+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I'm confused!!!

kemerloo

Star Member
Feb 21, 2013
Hi. I just got my study permit in the mail and no open work permit is included? But one of the conditions is that I can apply for employment on or off campus etc.. Is that already considered as my open work permit? Thanks guys..

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you can work full time during summer break and part time during semester with your study permit.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
kemerloo said:
Hi. I just got my study permit in the mail and no open work permit is included? But one of the conditions is that I can apply for employment on or off campus etc.. Is that already considered as my open work permit? Thanks guys..
what do u mean u got study permit in mail? did u apply for study permit extension or in land application? r u still outside canada? if ur outside canada u dont get study permit in mail u get a letter of introduction. Once u produce that letter, visa and passport at the port of entry u will be issued a study permit. On that study permit it should be written can work off campus etc in that case u will not require another work permit to work 20hrs per week. So please clarify ur question properly.

Mahesh512

Oct 8, 2015
Visa Chances...?

Hi all Please help me out I have got admit For FDU and today when i went to consultant for making 1st term fees for visa process he all sudden said it will be good to pay 1year(2 sem Fees) or 1sem fees+GIC he mentioned it will give more weight for visa.
I know that to take Gic has better chances but Financial support is little weak
so If i pay only 1 sem fees and if i show loan sanction letter of 20lakhs will it work or not ..
is there any chance of getting visa for this....Please help me out

kemerloo

Star Member
Feb 21, 2013
mead said:
what do u mean u got study permit in mail? did u apply for study permit extension or in land application? r u still outside canada? if ur outside canada u dont get study permit in mail u get a letter of introduction. Once u produce that letter, visa and passport at the port of entry u will be issued a study permit. On that study permit it should be written can work off campus etc in that case u will not require another work permit to work 20hrs per week. So please clarify ur question properly.
I am in Canada. If I'm outside Canada I will just get visa and letter and yes I know that you will get the study permit once you are in the port of entry. That is why I stated in my question that my "study permit" etc... Thanx anyway.

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
mead said:
Once u produce that letter, visa and passport at the port of entry u will be issued a study permit. week.
There are no guarantees that you will get the visa at port of entry. You can be refused.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
yyzstudent said:
There are no guarantees that you will get the visa at port of entry. You can be refused.
han????

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yyzstudent said:
True.

if CBSA would think you do not have enough requirement or are suspicious after short interview/conversation for holding a study permit.
you would not get it.