+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I'm a Canadian...no your not letter?

Dec 12, 2009
Hello everyone,

I'm a married Canadian currently living in Thailand for the last 5 years. Just recently, i've checked on my status of my Sponsorship application for my wife and Step son to seek PR status----> In Progress.Fine.
I also received a letter from the Canadian High Commission in Singapore stating...

1ST PAGE

CASE STATUS ADDITIONAL INFORMATION REQUIRED

This refers to the Sponsorship application submitted by you on behalf of your wife, { wifes name}
This letter states that---> MY WIFE IS THE SPONSOR AND I'M THAI SEEK PR STATUS in Canada...wow!!! :eek:( a clerical error?..yes..a BiG ONE!)

2ND PAGE

STATES that ---> I should get Police Clearance if i wish to enter Canada????? :eek:

I'm ok with people making mistakes as we aren't perfect. HOWEVER, we work very long and hard on this whole process to bring families together and acquire all the DOCUMENTATION that is needed. Did they look at all the documentation that was sent???
I'm in awe as well as a state of ??? as to ---> 'Can this really happen?"

I'm the Sponsor and my wife is the Applicant...not what is stated in their letter ..

Thought i'd share something ridiculous, funny, HUH?, and a This really does happen!!!
They gave me 30 days to comply or my application will be refused..:)..and..I emailed the Canadian High Commission and they said it could take upto 28 days to respond back...lol

I'd like to hear from others as to 'what to do"?...

Thank you,
Donny
CDN in THailand

I

iarblue

Wow weird.Well you will need to get hold of them somehow to correct this so fax them send them a registered letter.At least if you send it registered you know they got it as they have to sign for it,but you got to do something before the 30 days is up.
Explain your the canadian,thats just messed up.

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
Fax them a copy of your Canadian passport and a copy of their letter, with a letter from you saying you don't understand what they're asking/saying and need further instruction.

Jun 5, 2010
I had a similar problem they sent my wife the papers for the PR saying it was in process,they should have sent it to me as im the PR.They somehow got the adress messed up.I was going to inform them,they caught their own mistake and called me.
I asked then what would be the best way to get in touch with them,if they had not called,i told them i was going to fax,they said yes that is the best way.

Dec 12, 2009
Hello everyone,

Thank you to everyone that replied to my enquiry.

They sent me an email and apologized for the error.

I have a new dilemma!!! which i'll post..