+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Illegitimate non accompanying dependent child

putGodfirst

Aug 11, 2018
Good day.

I am now preparing my documents for paper based PR application... I have a 9 year old son who lives with his mother and we're not married. I am going to Canada and I want to declare my illegitimate son because I want to give him a good future. But his mother refuse to cooperate and comply with the immigration rules for our son to be admissible in Canada. I tried everything to convince her but her decision is final and still mad at me. What can I do to proceed on my application?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Good day.

I am now preparing my documents for paper based PR application... I have a 9 year old son who lives with his mother and we're not married. I am going to Canada and I want to declare my illegitimate son because I want to give him a good future. But his mother refuse to cooperate and comply with the immigration rules for our son to be admissible in Canada. I tried everything to convince her but her decision is final and still mad at me. What can I do to proceed on my application?
You *must* declare the child as non-accompanying in your application. This allows IRCC to be able to proceed with the application if the child cannot be made available for examination. You will need to show that this is the case, and formally acknowledge that you will never be able to sponsor the child in the future. Failure to declare is, of course, misrepresentation.

Reactions: putGodfirst

putGodfirst

Aug 11, 2018
You *must* declare the child as non-accompanying in your application. This allows IRCC to be able to proceed with the application if the child cannot be made available for examination. You will need to show that this is the case, and formally acknowledge that you will never be able to sponsor the child in the future. Failure to declare is, of course, misrepresentation.
Hello, first of all thank you for responding to my question.

I actually am declaring the child as my dependent as I want to be truthful in my application.. I've declared him since my application to SINP and work permit and now for my PR paper based application as well... I have tried reaching out to my ex but she really doesn't want to cooperate.. I talked to her a while ago and got no for an answer so I really won't be able to provide my child's photo and medical exam (if CIC requests for it).

My question is what is the best course of action to proceed with my application? I am just worried that it may affect my application because I saw a lot of the same issues here that has the same situation like mine.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hello, first of all thank you for responding to my question.

I actually am declaring the child as my dependent as I want to be truthful in my application.. I've declared him since my application to SINP and work permit and now for my PR paper based application as well... I have tried reaching out to my ex but she really doesn't want to cooperate.. I talked to her a while ago and got no for an answer so I really won't be able to provide my child's photo and medical exam (if CIC requests for it).

My question is what is the best course of action to proceed with my application? I am just worried that it may affect my application because I saw a lot of the same issues here that has the same situation like mine.
You will need to be guided by IRCC as to their specific requirements for your individual case. Make sure you have good evidence/proof that the child's mother has sole custody and is refusing to provide access to the child for medical examination or provide documentation for the child.

apatel86

Star Member
Jun 15, 2018
Hi there, my situation is little different.
I have 1 son from previous marriage. He was 3 months when we separated and I saw him since then. He is in Australia lives with his father.Now I am moved to Canada, remarried and my husband has lodged my spousal sponsor ship inland application.i have shown him as accompanying dependent for my application. Now ircc has requested my medical and his medical as well. Now the problem is:
1) his medical form states my Canadian postal address , would it be ok?
2) I never saw or not contacted my son since he was 3 months, now he is 3 yrs old.. I have no intension to sponsor him now or in future. I tried to contact ex but he is non responsive.
Would it affect my application ? If I submit my application on time .. and is there any option to avoid his medical and any processing for him? I am very firm and not going to sponsor him anytime in future.
I would appreciate any sincere advice. Thank u