+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I'm about to give up...it seems impossible

Popek

May 13, 2014
Hi!

I'm still in Philippines and trying to find a job in Canada as a caregiver and i'm about to give up because it seems it's almost impossible.

Everybody is telling me to check on INDEED or classified ads to find a job offer, but 99% of those jobs are not willing to sponsor someone from other countries. They all want someone who's already in Canada. so I don't know why people keep telling me to check on those sites to find a job, its useless. its been 6 months i'm trying, i've sent my resume to at least 100-150 jobs offers and nothing. I have 4 years of experience as a Caregiver in Hong Kong, so it's not like I don't have any experience.

I think the only option would be to get help from an agency in Philippines, but the problem is that there's a lot of scams also, so I have no idea which one is reliable.

I would need your help on that: do you need any reliable agencies who could help me to find a job in Canada?

Thanks in advance for your help! :)

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
Hi!

I'm still in Philippines and trying to find a job in Canada as a caregiver and i'm about to give up because it seems it's almost impossible.

Everybody is telling me to check on INDEED or classified ads to find a job offer, but 99% of those jobs are not willing to sponsor someone from other countries. They all want someone who's already in Canada. so I don't know why people keep telling me to check on those sites to find a job, its useless. its been 6 months i'm trying, i've sent my resume to at least 100-150 jobs offers and nothing. I have 4 years of experience as a Caregiver in Hong Kong, so it's not like I don't have any experience.

I think the only option would be to get help from an agency in Philippines, but the problem is that there's a lot of scams also, so I have no idea which one is reliable.

I would need your help on that: do you need any reliable agencies who could help me to find a job in Canada?

@scylla gave you some useful advice in the other thread you started on this topic. She also suggested that you post here, so no fault on your part for heeding that advice, even if it results in 2 threads on same topic.

As pointed out by scylla, Canada changed the process a while ago for hiring caregivers from outside of Canada and it's more difficult for employers to do now.

You mention getting help from a "reliable agency" in the RP. There is a list of such on the POEA website:
https://poeajobs.ph/

I spent some time browsing there. There are not a lot of jobs being advertised in Canada. There seems to be no "caregiver" category at all, for any country, but I saw "household", which I suppose covers it. As I pointed out in the other thread, there are Canadian employers who are able to recruit direct from the PI. I won't mention a name here, but, if you send me a pm, I'll provide you with a link to the website of one I know, and tell you what they are looking for. I know the place. A decent employer, but it's not a caregiver job you would get.

Btw, I also asked you a question back in that thread. You do not have to satisfy my curiosity of course, but I remain curious.

Btw #2: Have you seen the documentary "Sunday Beauty Queen" on YouTube? It's about the lives of OFW caregivers in Hong Kong.

Haert

Star Member
Jun 17, 2021
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
25-03-2021
Hi!

If I were you try a different path. This pilot program will take so much of your time. Why not try to apply for a visitor's visa, and then obtain a LMIA from there. Then work on converting your visit visa, to a working visa, And yes, you are correct the vast majority of employers will prefer someone who's inside Canada because they are well aware of the timeline it takes for this pilot program. The competition in the applicant pool outside is pretty tough at the moment. However, It is not impossible to get hired even if you are located in PH or elsewhere, but it takes a lot of patience and luck to find an employer.