+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I'm a refugee who's become a permanent resident, but my husband isn't

dynamor

May 7, 2020
I've been a refugee in Canada for a couple of years and gained my permanent residency last year -- my husband works overseas, but I have had him included in my application when I first entered the country. When I gained the letter that says I became a permanent resident, it also mentioned how my husband should send documents to a Canadian Immigration office in India (even though we are not Indian nor does my husband work there) to process his permanent residence statues.

Unfortunately, this happened right before the COVID-19 outbreak last year, but while I was able to slowly move forward with my statues and PR card, we have heard absolutely nothing in regards to my husband's statues. Contacting the immigration office in India yields no response at all, and while contacting the immigration offices in Canada does work, they never respond when it is specifically about my husband's permanent residence.

I was hoping to see if anyone else is going through this or if someone can recommend an action I can take so we can at least know if my husband's PR statues is being processed or if it was completely forgotten or something of the like. I would also be very receptive to changing where my husband's statues is being processed since, as I mentioned, he does not reside in India nor are we Indian.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I've been a refugee in Canada for a couple of years and gained my permanent residency last year -- my husband works overseas, but I have had him included in my application when I first entered the country. When I gained the letter that says I became a permanent resident, it also mentioned how my husband should send documents to a Canadian Immigration office in India (even though we are not Indian nor does my husband work there) to process his permanent residence statues.

Unfortunately, this happened right before the COVID-19 outbreak last year, but while I was able to slowly move forward with my statues and PR card, we have heard absolutely nothing in regards to my husband's statues. Contacting the immigration office in India yields no response at all, and while contacting the immigration offices in Canada does work, they never respond when it is specifically about my husband's permanent residence.

I was hoping to see if anyone else is going through this or if someone can recommend an action I can take so we can at least know if my husband's PR statues is being processed or if it was completely forgotten or something of the like. I would also be very receptive to changing where my husband's statues is being processed since, as I mentioned, he does not reside in India nor are we Indian.
Join discussions here:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/overseas-spouse-and-dependents-of-protected-person-and-convention-refugee-timeline-share-here.616027/page-105