+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

If you don’t drive and you live 2hrs or more from test interview how do you get IRCC centre.

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
I drive so that’s wasn’t a problem for me but what’s about the people who don’t and can’t afford a taxi and they live hours away. How do they get to Test or Oath for 8.30 in the morning?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
I drive so that’s wasn’t a problem for me but what’s about the people who don’t and can’t afford a taxi and they live hours away. How do they get to Test or Oath for 8.30 in the morning?
That is something they will have to deal with. They have to prepare for and make arrangements themselves. If they can afford to pay $630 to apply for citizenship, they can surely afford some kind of travel arrangement whether it be by taxi, bus, train. Or even travel the day before and stay overnight at hotel. There are even some people who even afford flight tickets to come in for test / oath and they are outside the country, much less 2 hours away.

Last edited:

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
I love to discuss hypothetical scenarios LOL

OK, so everyone paid 630 dollars for their application so they should have some money to begin with. If that payment left them broke, then I suggest hiking to the site on the day prior and camp there overnight. I mean they'd be almost homeless anyway.

Reactions: qorax

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
That is something they will have to deal with. They have to prepare for and make arrangements themselves. If they can afford to pay $630 to apply for citizenship, they can surely afford a taxi service.
I do believe people there’s people who save for months to come up with the money to apply citizenship and when they apply in Scarborough they naturally assume their process will be complete in Scarborough.

Last edited:
Reactions: iwodamiorie

EstherBarros

Aug 18, 2014
BC- Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
Doc's Request.
02-07-2015
AOR Received.
03-02-2015
File Transfer...
14-02-2015
Med's Done....
23-09-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2015
LANDED..........
22-08-2015
I do believe people there’s people who save for months to come up with the money to apply citizenship and when they apply in Scarborough they naturally assume their process will be complete in Scarborough.
They don't really apply "in Scarborough", though. They apply, then their application gets sent to the visa office. Some people don't live close to visa offices, some people live in the interior where there's no VO... I assume this is normal for a lot of applicants, and they figure it out. They could even post here/ on a forum/their social media asking for a ride, if they're desperate.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Naturally CIC will choose the office closest to their place of residency as possible. There are some circumstances that CIC cannot reasonable accommodate the applicant due to closest office being too far away. In this case, they can send the agents to an office near the applicant's home. Doesn't always happen but they do accommodate once in a while.

Reactions: iwodamiorie

homecanada

Star Member
Jun 1, 2013
When one apply.. they need to consider everything which includes that oath will be at a place which may not be near by..Cost to travel even if it is by bus..cost to apply for passport...Barring few exception.. people know..

glob

Oct 6, 2017
Hitch a train, or sneak into someone's truck that travels in the direction of your CIC centre.
Sleep in a tent or under a bridge, in sewers etc. You might want to connect with a local homeless community - they can share some useful tips.
Regarding food, dumpsters are a number one choice. Also try asking some kindhearted Tim Hortons visitiors, they could buy you coffee and donuts.
If this doesn't work, just quietly snatch some stuff from a convenience store, it shouldn't affect your citizenship application much since it's not an indictable offence anyway.

Reactions: Joshua1 and qorax

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
Well I guess since we take a plane to get to this great country and some of us work our $#$# off to contribute and pay taxes we should go where ever they want us to go for our citizenship process even if we have to take a plane.

I totally agree with you SpiceIsand. As a community support person, I know of a lot of people who will be in serious trouble to take taxi not to talk of pay for an hotel. Yet we say citizenship is not for a particular class of people but if we create situations that make it difficult for some people in our communities then there is a huge problem.
It is a discussion that I am actually starting at work right now to try and give information to people on their rights.

Naturally CIC will choose the office closest to their place of residency as possible. There are some circumstances that CIC cannot reasonable accommodate the applicant due to closest office being too far away. In this case, they can send the agents to an office near the applicant's home. Doesn't always happen but they do accommodate once in a while.
That is what I will expect knowing how Canada want to give people equal opportunity, knowing that equity is far from equality.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Well I guess since we take a plane to get to this great country and some of us work our $#$# off to contribute and pay taxes we should go where ever they want us to go for our citizenship process even if we have to take a plane.
Processing offices are in the general area of residence, so someone should be able to find a way there. Yeah, it might be expensive if they have to cab it. Given the amount of time between when they paid the fee to test and then to oath ceremony, they can save up money in between for these things. Once someone has made the decision to pay that fee, they are pretty much making it a priority in their lives and will figure it out. If they are truly put in a hardship, say they live hours away (if they drove) from an office, they could appeal to take the test and oath on the same day as many have done.

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
Hitch a train, or sneak into someone's truck that travels in the direction of your CIC centre.
Sleep in a tent or under a bridge, in sewers etc. You might want to connect with a local homeless community - they can share some useful tips.
Regarding food, dumpsters are a number one choice. Also try asking some kindhearted Tim Hortons visitiors, they could buy you coffee and donuts.
If this doesn't work, just quietly snatch some stuff from a convenience store, it shouldn't affect your citizenship application much since it's not an indictable offence anyway.
LOL!!!

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
As others inferred, if you can’t afford to take Uber/taxi or even public transportation, why would they spend all this money to apply in the first place?
From an economics (theories) standpoint, when someone really wants something, they usually do everything in their power to find the money.

Last edited: