+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

If work permit application is delayed, is it advisable to enter on as a tourist?

dbdbdb

Jun 3, 2013
The work permit application process is driving me crazy, and I'm worried that I won't receive the work permit on time. Is it advisable to enter Canada on a tourist visa (I and my family all have passports from visa exempt countries)? I would then start working without delay, though maybe I wouldn't yet be formally employed or receiving a salary yet.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What you're suggesting is illegal. If you start working (even without pay) before your work permit is finalized, you're putting your work permit and your family's status in Canada at risk. Don't do it.

dbdbdb

Jun 3, 2013
Ok. What if I enter canada but to not start working? I am coming from Europe so the flight tickets are quite expensive. It would make much more sense to enter Canada, wait until the work permit is ready, and then cross the border into the US and come back.

jatinder751

Jul 2, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
none
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dbdbdb said:
The work permit application process is driving me crazy, and I'm worried that I won't receive the work permit on time. Is it advisable to enter Canada on a tourist visa (I and my family all have passports from visa exempt countries)? I would then start working without delay, though maybe I wouldn't yet be formally employed or receiving a salary yet.
do not make mistake of screwing with the cbsa/cic I know guys in canada who got kicked out the first hour they started working without proper authorization, may be they were out of luck but they i know they are out of this country and regretting what they did, they are letting you in country based on TRUST' if you are violating any of your conditions you would in fact be breaching public trust they invested in you when they let you inside their borders, i know it sounds cynical, but it is what it is, if you plan to live in this country stick to the basic and a person educated like you should be the one to lead others by example,, good luck.

jatinder751

Jul 2, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
none
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
What you're suggesting is illegal. If you start working (even without pay) before your work permit is finalized, you're putting your work permit and your family's status in Canada at risk. Don't do it.
good job advising