+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I'm still a full time UG student. I got a job offer for full time.

maka

Sep 25, 2011
I'm still a full time undergraduate student. This is my last year. I got a job offer for full time in a big company that is located in the same city. If I'm allowed to, I want to work and study full time, because this is my last year, I won't have to carry the load for long time. Is there anyway I can get full time work permit? If so, how do I do that? Please help! All my problems will be solved if I do this job and also have a good future because I will already be in the job by the time I finish my degree. Please help.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

maka said:
I'm still a full time undergraduate student. This is my last year. I got a job offer for full time in a big company that is located in the same city. If I'm allowed to, I want to work and study full time, because this is my last year, I won't have to carry the load for long time. Is there anyway I can get full time work permit? If so, how do I do that? Please help! All my problems will be solved if I do this job and also have a good future because I will already be in the job by the time I finish my degree. Please help.
1. You can either work or study, not both. (other than 20 hours per week on an off campus work permit) So if you want to work full time, you need an approved LMO from the company and then you must apply for a work permit. Note the requirements for new LMOs 4 weeks of advertising

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
maka said:
If I get the LMO and work permit, can I not take courses?
Only if the total length of your study was less than six months. However since you are completing your undergraduate degree, the total length of your study is several years - which means a study permit is required. If you continue attending university to finish your degree while on a closed work permit - you'll be studying illegally which makes you deportable. Don't do it. You could really mess up your life. Either hold off completing your degree - or hold off starting the full time work until your studies are finished.