+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

If it's "in process" at consulate, does that mean they've judged it complete?

bonacker

Star Member
Sep 25, 2009
Eastern Long Island, New York
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June, 2012
File Transfer...
August, 2012
Med's Done....
March, 2012
Hi All:

Another not-so-brilliant question from me. THANK YOU in advance for any answer!!

So: If my application is officially "in process" since March 11th in Buffalo, does that mean it's already been briefly reviewed and judged "complete"? Or could it still be returned to me as incomplete (for whatever reason)?

THANKS!

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
the application itself is judged "complete" before the sponsor is approved to sponsor.... they then move to processing the applicant's portion.... this doesn't mean that they will not request any further paperwork/originals or such... they may or may not... it just means that it's complete enough for them to begin processing... if there were any blatant ommissions, they would be requested before sponsor is approved

bonacker

Star Member
Sep 25, 2009
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June, 2012
File Transfer...
August, 2012
Med's Done....
March, 2012
thank you!!

tho... hmmm. i'm still uncertain.

see, i was always told it was the processing visa office -- that is, Buffalo, not Mississauga -- that would return it, if it was judged by them to be incomplete. (is that wrong?) i know for sure that it was incomplete in Mississauga's eyes before they okayed the sponsorship and sent my application on to Buffalo, because they told me so in the letter confirming the sponsorship had been approved.

(see, Mississauga said sponsorship had been approved, but that the wrong medical form had been included and therefore it was at that stage incomplete. we were instructed by Mississauga to send the corrected medical form ASAP to Buffalo, "to avoid delay," which we did.... and then got correspondence from Buffalo saying, basically, "no, no, nope, no do not by any means send us further documentation!" right hand, meet left hand?)

so i'm trying to determine if there's a chance my application will still be returned to me as "incomplete." (if Buffalo didn't get my medical form.... it was lost ... or for any other reason.)

jaune

Star Member
Jul 19, 2009
Hello,

I'm very surprised to see that you received an approval letter on 22 Feb but the online status is still <in process>. Does that mean your sponsorship application was approved but not the PR part yet?

It seems better that way as I haven't received any approval letter yet apart from the one asking me for more recent information. But my online status is also <in process>...I applied inland, btw...

bonacker

Star Member
Sep 25, 2009
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June, 2012
File Transfer...
August, 2012
Med's Done....
March, 2012
Jaune: Yes, this is standard procedure. My husband got a letter telling him his sponsorship application had been approved. After the sponsor is approved, it moves to the visa processing location, and the application itself gets in line to be processed.

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
i've heard of others who did the incorrect medical and moved onto the "in process" stage at the applicant's country (for outland).... so apparently they deem the application is complete enough to process (but in error?)... it will add processing time as you will likely have to wait for them to send "medical redo" forms... apparently this is the same form from the original application, and i've heard of at least one who has successfully gone ahead and redone the medical before being requested... however i've heard others say that they were told not to... sounds like you're up against the same battle... it's not consistient and probably varies from I/O to I/O, never mind location to location...

I don't think buffalo will send it back, i think they will just come back to you for the proper info when they get to that stage.. you aren't the only one in your situation.. there are also others whose medicals expire during the process and they need to be redone... they too are sometimes told to wait for the request and some are let to send it in proactively...

sounds like your I/O wants to make you wait.... :(

bonacker

Star Member
Sep 25, 2009
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June, 2012
File Transfer...
August, 2012
Med's Done....
March, 2012
Chelly: THANK YOU so much! What you say makes a lot of sense. What happened w/my medical is that the doctor stamped and signed and returned to me the wrong form, and insisted it was the correct form to send with the application. Off went the application ... and then a week or so later the doctor phoned back and said "oooooops, we gave you the wrong form. gee, sorry." They eventually filled out and sent the right form -- but, because they'd stapled my good color photos (for me and daughter) on the wrong form -- they made black and white xeroxes of our photos, and stapled those onto the correct form. (The doctor, mind you, is a three hour drive from where we live. But obviously I could have provided more pix if they'd only alerted me to what they were doing.) So I finally got the correct form, but with b/w xeroxes where the photos should be. Again, doctor insisted it was okay. Hmmm. Yeah. Hmmm. Mississauga said, "Send this ASAP to Buffalo." I did, and informed Buffalo via the email and fax number Mississauga told me to use -- and then Buffalo said "NO. DO NOT SEND US DOCUMENTS." Sigh. So my fingers are crossed. Maybe the medical form got thru okay. You never know. And maybe they'll overlook the b/w xeroxes. Sigh. THANKS AGAIN for the help and explanations, y'all! :-*