Oct. 2010
Nomination.....
14-03-2012
AOR Received.
Jan. 2011
Interview........
14-03-2012
Hello everyone,

I have been researching moving to Quebec from the US for quite some time. I personally feel that I meet the requirements to receive a CSQ through what I've read. I've also tallied up my points and I get around 53 points, and only 49 required. Here is some info about me:

23 Years old, no dependents, no family accompanying me
Recently graduated from University with a BA in Spanish, minor in French and Business Management
Held a job in an administrative position in financial services for the past 5 years
Scored level 4 on my TEFAQ test
Will have sufficient funds to sustain myself upon arrival
I've been to Montreal, which is where I want to stay, numerous times and have built an decent social network

What I'm worried about is that the MICC might think that I don't have enough skills to enter the workforce. I know that I don't plan on living off of the government, even if it means working at the grocery store until I find a job more related to my experience.

What do you all think? Has anyone been in, or is in, a situation similar to mine?

Thanks!
Mike

:)

canadastan

Star Member
Dec 17, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2008
Doc's Request.
22-12-2008
Med's Done....
04-02-2010
Interview........
=
Passport Req..
April fools day 2010
VISA ISSUED...
6 July REALY HOT CANADIAN DAY
LANDED..........
Happily ever after ............
This is all I can help you with:

This is what they like:
they like people who speak french
they like people who are already in Quebec
they like people willing to live OUTSIDE bog cities
They like people who studied in Quebec
or people who already landed a job, or about to get a job
they like people who in a career they need (check the list, maybe you took a job or got an experience in one of them)

the system doesn't look that solid, I think always better to do the interview in Quebec (while there of course). because if they WANT you they don't mind the points, they will TAKE you.

good luck

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ekim8587 said:
Hello everyone,

I have been researching moving to Quebec from the US for quite some time. I personally feel that I meet the requirements to receive a CSQ through what I've read. I've also tallied up my points and I get around 53 points, and only 49 required. Here is some info about me:

23 Years old, no dependents, no family accompanying me
Recently graduated from University with a BA in Spanish, minor in French and Business Management
Held a job in an administrative position in financial services for the past 5 years
Scored level 4 on my TEFAQ test
Will have sufficient funds to sustain myself upon arrival
I've been to Montreal, which is where I want to stay, numerous times and have built an decent social network

What I'm worried about is that the MICC might think that I don't have enough skills to enter the workforce. I know that I don't plan on living off of the government, even if it means working at the grocery store until I find a job more related to my experience.

What do you all think? Has anyone been in, or is in, a situation similar to mine?

Thanks!
Mike

:)
No worries my friend, just apply.
Cheers,

ekim8587

Aug 13, 2010
Connecticut, USA
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 2010
Nomination.....
14-03-2012
AOR Received.
Jan. 2011
Interview........
14-03-2012
I will apply... I'm just really nervous! I feel like I qualify. I'm young, educated, eager to enter the workforce in Quebec. I've just fallen in love with Montreal and Quebec in general. I'm worried that if I get rejected I will have wasted almost $450 between the application fee and paying for the TEFaQ, as well as having something that I've been wanting for a while be out of my reach.

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ekim8587 said:
I will apply... I'm just really nervous! I feel like I qualify. I'm young, educated, eager to enter the workforce in Quebec. I've just fallen in love with Montreal and Quebec in general. I'm worried that if I get rejected I will have wasted almost $450 between the application fee and paying for the TEFaQ, as well as having something that I've been wanting for a while be out of my reach.
Keep up your spirit and be positive, you will make it my friend.
Cheers,

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ekim8587 said:
You can also join us at: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/you-are-a-quebec-selected-applicant-t42740.180.html

louk

Aug 13, 2010
ekim8587 said:
Young is good, you get points for that too, they are particularly sensitive to age. more than FSW