+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Im worried about my drivng licence.

yodamai2002

Aug 24, 2007
Im from Africa and living in Spain.I just submited an application for a PR and Im a bit worried if I would have to go through a driving test when I move to Canada or whether my driving licence would be recognized there.Please advise me.Thanks.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

yodamai2002 said:
Im from Africa and living in Spain.I just submited an application for a PR and Im a bit worried if I would have to go through a driving test when I move to Canada or whether my driving licence would be recognized there.Please advise me.Thanks.
Depends on the province, so check the province where you are heading under Driver's License.

PMM

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

yodamai2002 said:
Well,my intention is to live in Alberta.
You will have to start from scratch for a license it appears, read: http://www.servicealberta.ca/mv/operator.cfm#NonAltaOperatorLicence

PMM

Eduardo Picazo

Feb 19, 2005
Reynosa, Mexico
yodamai2002 said:
Well,my intention is to live in Alberta.
your licence will be valid for 3 Months upon your landing then you must have an Alberta's driver licence

I brought my Mexican driver's license to Calgary so I have to apply for a written test and then for a driving test very soon

Cheers
Eduardo

yodamai2002

Aug 24, 2007
Thanks for your replys.Well its very annoying because I had to go through hell to obtain this driving licence here in Spain since I had to master the Spanish language before I pass the test.Now seems I had to through the same ordeal when I move to Canada.Well thanks Heavens im fluent in both English and French.But I think some laws are senseless and make life even more difficult for all of us.Well unfortunately neither you nor I can change this.Once again thanks.