+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

If we don't have kids do we leave 3.accompanying children info blank?

Pippette

Jan 6, 2018
For the checklist, 3. Accompanying Children's Additional Information (supporting docs for sponsored person)

Since I don't have children do I just leave this section on the checklist blank? Because before I thought I would tick "no" but then the way the question is worded makes it looks like if I tick the box next to the original question it seems like I have children.
Basically, I feel like I am struggling with the checklist most of all! The instructions are vague. " ...as you work your way through, tick applicable" Do I have to tick each section to show that I've read it? Or check what i'm including? Am I allowed to leave sections blank?!
And under supporting docs for sponsor 3.Do you the sponsor and the person you are sponsoring have children together who may have a claim to Candian citizenship? If my answer is "no" and I also supposed to tick the box beside the question, or just the "no" box!

I don't know why this is so difficult for me! Please help!

tamsel

Jul 22, 2015
even I have the same confusion. in my case I have a child and if select yes the below boxes does not apply to my situation. what should I select? help, please. am sponsoring my spouse and son who are living outside of Canada.

trackgal1

Star Member
Jul 20, 2017
I would write somewhere on the checklist "not applicable, no children" or something similar to make them think you didn't skip a section.

jordo

Apr 27, 2014
Regina, SK
Everyone is aware of the new checklist right? It was updated a few days ago. It seems to have clarified some of the ambiguity.