there are only these 3 options available in panel physicians approved by IRCC to take medical check without IME.

In addition, if the medical check can be submitted through online system, the document will be sent directly from a panel physicians to IRCC, what kind of documents should we upload on our myCIC portal, 'medical check' section?

If any of you could provide the answer for this, it would be a great help for me.

Thank you!

Masahide
Hi Masahide,
Can you please let me know how did you manage it? My panel physicians are asking for the same IME number for PR applicantions.

Masa007

Feb 17, 2021
Hi Masahide,
Can you please let me know how did you manage it? My panel physicians are asking for the same IME number for PR applicantions.
Hi there,
First of all, what I can tell is based on my circumstances and everybody may have different conditions, so please keep it in mind.

1-I am applying under CEC.
2-I was asked to take upfront medical exam(UME) based on my status (CEC, I checked IRCC website by myself)
3-A medical center where I took UME was providing e-medical, and no physical documents required, like IMM 5419E along with the IMM 1017E.
4-For those who are applying for CEC, we should take UME as 'worker' category, and it was my first application for CEC so I didn't have my IME, and no need to prepare for it by my self. The clinic issued for me after taking UME.
5-I needed to have my passport and cash to pay for UME, and done.
6-The clinic gave me 'Information Sheet' and 'receipt' then I uploaded them, they even asked if I want to have the results later on and I also got them and upload all together.

7-my UME was approved by IRCC and all good so far.

As far as I know, as of May 2021, there was no category for CEC for UME, so we need to choose 'worker.'
This may change in any point in the future, so please see this message as a reference.

Good luck!

natzetgo

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Hi Masahide,
same here pls let me know if you have this answer

Masa007

Feb 17, 2021
same here pls let me know if you have this answer
Hi there,
Without knowing the type of your application and if e-medical is available at your panel physician, it is not possible to answer your question correctly. Please read my post above so you may see the clues. If you are applying under CEC, you should say that you need to take medical exam for """work visa""".

You must read IRCC's web site one hundred times until you understand everything.
If you found something unclear to you, you should come back here and ask question.
I recommend you make a template for your status like:

Application type:
Subject you want to ask:
The point you don't understand:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html#s03

Masa007

Feb 17, 2021
Hi I want to know how do I get IME number for my son's medical for canada visa .Please help .
Hi there,
I think when you need to know about specific topics, you should provide your own status, at least your application type, otherwise, answers you will get may be unreliable.

Jordan55

Dec 9, 2021
Hey guys , I recive my copr without giving my medical , so I have my IME no now , so do i have to give my medical or not ?

Raj.Explore

Nov 16, 2019
Hi guys, need your suggestions, today my husband got email from mp that ircc has not received my remedical results which was sent in may by hospital..but when I confirmed from hospital they said they have sent it in may itself..what cud be the reason
Hi, may I know what happened in your case finally? I have a similar experience now, so just wanted to know.

ajay_panda

Apr 11, 2022
Hi everyone, I'm dealing with a unique situation and not sure if anyone has any guidance. I received a request for a remedical (after the first expired) on April 12 2022 with an IME number. I went on this same day to have my medicals done. Two days later IRCC sent the same request, except this time the IME number was completely different, and this request was sent before the panel physician even submitted the results from the medical exam. IRCC still has action required on the file, even though the panel physician submitted the medical under the first IME number on Monday April 18, 2022. I am scared this will affect my application. I have raised web forms but absolutely no response as yet.