+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IME number for getting a medical appointment - WHERE??

magicdonson

Jan 12, 2017
Hi,

Can anybody help me find this IME (Immigration Medical Exam) or Expedient number that the doctor is asking for?
We have ITA and need to book the medical exams, but they are asking for this IME number, which I cannot find anywhere.
I have checked the email from CIC and this forum, but with no luck.

Can anyone advice please.

Thank you in advance.

Reactions: Suk123

mvd

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
magicdonson said:
Hi,

Can anybody help me find this IME (Immigration Medical Exam) or Expedient number that the doctor is asking for?
We have ITA and need to book the medical exams, but they are asking for this IME number, which I cannot find anywhere.

Thank you in advance.

Tell your doctor that you need to undergo an up front medical examination for CIC - PR application. In this case you won't need any IME number.

Medical examination confirmation
Purpose

To assess the health of the applicant and their family members

Document requirements

The medical examination confirmation is required up front and must be valid at the time of application.
The applicant must include the immigration medical examination (IME) number in their e-APR.
The applicant must provide a copy of either the information printout sheet or the Upfront Medical Report form [IMM 1017B (PDF, 453 KB)] (available internally only), whichever the panel physician provides upon completion of the medical examination.
Exceptions are made only in rare circumstances that are outside of the client’s control (e.g., cancellation of the appointment by the panel physician at the last minute without time to reschedule).
In exceptional circumstances, IRCC may accept

proof that a medical appointment is scheduled; or
a letter of explanation of best efforts.
However, these are not a guarantee of acceptance.

Individuals who must submit this documentation

The principal applicant
Their spouse or common-law partner
Their dependent children, including non-accompanying

magicdonson

Jan 12, 2017
Thank you for your reply.
The secretary at the office just informed me that we need this number (IME) when we are having this exam as a family (2 adults and to kids -2&4)
If it was a single applicant, this would not be needed.
So, I am back to square one.

Anyone have any clue?

mvd

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
magicdonson said:
Thank you for your reply.
The secretary at the office just informed me that we need this number (IME) when we are having this exam as a family (2 adults and to kids -2&4)
If it was a single applicant, this would not be needed.
So, I am back to square one.

Anyone have any clue?
I think you can take opinion from our Expert members - Stanlee or Rajkamalmohan. They would definitely have something to help you.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
magicdonson said:
Hi,

Thank you in advance.
Medical exam for Express Entry applicants has to be an UPFRONT MEDICAL EXAM. You do not need any letter/identifier to undergo this medical test.

Lately, IRCC announced changes to medical exam for SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP applicants saying that they do not require upfront medicals. Many clinics got confused and thought that this policy applies to all streams including Express Entry.

You can explain to your clinic that this change is for the spousal sponsorship program and you are applying for PR under Express Entry that requires an upfront medical exam.

The medical examination confirmation is required up front and must be valid at the time of application.
The applicant must include the immigration medical examination (IME) number in their e-APR.
The applicant must provide a copy of either the information printout sheet or the Upfront Medical Report form [IMM 1017B (PDF, 453 KB)] (available internally only), whichever the panel physician provides upon completion of the medical examination.
Exceptions are made only in rare circumstances that are outside of the client’s control (e.g., cancellation of the appointment by the panel physician at the last minute without time to reschedule).

In exceptional circumstances, IRCC may accept

proof that a medical appointment is scheduled; or
a letter of explanation of best efforts.

However, these are not a guarantee of acceptance.
Individuals who must submit this documentation

The principal applicant
Their spouse or common-law partner
Their dependent children, including non-accompanying
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

Also, check this -->

A new application process for the spousal sponsorship program came into effect on December 15, 2016. Upfront medical exams are no longer needed for spouses, partners or dependent children. To help avoid delays in processing, wait for our instructions before going for your medical exam.

Find more information on what to do for your medical exam.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp

This is to explain to them that the changes were done only for Spousal Sponsorship applicants and NOT for EE applicants. You can print the content from these pages and take it to your clinic and explain this to them politely.

magicdonson

Jan 12, 2017
Thank you so much for this.
I explained this to them and spoke to the medic herself, who then read it on the internet and confirmed.

Very much appreciate your help. :D

Reactions: sonu thind

krunal6689

Star Member
Dec 16, 2017
Medical exam for Express Entry applicants has to be an UPFRONT MEDICAL EXAM. You do not need any letter/identifier to undergo this medical test.

Lately, IRCC announced changes to medical exam for SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP applicants saying that they do not require upfront medicals. Many clinics got confused and thought that this policy applies to all streams including Express Entry.

You can explain to your clinic that this change is for the spousal sponsorship program and you are applying for PR under Express Entry that requires an upfront medical exam.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

Also, check this -->

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp

This is to explain to them that the changes were done only for Spousal Sponsorship applicants and NOT for EE applicants. You can print the content from these pages and take it to your clinic and explain this to them politely.
I am Applying for Medical Examination on 20th of this month. and the clinic ask me about certain documents.

Like Passport, college offer letter and IME.

So My Question is What is IME? and i dont have IME as i am applying for the first time in medical, do i need that for the medical

maitredufoot

Star Member
Apr 27, 2018
UAE
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
20-09-2018
AOR Received.
03-11-2018
Med's Done....
05-12-2018
I am Applying for Medical Examination on 20th of this month. and the clinic ask me about certain documents.

Like Passport, college offer letter and IME.

So My Question is What is IME? and i dont have IME as i am applying for the first time in medical, do i need that for the medical
If you are doing an Upfront medical exam, you don't need IME, as they clincs will create UMI( health identifier) for you. Of course you need you original passport, ID, College offer or ITA letter, and 4 pictures if the clinic is not having eMedical.

Reactions: krunal6689

krunal6689

Star Member
Dec 16, 2017
If you are doing an Upfront medical exam, you don't need IME, as they clincs will create UMI( health identifier) for you. Of course you need you original passport, ID, College offer or ITA letter, and 4 pictures if the clinic is not having eMedical.
Please tell me what is upfront medical exam

Wahib

Oct 25, 2019
Hello:
can anybody tell me what is the meaning of proof of medical appointment as mentioned in my online temporary visa application check list:
"Purpose of Travel - Other

You must submit proof that you are coming to Canada for a temporary visit.

Examples of what you can provide as proof:

A scanned copy of:

• Your flight ticket departing Canada,
  • Your travel itinerary (e.g. places you will visit or stay, such as hotel booking),
  • Proof of a medical appointment " please help me as soon as possible i want to submit online tomorrow. Thanks in advance

KDM13

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
Category........
CEC
Currently they stopped Upfront medical exam. Where can I get IME number?
This has been mentioned a lot in this forum recently, if you see this link they explain that no application will be refused if you do not have a medical done due to COVID-19. Just upload a LoE in that part explaining you were unable to schedule an exam due to the virus. My panel physician told me that Immigration Canada has told them not to do upfront medicals, they will be expecting people to submit their applications without a medical report as long as you explain why.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams.html
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams.html