+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

illegible Passport Stamps translation ?

messiry

Sep 8, 2015
Hi Guys, I am preparing my citizenship application. I am aware that we are not supposed to submit our full passport pages during the online application process. But after hearing from others that they had their passport requested at a later stage, thought of translating the passport stamps too to submit it with my passport. But after I had my passport translated there was one entry and exit stamp in my home country, which were not clear due to the ink marks. I spoke with the translator, informed him the correct dates, and told him I had air tickets to support the info given. He told me that he can't translate based on air tickets, and the alternative would be to translate as "illegible" for both of the stamps. Would that constitute a problem with IRCC if two stamps are labeled "illegible"?

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Hi Guys, I am preparing my citizenship application. I am aware that we are not supposed to submit our full passport pages during the online application process. But after hearing from others that they had their passport requested at a later stage, thought of translating the passport stamps too to submit it with my passport. But after I had my passport translated there was one entry and exit stamp in my home country, which were not clear due to the ink marks. I spoke with the translator, informed him the correct dates, and told him I had air tickets to support the info given. He told me that he can't translate based on air tickets, and the alternative would be to translate as "illegible" for both of the stamps. Would that constitute a problem with IRCC if two stamps are labeled "illegible"?
Can you not get entry exit records from your home country? If everything else on your passport is in order, and your travel history does not look extra-ordinary from physical presence requirements, this is not necessarily a red flag.

In case you have boarding passes, that might help too.

messiry

Sep 8, 2015
Can you not get entry exit records from your home country? If everything else on your passport is in order, and your travel history does not look extra-ordinary from physical presence requirements, this is not necessarily a red flag.

In case you have boarding passes, that might help too.
Everything else is in order. I have an air ticket for both dates, but kept boarding pass for one of them, as it was my most recent trip . As for physical presence calculation comes at 1168 days. I am not sure about entry and exit records in my home country. I am just curious to know if anyone faced the same issue, as I don't know the consequences of having an "illegible" stamp written by the translator.