+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Im so confused! Paying Fees online?!

travelcouple

Aug 17, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am so confused about paying fees online!!

The Sponsorship Guide for OUTSIDE CANADA applications states:

How to pay your fees if you live in Canada
You have the option of paying your fees through the Internet or at a financial institution.
Option 1. Payment of fees on our Web site
To use this option, you need:
• a credit card;
• access to a computer with a printer;
• a valid email address; and
• follow these steps below.

However, When i go to pay my fees online the only option is for IN CANADA CLASS applications!

Spouse and Common Law Partner In Canada Class
Sponsorship application (per application) $75.00
Principal applicant $475.00
A family member who is 22 years of age or older or who has a spouse or common-law partner, regardless of age $550.00
A family member who is less than 22 years of age and is not a spouse or common-law partner $150.

I tried calling the immigration canada office with no luck. What did anyone else do? Do i have to send a check or what?

I am a canadian living in canada applying to sponsor my common law partner from England. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
You can pay the fees online if your application will go to one of the three case processing centers that are in Canada. So if your application will be processed first in Mississauga (where sponsorship approval comes from) then in a visa office outside of Canada you can still pay online. It is confusing the way the page is titled, but if you go to FAQ you will see question 1 addresses this issue.

Allison