+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I'm a permanent resident and just got my PRTD approved , Do i need to do a English test on order to study university ?

Gal334

Oct 11, 2020
Hello

I'm a permanent resident(from 2008) and just got my PRTD approved and i'm planning to return to Canada to study University and Live there.

I finished high school in my home country last year and i dont have any Canadian education .

Do I need to do any English test in order to graduate University or my home country high school diploma will be enough ?

Thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello

I'm a permanent resident(from 2008) and just got my PRTD approved and i'm planning to return to Canada to study University and Live there.

I finished high school in my home country last year and i dont have any Canadian education .

Do I need to do any English test in order to graduate University or my home country high school diploma will be enough ?

Thank you
You say “in order to graduate University” so what do you mean? Do you mean IELTS to study in University? If so, look at admission requirements for your school and contact them.

Gal334

Oct 11, 2020
You say “in order to graduate University” so what do you mean? Do you mean IELTS to study in University? If so, look at admission requirements for your school and contact them.
I meant to study university
Will I get treated like any international student or like a resident of Canada?

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
I meant to study university
Will I get treated like any international student or like a resident of Canada?
The resident status is for tuition purposes not for entry requirements to a particular course.
Unless you can claim exemption for English scores, you will have to provide the Academic IELTS for an admission to a University.

Seek

Star Member
Mar 10, 2021
I applied for PRTD on H&C Ground, removed as a minor case and It is approved and I have recently received PRTD RC-1 Category stamp on my passport.
I applied as an International student in OntarioTech University and got accepted. Now, as I have received my PR-TD, I emailed my University asking to change my status from International student to domestic student.
I attached following documents in that email :
1. Passport (New, with PR-TD stamp)
2. Passport (Old)
3. PR Card (Expired in 2013)
4. PR-TD Stamp ( alone)
5. CoPR (expired in 2013)
6. SIN Card
7. Health Card ( expired in 2012 )
Now the university emailed me back saying that they wont consider the expired documentation to change my status to domestic student.

However on the universities official website it is stated that,
Eligibility for domestic fees :
  • A person who has been granted permanent resident status in Canada within the meaning of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
Please suggest what should I do ?

Thanks in advance.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
I applied for PRTD on H&C Ground, removed as a minor case and It is approved and I have recently received PRTD RC-1 Category stamp on my passport.
I applied as an International student in OntarioTech University and got accepted. Now, as I have received my PR-TD, I emailed my University asking to change my status from International student to domestic student.
I attached following documents in that email :
1. Passport (New, with PR-TD stamp)
2. Passport (Old)
3. PR Card (Expired in 2013)
4. PR-TD Stamp ( alone)
5. CoPR (expired in 2013)
6. SIN Card
7. Health Card ( expired in 2012 )
Now the university emailed me back saying that they wont consider the expired documentation to change my status to domestic student.

However on the universities official website it is stated that,
Eligibility for domestic fees :
  • A person who has been granted permanent resident status in Canada within the meaning of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
Please suggest what should I do ?

Thanks in advance.
I believe you have confused them with excess documentation. They looked at your CoPR (which would ofcourse be expired) and they decided that you are having an expired PR document. You need to just send them Passport scan and a copy of PR-TD stamp in a separate file. Also attach a copy of IRPA highlighting portion that tells that you are a genuine PR.

Seek

Star Member
Mar 10, 2021
I believe you have confused them with excess documentation. They looked at your CoPR (which would ofcourse be expired) and they decided that you are having an expired PR document. You need to just send them Passport scan and a copy of PR-TD stamp in a separate file. Also attach a copy of IRPA highlighting portion that tells that you are a genuine PR.
Hey !
Thanks a lot for your time .
Please can you tell me where can I get IRPA reference that you are talking about ?
I would be really grateful !
Thanks in advance .