+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IME for person with severe disability?

wahab.k

Jan 12, 2020
Hi all,

I am sponsoring my mother through the Parents and Grandparents program, her dependant (my little sister) is also included in the application.

It is time for their medical exam and I'm concerned with the urine test for my sister (there is a urine test right?). My sister is in her 20s but mentally she is 2 years old, she can't communicate at all or walk. She pees whenever she wants in diapers, it's impossible to communicate with her when to pee, so it makes collecting urine extremely difficult.

I will be emailing the clinic they will be visiting for more info, but would also like to check with the community here, is there an alternate path here?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi all,

I am sponsoring my mother through the Parents and Grandparents program, her dependant (my little sister) is also included in the application.

It is time for their medical exam and I'm concerned with the urine test for my sister (there is a urine test right?). My sister is in her 20s but mentally she is 2 years old, she can't communicate at all or walk. She pees whenever she wants in diapers, it's impossible to communicate with her when to pee, so it makes collecting urine extremely difficult.

I will be emailing the clinic they will be visiting for more info, but would also like to check with the community here, is there an alternate path here?
There is always ways to collect urine. I would ask the clinic if you could collect the sample at home. You need to get a collection bowl which goes over the toilet to catch everything vs a small sample collection container. I would get your sister to drink a lot of liquids, get a tablet and let her watch whatever she wants and just sit on toilet until something happens. I am sure you likely have already researched but your sister being able to be included on your mother’s PGP due to disability/serious health issues can also be the reason the PGP application is denied. It is a catch 22 situation.