+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

illegal immigrant and getting pregnant,

lilacsouls

Nov 2, 2009
Hello all,

Here is the story of my friend

She used to be a student visa holder, but her study permit expired 1.5 year ago. CIC did not extend her study permit as they found out that she did not go to school in reality. They sent a deportation order and asked her to leave Canada immediately. She did not obey the order and remains in Canada till now. She is really in a dilemma as she gets pregnant and she does not know where she should go now. Her boyfriend is Canadian citizen and wants to sponsor her. They are going to register certificate of marriage in the next couple of months. Can she deliver a baby while she is illegally in Canada? Will CIC officers ask her to leave immediately as soon as they find out where she is now? Should she go back home and then apply outland PR application or remain in Canada and apply inland? Which way is preferable??

Please help her. Thank you in advance

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Having been deported, her application for PR will certainly not be straight forward. They should talk to a lawyer but I think she has a better chance if she stays although it will probably take a long time. Does she have health care? Having a baby in Canada without health care will not be cheap.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
I don't think she could have a health care staying illegal. also they always ask for id when one enters into hospital and each health issue is entered into database - it will be very easy to find out that she is illegal.
I think she needs a really good lawyer's advice.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, I also think it's unlikely that she has health care but I thought far fetched possibility if she was a student in a province where students qualify and that it somehow never got cancelled. I could see something like that happen maybe if she was in AB but not if she is in ON.

Lylyth

Star Member
Sep 15, 2009
Highly doubt the hospital will call up Immigration because she does not have health care. Basically all the hospital cares about is who is paying the bill. Basic inpatient care starts around $1,500 a day depending on the province.

lilacsouls

Nov 2, 2009
Thank you guys,

She already talked to a midwife. She intends to deliver baby at home. It's much cheaper and no one will find out where she is. I'm just wondering if she is able to apply inland PR application. Will CIC ask her to leave as soon as they review her application? Or they will let her remain in Canada??

Once again, thank you very much. I appreciate your help. Thanks.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

lilacsouls said:
Thank you guys,

She already talked to a midwife. She intends to deliver baby at home. It's much cheaper and no one will find out where she is. I'm just wondering if she is able to apply inland PR application. Will CIC ask her to leave as soon as they review her application? Or they will let her remain in Canada??

Once again, thank you very much. I appreciate your help. Thanks.
I wouldn't get my hopes up, she has been ordered deported, probably failed to appear for removal, if so a warrant has probably been issued.
So if she applies as a spousal inland, the removal order will be held in abeyance and the warrant canceled. The big but is that is if she doesn't receive first stage approval, then she will be removed.

PMM

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
She needs a lawyer to look over her paperwork before she makes a decision and advise her as to how to proceed. She doesn't want to make any mistakes with this - an inland application will not stop a deportation order, but it's hard to know for sure whether what she actually has IS a deportation order. Normally they ask you to leave voluntarily first. She needs to take her paperwork and consult with an immigration attorney - and then make a decision about what to do.