+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

If we submit our original passport in VFS what does it mean

AjayCanIndian

Jan 29, 2019
Hello everyone, this is Ajay

Regarding Study Permit Application.

I have submitted all my docs in vfs on jan14,2019, from jan15,2019 the status showing that it is in under process at IRCC, how long it takes to get visa status??
And will GIC really helps to get approved, and if we submit our Original Pass Port was that confirmed that we get Approved, kindly anyone help me out.. Thank you.

2b.or.not.2b

Dec 3, 2018
You have made an offline paper based application where the standard practice is to submit your passport upfront. So no your visa is not yet approved. GIC payment made doesn't guarantee a visa it too is part.of standard operating procedure .
Your approval would depend upon your ties to your home country your educational background along with the course that you have selected along with your language ability etc.

AjayCanIndian

Jan 29, 2019
Thankyou so much for your reply, and information you provided was usefull and it may clear some other applicants doubts even.

AjayCanIndian

Jan 29, 2019
You have made an offline paper based application where the standard practice is to submit your passport upfront. So no your visa is not yet approved. GIC payment made doesn't guarantee a visa it too is part.of standard operating procedure .
Your approval would depend upon your ties to your home country your educational background along with the course that you have selected along with your language ability etc.
Visa Refused:
So finally after a 6 months of struggle i got these beautiful mail i have ever seen..
Completely this mail forced me to sit down for few minutes.

Grounds for refusal:
* purpose of visit
* You have not submitted IELTS (or equivalent standardized English language proficiency test) to show you have the ability to study and successfully complete your proposed program in Canada.

1) Actually what is "Purpose Of Visit", up to my knowledge the application itself indicates that it is Study Permit, and even i explained everything in SOP.

2) Coming to language Proficiency Test, i had "English Proficiency Test" conducted by University, again why they are asking IELTS or related stuff.

Please can you say :
>what exactly "Purpose of Visit" mean??
>those are big or small Issues??
>can i try once again??
>If am going to try once again how to satisfy them for those two reasons??

Please any one reply ASAP ..

Thank you.

2b.or.not.2b

Dec 3, 2018
Really sad to hear about your refusal.
Order CAIPS/GCMS notes to find out the actual reason for your refusal so you can address them when u reapply.
Purpose of visit is a generic refusal reason which includes the proposed study course it's relevance to your current qualifications etc.
IELTS/TOEFL are currently accepted standards by IRCC for testing your language proficiency.
So IMO you should order for the CAIPS notes and clear the IELTS test and then reapply.
Maybe if you share your profile and the study course and the colleges you have opted for then maybe some other expert member may give their opinion.
Hope this helps.