+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

If withdraw application now, can we apply again in the future without problem ?

yochan

Sep 26, 2015
Hi, Hope some one can help us out.
I am a Japanese and my husband is Canadian citizen. Both of us are living in Thailand last 19 years. We applied my permanent residency as a spouse last March, my husband got an approval and our documents has been sent to Singapore office. Recently the Singapore office sent us an e-mail requesting a police clearance from Thailand (I got a police clearance from Japan and sent it with application) as well as "Credible evidence" of my husband's intention to go back to Canada.
Police clearance from Thailand should not be a problem other than it takes over a month, but "Credible evidence" appears a bit difficult. They said "Credible evidence such as evidence of looking for job, renting house, applying for school etc and/or giving notice to current employer. To us it's not realistic to look for job and house based on MAYBE in 2.5 years we can move to Canada...according to the website, waiting time at the Singapore office is 28 moths or so. We recently received an official certificate from Thai government that our company which we owned and operated last 18 years has been closed. We asked if this certificate is good enough as "Credible evidence". They have not replied to us for over one week.

Now we are frustrated and leading towards to forget the idea of me to get PR for now and enjoy retiring here for a while. Question is if my husband withdraw application now, will he be able to apply PR for me in the future again ?

BhaveshCanada

Star Member
Jul 28, 2013
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2015
Doc's Request.
15-05-2015
AOR Received.
28-04-2015
File Transfer...
13-05-2015
Med's Request
28-04-2015
Med's Done....
13-12-2014
Passport Req..
I wish we got it yesterday ;-)
LANDED..........
in my arms
Hi,
First of all, congratulations for spending 19 beautiful years of togetherness. To answer your question straight forward, it is okay to withdraw your application now and apply layer as far as the reason for withdrawal is convincing to the visa officer. But my question is, why do you wanna do that at first place? Sooner or later, you will be applying for PR so it doesn't make sense to withdraw now coz eventually the processing time is increasing every year.
Your husband has already received sponcorship approval, which means your step 1 is already over. Step 2 is the longest and every day our patience r being tested and I understand that is your current application status. As they have asked for police clearance certificate, it'd eve dent that your application is under process. As far as "credible evidence" is concerned, I understand that Thai government certificate should be sufficient as all those docs you mentioned are options and not all are mandatory.
Talking about that 28 months wait period, I will suggest you to first get your Canadian tourist visa and then go with your husband to Canada till you get your PR. You can also apply for open work permit from inside Canada as far as I know.
And last, your email to CIC asking clarification on if that certificate from Thai government is good enough, I don't believe you will ever get a reply! Good luck with that

jaytanz

Sep 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2014
Interview........
Recommended on 27th April 2016 (Approved) DM 5th May
Passport Req..
9th May 2016
VISA ISSUED...
11th may 2016
LANDED..........
TRV ✌
BhaveshCanada said:
You can also apply for open work permit from inside Canada as far as I know.
No she cannot they have applied out land only inland application the PA qualifies for OWP

just my two cents

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Yes, you can withdraw your application now, and your husband will still be able to sponsor you later. However, on the next application, you will have to explain why you withdrew this application. What you've said here is a good enough reason.

However, you could just keep the application going and stay in Thailand while waiting. Or your husband could move back to Canada and you could go with him as a visitor. With a Japanese passport, you do not need a visa to enter Canada as a visitor. Once here, you can apply to extend your stay. You can apply outland as a visitor in Canada.

Your husband can move back to Canada whenever he wants. If he does so soon, then it will be easier to provide proof that he is going to. This does not mean you will be apart, since you can accompany him as a visitor.

yochan

Sep 26, 2015
Thank you for all of you to take your time to reply to me. Will think about it what to do with my husband.

v.s.

Apr 27, 2022
Yes, you can withdraw your application now, and your husband will still be able to sponsor you later. However, on the next application, you will have to explain why you withdrew this application. What you've said here is a good enough reason.

However, you could just keep the application going and stay in Thailand while waiting. Or your husband could move back to Canada and you could go with him as a visitor. With a Japanese passport, you do not need a visa to enter Canada as a visitor. Once here, you can apply to extend your stay. You can apply outland as a visitor in Canada.

Your husband can move back to Canada whenever he wants. If he does so soon, then it will be easier to provide proof that he is going to. This does not mean you will be apart, since you can accompany him as a visitor.
But how can I reenter the pools, if I deleted my application? The system always tells me I am in the pools, but I actually withdrawed the profile...

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
But how can I reenter the pools, if I deleted my application? The system always tells me I am in the pools, but I actually withdrawed the profile...
What pool are you referring to? Family sponsorship do NOT have a "pool". (exept parents and grandparents sponsorship)

v.s.

Apr 27, 2022
You posted at the wrong section. This section is about family sponsorship (i.e. PRs or Citizens of Canada sponsoring their families to become PRs)
I am sorry for that. Have you got an answer for that though?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am referring to the Working Holiday visa.
You need to post to the Foreign Workers section. The withdrawal process discussed here doesn't apply to your situation since it involves spousal sponsorship. Completely different process - apples and oranges.