+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

If you have a PPR from Buffalo - in person stamping

jameskutty

Jun 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I understand that there is confusion around the closing of the Buffalo consulate. If you have a passport request from Buffalo (ie one just asking you to submit passports to Buffalo and NOT one which asks you to submit passports to some other office.) - you can still go and get it stamped in person. I know cause I just got this done yesterday (Tuesday - May 29).

They are turning away everyone else (except citizens and people who have been called for an interview I guess) - and therefore the queue at the consulate is extremely small and you can get your immigrant visa and COPR in about an hour. There is a parking lot right in front of the HSBC building - so you should be in and out in no time.

If you have a PPR, I would say catch the next flight to Buffalo and get the stamping done tomorrow (Thursday) and save yourself the grief of wondering what would happen to your case.

Hope this helps.

For the greater glory of God!
St. Catherine. Pray for us.

Tennesseean

May 23, 2012
jameskutty said:
I understand that there is confusion around the closing of the Buffalo consulate. If you have a passport request from Buffalo (ie one just asking you to submit passports to Buffalo and NOT one which asks you to submit passports to some other office.) - you can still go and get it stamped in person. I know cause I just got this done yesterday (Tuesday - May 29).

They are turning away everyone else (except citizens and people who have been called for an interview I guess) - and therefore the queue at the consulate is extremely small and you can get your immigrant visa and COPR in about an hour. There is a parking lot right in front of the HSBC building - so you should be in and out in no time.

If you have a PPR, I would say catch the next flight to Buffalo and get the stamping done tomorrow (Thursday) and save yourself the grief of wondering what would happen to your case.

Hope this helps.

For the greater glory of God!
St. Catherine. Pray for us.
Hi Jameskutty, thank you for the information. Do you know how long more they will be opened? I was thinking of going there in-person this week, but dropped my plans because of the closing news.
Thanks.

jameskutty

Jun 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tennesseean said:
Hi Jameskutty, thank you for the information. Do you know how long more they will be opened? I was thinking of going there in-person this week, but dropped my plans because of the closing news.
Thanks.
I dont know. I notice that they now have a different notice on their website starting sometime last night:
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/visas/submit_soumettre.aspx?view=d

I fear I was probably one of the last to get the thing stamped. Until yesterday there was a different note on the Buffalo website.

salsa

May 30, 2012
I sent my passports on May 18th to buffalo office for visa issuance, When I read about the visa office closure I sent an email to Buffalo and this is what they responded. So hopefully since we are in the last stage there are no delays in this last process.

As your passports have already been received here, your visas will be issued as usual.

Immigration Section
Consulate General of Canada
Consulat général du Canada
Buffalo

Tennesseean

May 23, 2012
salsa said:
I sent my passports on May 18th to buffalo office for visa issuance, When I read about the visa office closure I sent an email to Buffalo and this is what they responded. So hopefully since we are in the last stage there are no delays in this last process.

As your passports have already been received here, your visas will be issued as usual.

Immigration Section
Consulate General of Canada
Consulat général du Canada
Buffalo
Hi Salsa,

To which email address you have sent an email to Buffalo? I am not getting any response from them. Thanks.

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
Tennesseean said:
Thank you. I have sent an email. Hope to hear from them.
I thought the consulate was closed... Would it even respond to the email?