+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

If We change the location (Country), PR file will transfer???

KK

Feb 22, 2009
Hi Expert,
I need your help. I am working in Canada under work permit visa and I have applied for PR under PNP one year ago. My PR file is under process. Now I am leaving canada and going back to home country. I will be informing immigration office of change in address. In that case my PR file will be transfering to home my country or They will communicate from same immigration office??
Anyone have ideas....suggestions.
Thanks,
KK

V

Star Member
Jan 31, 2009
It is really up to them. They may decide to continue the process where you applied or they may transfer it to your home country. I would guess that if you are in the beginning of the process, like if you have not received your AOR and medical instructions yet, there is a higher chance your application will be transferred to your home country.

Good luck,

V

Disclaimer: This is only my opinion. I am not an expert

KK

Feb 22, 2009
THanks for the reply.

I did my medical last year june 2008, after that my status is changed from single to married. I informed to immigation office of change in marital status, They told me submit my updated immigration PR forms. AFter that they send me wife's medical forms. My wife's has did medical exams recently in my home country. Now I am leaving canada because of laid off.

ANy idea... in this case. what will happend to my PR status.

Thanks,
KK

A

Albertagoverner

KK said:
THanks for the reply.

I did my medical last year june 2008, after that my status is changed from single to married. I informed to immigation office of change in marital status, They told me submit my updated immigration PR forms. AFter that they send me wife's medical forms. My wife's has did medical exams recently in my home country. Now I am leaving canada because of laid off.

ANy idea... in this case. what will happend to my PR status.

Thanks,
KK
Nothing will happen. As long as you inform CIC that where you are and what is your contact info. Once your case is at Buffalo CIC or anyother CIC and if you move somewhere, There are less chances that they will move your file according to your move. It happens rarely that file goes according to candidates' move.

KK

Feb 22, 2009
Thanks Once again!

How much time will take to clear my PR file after medical results have been issued? and updated in CIC web site?

If my PR file is clear, If they ask me to submit my passport at same immigration office where my file or I can request them to submit my passport in home country. From home country no courier services will send passport to Canada or USA. Will they accept my request??

Regards,
KK

ss123

Star Member
Dec 14, 2008
from what I have read in other posts, they will not allow to send passports to other visa offices for stamping.

Your best bet would be to send it ( via some people you know ) to some contacts in US/ Canada who can do it for you.
You can try courier in your home country by telling documents and not passport and see if it works.

there is no problem in sending passport out of Canada /US though

KK

Feb 22, 2009
Thanks!
But how much time will take to finalized my PR file after my wife's medical results have been issued? My wife did medical test recently and I did in June 2008. Immigration office told me that they will try to finalize my PR before june 2009 (1 year expire date from my medical test). Or I need to send reminder to immigration office to complete my PR file before june 2009. Any advise..
Regards,
KK

A

Albertagoverner

KK said:
Thanks!
But how much time will take to finalized my PR file after my wife's medical results have been issued? My wife did medical test recently and I did in June 2008. Immigration office told me that they will try to finalize my PR before june 2009 (1 year expire date from my medical test). Or I need to send reminder to immigration office to complete my PR file before june 2009. Any advise..
Regards,
KK

Dear KK:
Once Medical is issued, It usually take them to request for Passport or interview with 6-7 weeks.