+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

If Work Permit Expires, Can I Go Home and Wait for PR?

Discussion in 'Express Entry / Expression of Interest' started by newimmi44, Jan 16, 2018.

  1. My PGWP is good until March 7, 2019.

    But December, I will have one year of work experience and will apply for EE-Candian Experience Class.

    If my PGWP expires before I get the ITA, can I go home and wait to get a ITA? It's not as big of a deal for me verses other immigrants because I live only 8 hours away in the States, but I am thinking that I can work for a year in the US and get points added to my EE profile and that will give me even more time to learn French.
  2. Yes, no issues going back home and applying from there.

  3. That's cool. One year of foreign work experience give me an extra 50 points on the profile. I figured I could get my one year of foreign work experience and be all good :)

    I may not get PR for a while, but I would eventually get it barring any extreme rule changes.

Share This Page