+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Illegal in US for 10 y, with kids (us citizens). Is it possible to move to Canad

sansara

Feb 1, 2017
Hi.
Is it possible to move to Canada being now illegal in USA? Have kids-citizens of USA, but me and my spouse are citizens of other country. We are in USA for over 10 years and want to legalise ourselfs and not to be scared all life long...Working on getting diplomas transfered and passed English test. Having experience in spesific field for over 4 years.
Is it possible to immigrate straight from USA and not to go back to our country?
Any advise would be really appreciated.
Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'm not certain if it's possible or not if both you and your spouse are without status in the US. All Canadian immigration programs require work experience. I don't know if CIC will allow you to count work that was gained without authorization. Detailed information about Canada's immigration programs can be found here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/apply.asp

Good luck.

sansara

Feb 1, 2017
Well, i don't know...
Being a truck driver for over 4 years in USA....it was an experience...and CDL was obtained legally.
Or work as self employed-consultant and help transp.companies to pass audits and compliance reviews with fmcsa (DOT)... do you think it can be counted?
Or is it better to hire lawyer ? Any advice on lawyer?
Thanks

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
You would need to provide police clearance for all countries you lived in for 6 months of more from the age of 18. How will you obtain a PCC from USA and from your home country embassy inside USA? You will have to send your passport for COPR to the country you are legally residing in. Your illegal stay is going to be a red flag in your Canadian application.

pultyn

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
Being a truck driver is not enough. It's skill C which means it's semi-skilled category. To be eligible, Truck Driver needs to live and work in a Province which has Province Nominee Program stream for Long Haul Truck Drivers. Most of the employers require border cross and your route to USA will be closed for another 10 years. You should try to find Canada-only runs but it's not easy. It is possible though. The easiest way would be Saskatchewan and technical profession like carpenter, siding installer, roofer. To be eligible in Express Entry Federal SKilled Workers program you need to have 453 pts (last draw). It's not easy to get to this point, especially when you apply with your spouse. Optimal age is 29 years, Master's degree (may be from your country of origin - you need to complete ECA), has Canadian education or Canadian experience in occupation 0, A or B.

Here is Express Entry calculator:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Please read all about Express Entry as it has three subcategories. The door isn't closed as I know many people who previously lived in the US for many years.