+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

If you arrive too early, you may be refused entry by the BSO

AhmedAlagha

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
Hello,

I am a Ph.D. student, started in Fall 2020 and finished 2 semesters from distance. I'm traveling to Canada in a couple of weeks, and I came across the following statement on the government's website:
"If you arrive too early, you may be refused entry by the BSO".

This is generally aimed at students coming much earlier than their starting date.
But could this be applied to my case? I have already started last September. I do not have classes this summer but I have research work for my PhD that requires meeting with my advisor, the the time difference between us currently is 8-9 hours!

Anyone has had a similar experience recently?
Your opinion is appreciated :D

arhue

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Should not be a problem.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello,

I am a Ph.D. student, started in Fall 2020 and finished 2 semesters from distance. I'm traveling to Canada in a couple of weeks, and I came across the following statement on the government's website:

This is generally aimed at students coming much earlier than their starting date.
But could this be applied to my case? I have already started last September. I do not have classes this summer but I have research work for my PhD that requires meeting with my advisor, the the time difference between us currently is 8-9 hours!

You should be fine...

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

You've already started your studies so it doesn't apply to you.

LittleQuestion

Star Member
Jan 10, 2021
Yes. Canada often refuses entry to students arriving early because they don't have the extra funds to support themselves and out of concern that they will work when they can't start working until they start studying
I already started my studies online but I want return these days because I have a lot technical and time difference issues .

FrancesNg

Jun 7, 2021
Hello,

I am same case, I started in Fall 2020 and finished 2 semesters from distance. Did you arrive Canada?

Last edited: