+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

If your not a skilled worker how can you immigrate to canada

zebrapjs

May 7, 2010
I have a degree in Police criminal investigation.
I have worked as a customer service advisor in a call centre for over 6 years and have 2 years of retail experience. Along with this I have worked as a prison officer & currently work for the police in the operations department. Technically I do not class my self as skilled because I do not cover any occupations listed for the skilled worker list. So how does someone like me who wants to move to canada get over there?

astasi

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2010
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-09-2014
Med's Request
23-03-2015
Med's Done....
30-07-2014
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2015
LANDED..........
22-07-2015
OCCUPATION SELECTION
Customer Service, Information and Related Clerks (NOC 1453-C)

This unit group includes clerks who answer enquiries and provide information regarding an establishment's goods, services and policies and who provide customer services such as receiving payments and processing requests for services. They are employed by retail establishments, call centres, insurance, telephone and utility companies and other establishments throughout the private and public sectors.
This group also includes the following titles: accounts information clerk, bus information clerk, call centre agent – customer service, complaints clerk – customer service, counter enquiries clerk, courtesy desk clerk, customer service clerk, customer service representative – call centre, enquiries clerk, hospital information clerk, information clerk – customer service, lost-and-found clerk, order desk agent, public relations clerk, tourist information clerk.

1453 is semi-skilled but there is also the option of 2282 - call centre agent - technical support and that would be considered skilled, skill level B. You can find the description on the NOC website at http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/Profile.aspx?val=2&val1=2282

Another option B level option would be 1213 - call centre supervisor.

zebrapjs

May 7, 2010
astasi said:
OCCUPATION SELECTION
Customer Service, Information and Related Clerks (NOC 1453-C)

This unit group includes clerks who answer enquiries and provide information regarding an establishment's goods, services and policies and who provide customer services such as receiving payments and processing requests for services. They are employed by retail establishments, call centres, insurance, telephone and utility companies and other establishments throughout the private and public sectors.
This group also includes the following titles: accounts information clerk, bus information clerk, call centre agent – customer service, complaints clerk – customer service, counter enquiries clerk, courtesy desk clerk, customer service clerk, customer service representative – call centre, enquiries clerk, hospital information clerk, information clerk – customer service, lost-and-found clerk, order desk agent, public relations clerk, tourist information clerk.

1453 is semi-skilled but there is also the option of 2282 - call centre agent - technical support and that would be considered skilled, skill level B. You can find the description on the NOC website at http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/Profile.aspx?val=2&val1=2282

Another option B level option would be 1213 - call centre supervisor.

I dont understand this comment? Does this comment mean I can immigrate under this - Customer Service, Information and Related Clerks (NOC 1453-C) I do qualify for call centre agent technical support skill level b, i also qualify for call centre supervisor, but how would I apply to immigrate under these sections???

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
try this test, and u will see if u are eligible under skilled worker class to immigrate
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/tool/index.asp

or u can try look for employer being in ur country and then get a work permit and come to Canada to work for that employer.

u can come as live in caregiver, but u have to have experience or finished studies in that field.