+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Illegal in the US

rascojenkins

Jul 25, 2008
Hello there members please help with this question. My spouse is illegal in the US due to carelessness from her US lawyer she was placed on deportation and I filed my CIC application for skilled worker with her like she is back in her home country my question is can she do medical here in the USA(even though l did not mention her living in the USA in my app) or she will have to go back home to her country and do the the medicals?

todiefor

Star Member
Jul 9, 2008
Since your wife is in the US and your the principal applicant, you should have put on the application that your wife is in the US. Anyway, I believe your wife can do medical in the US as long as she do it on accredited medical practitioner by the CIC. I've seen quite a number of posts where the application was filed on X country and undergo medical in Y country.

rascojenkins

Jul 25, 2008
Thanks a million TODIEFOR

HI CALVIN1998
The way she got in here if l have to sponsor her she'll have to go out of the US be4 coming back in and God along knows how long it will take per Lawyers.So she is better of in Canada and l could still file for her from canada.

rascojenkins

Jul 25, 2008
Hi TODEIFOR
one more thing if l put that she is in the US she would have not been able to get a FBI security check because she already has a deportation order in her name.

todiefor

Star Member
Jul 9, 2008
rascojenkins said:
Hi TODEIFOR
one more thing if l put that she is in the US she would have not been able to get a FBI security check because she already has a deportation order in her name.
That's not true. An illegal alien in the US can still get an FBI security check even though she has a deportation order. I've read a lot of story regarding illegal alien in the US that were successfully migrated to Canada. The FBI only check for criminal record.

rascojenkins

Jul 25, 2008
Good to Know that TODIEFOR since l already filed the FSW l will just wait and see if the Alberta PNP comes out faster than FSW then l will have to withdraw the FSW and follow Alberta PNP then l will change it and then have her do the FBI clerance check Thanks again guys this realy a meaningful forum

todiefor

Star Member
Jul 9, 2008
rascojenkins said:
Good to Know that TODIEFOR since l already filed the FSW l will just wait and see if the Alberta PNP comes out faster than FSW then l will have to withdraw the FSW and follow Alberta PNP then l will change it and then have her do the FBI clerance check Thanks again guys this realy a meaningful forum
How did you apply for Alberta PNP? Do you have a job offer from Alberta? I think APNP is faster than FSW. I wish I can apply in APNP.

rascojenkins

Jul 25, 2008
Yes the company l work for in the states have a branch in canada and l asked for a transfer so the Canada branch can sponsor me and its working pretty good.

KayCee2

Star Member
Jul 10, 2008
smart move to have your company transfer you to their canadian branch!

I don't think your wife will have problems getting her FBI clearance. The worst that can possibly happen has already happened if she is already in deportation proceedings... Just go get the FBI clearance done...

rascojenkins

Jul 25, 2008
Now that we already submitted an application stating that my spouse is back home how can we add the part that she is now in the United states and will that delay the process in anyway?

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
They don't care where your spouse is as at now. You are the principal applicant. people file for their dependents living in another country.