+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

If your citizenship application is return then add your case here.

Sumonaney

Nov 29, 2012
I am creating this thread for them whom application is return form nova scotia, So that they can discuss with other people why return and how to reapply.

Also it will be helpful for the new applicant, who apply soon to get an idea what mistake the other people did.

So far I found in this forum the causes to return application.

1. not singature in the application form
2. not signature in the physical presence form
3. not writing the same date of application form and physical presence form
4. not writing the SIN
5. not writing full five years address and employment/school name
6. not writing name back of the photo and not stamping and dated by the photo studio
7. not tax filed tax return last three years and not meet physical presence in Canada 1095 days
8. if application is retun question 3 in the form must say NO and write a cover letter why was return

Thanks
Wish it will be little bit helpful to send new application or resend application - Applicant

Hamid khan

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2013
I am creating this thread for them whom application is return form nova scotia, So that they can discuss with other people why return and how to reapply.

Also it will be helpful for the new applicant, who apply soon to get an idea what mistake the other people did.

So far I found in this forum the causes to return application.

1. not singature in the application form
2. not signature in the physical presence form
3. not writing the same date of application form and physical presence form
4. not writing the SIN
5. not writing full five years address and employment/school name
6. not writing name back of the photo and not stamping and dated by the photo studio
7. not tax filed tax return last three years and not meet physical presence in Canada 1095 days
8. if application is retun question 3 in the form must say NO and write a cover letter why was return

Thanks
Wish it will be little bit helpful to send new application or resend application - Applicant

Excellent
But I already applied

Immi52

Jul 11, 2012
I just got my application return, my wife forgot to sign--I am now sending it back--application was received on Dec 4th 2018, no AOR yet

cursor18

May 31, 2015
Also for point 6 "not writing name back of the photo and not stamping and dated by the photo studio", stamping is no longer required (as of Feb 2019)

It only requires Name of Studio/Photographer, address of studio/photographer, date it was taken and Name of the applicant

mysteryocean

Jun 20, 2010
swift current SK Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
no request!!
Nomination.....
01-08-11
AOR Received.
CIO 16-03-12 NDVO 03-04-12
Med's Request
23 July 2012
Med's Done....
30 July 2012
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
23 July 2012
VISA ISSUED...
31 Jan 2013
LANDED..........
Already in canada
Ours was returned due to forgetting SIN. It was originally received on Nov 16, 2018. Now it is sent back and received on January 31,2019.
Would go back to que from the beginning? or we can jump the que and resume from where it was returned?

thealchemist

Aug 14, 2014
Has anyone's application been returned due to a slightly old version of the form? I signed and sent my application on Feb 4 2019 but there is a new form available now on the cic website with version Jan 2019.

GraceCan

Oct 16, 2014
Has anyone's application been returned due to a slightly old version of the form? I signed and sent my application on Feb 4 2019 but there is a new form available now on the cic website with version Jan 2019.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/application-canadian-citizenship-adults.html

Make sure you use a version of the application form dated October 2017 or later.
You can find the version date on the bottom left corner of the form. For example, “CIT 0002 (01-2019)” means the version date is January 2019. The date you sign or mail your form does not change the version date. If you submit your application on a form with a version date older than October 2017, we’ll return it to you and ask you to resubmit your application using the newest version of the form.
If you used a version of the form dated October 2017 or later and we returned it to you as incomplete, you don’t need to use the newest version of the form to resubmit your application. You can resubmit it using the same form once you get the missing information or documents.