Sep 16, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

My wife, whom i'm sponsoring just received an email from the Canadian Embassy in Vienna, Question 11 on the Schedule 1 form was incomplete in reference to the application for permanent residence.

My question is this: Does she need to write down every job she's ever held since her 18's birthday (that's what they're asking for), all the times she's left the country on vaction or visit family? also how do I or do I need to also state that she was a refuge during a war time period (in Kosovo)? and they've also stated the following: We are missing the following information and/or documentation in your application: *Properly completed question 11 on the Schedule 1* . If documents have been requested, please provide originals or certified true copies. How do I know if I should or need to send documents (documents to support her travels)?

Also since this is the application for permanent residence, which i sent in together with my application for sponsorship, will this delay the time the embassy approves everything and she receives her visa to travel to canada, where she would at a later date receive her permanent status or are they inter joint ?

Thanks in advance!

impatient_queen

Star Member
Mar 21, 2010
Hey Berti,
Unfortunately you DO have to mention everywhere she worked and travelled to/from since the age of 18. I know it sounds tedious, but you MUST do it. For the periods she was not working, you can simply indicate "unemployed from mm-dd-yyyy to mm-dd-yyyy" try to be as accurate as can possibly be. I don't beleive you have to send supporting docs of her travels....only for when she's travelled to see you. But i think credit card statements would be ok.

Hope that helps.

nyssa

May 14, 2009
Midwest, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2010
AOR Received.
22-09-10
Med's Done....
09-01-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
06-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2010
LANDED..........
06-01-2011
Hello! Please keep in mind, the question asks to provide information for every month from age of 18 OR the last 10 years, whichever period is longer.

Out of country vacations, school and employment are basically what they're looking for here. Like impatient_queen said, also include "unemployed" for periods where this occured. Whether or not you need proof on that part I am not certain.

Berti

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies, I've got another question on the same topic: Is it necessary to send paper proof of all the places she's travelled to, since her 18th birthday she's 32 now, that's a long time and a lot of travelling...?

Anybody had to re due this question?

Also this was sent in regards to her PR Application, does that mean that the application for sponsorship is being processed since i applied to sponsor her and for her PR status at the same time, or are they inter joined, so both will be processed together and delayed together?? I need to know how long will this set me back, I've got everything approved last December!!

G Kann

Mar 29, 2010
So if you are say over forty years old, then going all the way back from when you're eighteen will be a long stretch. And I am not sure I can remember the exact dates of each job I had, probably the month and the year.

matthewc

Jan 18, 2010
Grimsby, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland (CPC-Vegreville)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Berti, the sponsorship application is processed first, at CPC-M, before the file is transferred to the overseas visa office. You should have received a letter last december saying the sponsorship was approved. That is the end of the sponsorship portion, and they are now processing the PR portion of the application.

If they have to request additional information, that will mean a delay, but you're lucky that Vienna is a fairly fast office.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/05-fc-spouses.asp#europe

Matthew

ohman4966

Star Member
Nov 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You dont need paper proof they just want a more detailed answer, they asked us the same we gave as detailed as possible of each and every month and two weeks later came the ppr. Hope this helps

Berti

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ohman4966, thanks for your reply.

So basically all you did was send back a more detailed form back to the embassy right? basically just filling all the rows and columns avaliable on the word document they sent, of course we have more dates to add then there is space or s should i even bother with it?

So you didn't send in any supporting documents right with this form?

ohman4966

Star Member
Nov 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We didnt get a document to attach I just expanded the the one they supplied on a seperate sheet covering all the time since 18. Every trip she had taken dates and where and where she stayed if possible. What she was doing school or work was all included as accurate as possible. But we didnt add any extra documentation explaining to support it. I think they must see all your travels and so forth on your backround check so they just want a more precise explaination.

Berti

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ohman4966 thank you for your replies... also did you mail it in or fax it? both options are avaliable just don't know which is more secure afraid that my fax might not be seen on time or discarded, just trying to be as correct about the whole process as possible.

ohman4966

Star Member
Nov 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
we sent it by courier that way we had a signature that it was recieved and we knew for sure it made it there.

Berti

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One more question in this regard because i've taken too long to fill this out ive not had the time due to being really busy and down with a bad fever, on to the question now... she has written down that during this month to this year she was emplyeed but also in between this time period she had travel as well, official work travel and vacation, how do we include that or should i not worry about it just cover the year span they are asking without much detail... also ive noticed the space on the word document are a little too narrow, we've extended them to fit in details we couldn't otherwise have written due to the narrow margin between each row, is that alright or would that cause a problem... ? just trying to be on the safe side, also what would the difference be if i emailed or faxed this in instead of mailing it in ?

ohman4966

Star Member
Nov 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
we just put as in or case my wife was attending some training courses and provided the dates of the course but in between those dates we showed the dates she travelled up until the day we sent off the extra requested docs.

Berti

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry what extra requested docs? did you send in supporting documents with this document as well, i thought that was not necessary?

Berti

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Ohman can you please give me an answer i want to be sure before i hand i fax my travel forms in.