+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I'm f***cked up !!!! Seniors please help

hellovn

Jul 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I am a landed immigrant but haven't received my PR card. I also have a valid visiting visa in my passport. Unluckily when I came to St Stephen to land, the visa officer canceled my visiting visa and told me that i only need record of landing to re-enter Canada. However the airline didn't allow me to enter the plane today because i dont have my PR card.

Now when I searched in internet, i know that i have to apply for travel documents and it usually takes 10 working days for my application.

My question is: "is it ok for the visa office to cancel my visiting visa when I land?". I think it is his fault because he didn't cancel my wife's visiting visa although we landed together.

Your inputs are greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot!

hellovn

Jul 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
He cancelled my visiting visa but i don't have any entry stamp in my passport. Does Service Canada have any hotline for PR? I am really fu***cked up because I am already in a 3 week vacation and it will be too bad if I cannot return to work for my company in a few days.

Thanks,

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Try this contact information:

For Privacy Requests concerning Permanent Resident Card Applications, please contact:

Privacy Coordinator
Case Processing Centre Sydney
P. O. Box 9000
Sydney, Nova Scotia B1P 6K7
Tel.: (902) 564-3300
Fax: (902) 564-3146

If the above number does not give you a satisfactory response, try this number:

1-800-267-8376 toll free in Canada

1-613-944-4000 (in the National Capital Region and outside Canada)

TTY: 1-613-944-9136

Fax: 1-613-996-9709

E-mail: enqserv @ international.gc.ca

Mail: Enquiries Services (SXCI)
Department of Foreign Affairs and
International Trade
125 Sussex Drive, Ottawa, ON
K1A 0G2

hellovn

Jul 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have another question:

If I have both immigrant visa and visiting visa, will visa officer cancel both of my visas when I land?.

Thanks,

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

hellovn said:
I have another question:

If I have both immigrant visa and visiting visa, will visa officer cancel both of my visas when I land?.

Thanks,
Yes, because you will be a PR and no longer a visitor.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The visa officer can and should cancel a visit visa when you land as a PR. You are now a PR and do not need a visit visa. Your PR visa in your passport is only good for landing so it is already cancelled. The only "visa" you need now to go to Canada is to prove that you are PR. If you don't have a PR card yet, your COPR will usually do that. However, proving that to the airline to let you board is a different story and that is why you need a travel document.

hellovn

Jul 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is weird that the visa officer didn't cancel my wife's visiting visa and when I asked him why he canceled my visiting visa with his pen and told him that I would visit my country without my PR card, he said "I only need COPR to re-enter Canada".

Is it my fault not to have travel documents? or should it be the visa officer's fault? or should it be the air company's fault not to follow Canadian rules?

Thanks,

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It's your responsibility to obtain the travel document if you need it. The officer's only error was not canceling your wife's visit visa. The airlines are allowed to set their own rules regarding what documents are required for travel.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Agreed. It is your responsibility to get a travel document. They are usually required by the airline if you are not visa exempt and don't have a PR card. The airline does not want to risk bringing people to Canada that do not have the proper visa.

The IO should have told you that you would need a travel document to board the plane though but it is correct that when you arrive at the airport, you will only need your COPR.

Fav

Dec 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/10/2010
I hope you resolve this soon. I wish you the best

Sans_May2010

Jun 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10, 2010
Doc's Request.
Sept 30, 2010
Nomination.....
Docs received at Visa Office on Oct 18, 2010
Med's Request
June 23, 2013 & April 7, 2014
Med's Done....
August 2, 2013 & March 10, 2014
Passport Req..
June 23, 2013 & April 7, 2014
Its really too bad to use the subject language in a public forum even if you are in a real bad situation, Sans_May2010

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hellovn said:
Hi All,

I am a landed immigrant but haven't received my PR card. I also have a valid visiting visa in my passport. Unluckily when I came to St Stephen to land, the visa officer canceled my visiting visa and told me that i only need record of landing to re-enter Canada. However the airline didn't allow me to enter the plane today because i dont have my PR card.

Now when I searched in internet, i know that i have to apply for travel documents and it usually takes 10 working days for my application.

My question is: "is it ok for the visa office to cancel my visiting visa when I land?". I think it is his fault because he didn't cancel my wife's visiting visa although we landed together.

Your inputs are greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot!
What the officer did is as per the guidelines since you already are now a PR and you dont need a visitor status to enter Canada. To expedite the PR card or travel document case, Professional 1 has already given you the link and information.