Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
all questions for applying pgwp, questions regarding international students

vishalpatil86

Aug 6, 2013
Hi,

I am planning to apply for PGWP in May 2016. My wife is on open work permit. Can I extend her open work permit at the same time?

The-SpaceGuy

Aug 10, 2015
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vishalpatil86 said:
Hi,

I am planning to apply for PGWP in May 2016. My wife is on open work permit. Can I extend her open work permit at the same time?
your wife has pgwp you mean? if not .. if its open work permit .. how did she obtain it and how long was it..when she obtained it.

vishalpatil86

Aug 6, 2013
Hi,

let me clarify this. Right now I am study permit holder and she has open work permit. I am planning to apply for PGWP in April (after my graduation) and want to extend my wife's open work permit at the same time. My question was is it possible to extend her open work permit at the same time? Also, I have all the resources to apply for PGWP from cic website, but don't have a clue about extending spousal open work permit. If you could guide me, that would be really great!

The-SpaceGuy

Aug 10, 2015
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vishalpatil86 said:
Hi,

let me clarify this. Right now I am study permit holder and she has open work permit. I am planning to apply for PGWP in April (after my graduation) and want to extend my wife's open work permit at the same time. My question was is it possible to extend her open work permit at the same time? Also, I have all the resources to apply for PGWP from cic website, but don't have a clue about extending spousal open work permit. If you could guide me, that would be really great!

you did not answer my question.. I was crystal clear. Please read the questions I asked and reply. Remember that you get answers based on how much effort you put here to explain your situation.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
vishalpatil86 said:
Hi,

if ur on PGWP ur wife cannot apply/renew for open work permit until u have a skilled job(NOC 0,A orB) if not it will be rejected.

echelon99

Jun 5, 2012
Colombo, Sri-Lanka
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
IELTS Request
8.0 overall
File Transfer...
24-05-2013
Med's Request
28-06-2013
Med's Done....
01-07-2013
Passport Req..
19-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2013
Can you shed any light on my situation?

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/pgwp-question-t399064.0.html;msg4990212#msg4990212

vishalpatil86

Aug 6, 2013
mead said:
if ur on PGWP ur wife cannot apply/renew for open work permit until u have a skilled job(NOC 0,A orB) if not it will be rejected.
Thank you for letting me know about this. At least I know the direction now.

van08

Jan 27, 2016
Hey

I applied for my PGWP on Feb 11. But my TRV has expired and I have to go for a conference in May.
I have a valid study permit till July 2016.

Is it possible to apply for a TRV based on my study permit, or do I have to wait till I receive my PGWP?

Thanks

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
vishalpatil86 said:
Thank you for letting me know about this. At least I know the direction now.
yes so ur wife may have to do a change of condition due to going from OWP to visitors permit till u get a skilled job. if ur on PGWP and want to extend ur wife's work permit then u will have to provide details of ur job
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=199&top=17

Feb 19, 2016
Hey, maybe you can help me!

Let's consider this two examples:

X studied during three years a course which could be done in two.
Y studied during one year the same course.

How do we know the possible length of pgwp? Is it based on how long we spend studying or based on the course lengh? Where can I check the length of courses, because on bcit website, there's only information of the average time students had spent to conclude it, there's no information about the length of the course. I mean: how check the effective time (length) of the course???

The-SpaceGuy

Aug 10, 2015
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
juliomonteironeto said:
Hey, maybe you can help me!

Let's consider this two examples:

X studied during three years a course which could be done in two.
Y studied during one year the same course.

How do we know the possible length of pgwp? Is it based on how long we spend studying or based on the course lengh? Where can I check the length of courses, because on bcit website, there's only information of the average time students had spent to conclude it, there's no information about the length of the course. I mean: how check the effective time (length) of the course???

No. of semesters. I studied 2 years course in 16 months .. I still got 3 years because I finished 4 semesters without break.