+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ignou one year BCom Validity for WES evaluation

Prudhvi R

Nov 1, 2020
I am a qualified Chartered Accountant in India, I am doing BCom one year degree at ignou (As per agreement between ICAI and IGNOU, Qualified CA can complete BCom in one year due to exemption of certain subjects). Is this BCom along with CA qualification considered as double degree in WES evaluation for applying PR visa through express entry?

Sushantgam

Jun 22, 2022
I am a qualified Chartered Accountant in India, I am doing BCom one year degree at ignou (As per agreement between ICAI and IGNOU, Qualified CA can complete BCom in one year due to exemption of certain subjects). Is this BCom along with CA qualification considered as double degree in WES evaluation for applying PR visa through express entry?
I am in the same situation as you. Were you able to get answers to these questions?
Please share your experience.

I have a few questions too.

My bachelor's degree is also from Ignou. B.com (account & finance) under the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with ICAI due to which I only had to appear for 1 year of exams and got this degree.

Now, the provisional degree received mentions date of admission as July 2020 and final exam date as December 2021. Whereas, with WES I have to get it evaluated as a 3 year degree. Wouldn't the dates mentioned on the degree cause a problem? Since there is only a gap of 1.5 years and I am claiming it to be 3 year degree?

Also, what should I mentioned when applying for express entry, as the date of start of degree and date of completion of degree? If I mention the dates mentioned on the degree again, wouldn't it create a problem sicne it took me only 1.5 years to complete?

What should I do here?

My goal is to have the B.com degree assessed as a 3 year degree and the CA-Inter assessed as 1 year diploma so that I can select "One or more degree" during my express entry application and claim extra points.

Sushantgam

Jun 22, 2022
Writing this for anyone needing this information in the future.
I had cleared IPCC from ICAI and gotten my b.com (A&F) from IGNOU. I got my credentials evaluated in 2022 by WES canada and they assessed the IGNOU degree as
"Bachelor's degree (three years)". I also had ICAI send them my IPCC transcripts and that was assessed as "College-level certificate (one year)".

I can now select the option: "two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years" when applying for PR.