+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

If you don’t drive and you live 2hrs or more from test interview how do you get IRCC centre.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
I drive so that’s wasn’t a problem for me but what’s about the people who don’t and can’t afford a taxi and they live hours away. How do they get to Test or Oath for 8.30 in the morning?
Maybe getting some help from friends/fellow community members who drive, use their credit card and pay a bit later, wake up super early and take public transit or a combination of both public transit + uber, stay the night before with a friend who lives closer to the location, find a cheap motel closer to the location, ...i think anyone who has gone this far wouldn't be challenged in finding a way to get to an interview or oath

homecanada

Star Member
Jun 1, 2013
Most of the people figured out what to do before applying for PR and travelled all the way from their home country to land.. They are smart enough to figure this last step out.

Sep 19, 2018
I drive so that’s wasn’t a problem for me but what’s about the people who don’t and can’t afford a taxi and they live hours away. How do they get to Test or Oath for 8.30 in the morning?
IRCC offers services to applicants (tests and oaths) who live far from city centres through IRCC itinerant services. In fact, in very rural areas of Canada, IRCC may even offer a CIT test and oath ceremony on the same day through itinerant services. But, these services are only usually offered once or twice a year, in locations where the workload justifies the service.

Clients served by itinerant services are given the option to schedule an appointment at an IRCC office if they do not want to wait for the next planned itinerant service.

As others inferred, if you can’t afford to take Uber/taxi or even public transportation, why would they spend all this money to apply in the first place?
From an economics (theories) standpoint, when someone really wants something, they usually do everything in their power to find the money.
Are you aware that most federal Government jobs are for Canadian citizens? There are so many reasons why individuals will want/need to apply for their citizenship once they are eligible.

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
Are you aware that most federal Government jobs are for Canadian citizens? There are so many reasons why individuals will want/need to apply for their citizenship once they are eligible.
I’m not sure what subject matter you’re referring to, but my post has nothing to do with the reasons why and when people should apply for citizenship. It’s rather based on the original post.

Last edited:
Reactions: foodie69 and qorax