+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

If interview is waived does applicant receive a letter/e-mail notifying them?

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
Hi folks, have done a lot of searching on this forum (and by googling) and still cannot seem to get a clear answer on when/who/how CIC notifies people if their interview is waived. Along with some additional questions below.

I am guessing CIC will notify the applicant (the sponsored spouse/partner) - by e-mail or snail mail? Is it in the form of a letter? Any samples out there? If the interview is waived does this automatically reduce the remainder of the file processing time? If so by how much? Does waiving the interview mean that the PR is automatically going to be approved?

Would appreciate hearing from those whose interviews were waived. Many thanks for any assistance and clarification. Blessings. :)

hazamc

Mar 4, 2013
Burlington, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad, Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07 JUNE 2011 for wife
Doc's Request.
Never
AOR Received.
05 June 2012
File Transfer...
04 AUGUST 2011
Med's Done....
5 JUNE 2013 and 11 SEPTEMBER 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
February 2015
VISA ISSUED...
February 2015
LANDED..........
February 2015
CdnandTrini said:
Hi folks, have done a lot of searching on this forum (and by googling) and still cannot seem to get a clear answer on when/who/how CIC notifies people if their interview is waived. Along with some additional questions below.

I am guessing CIC will notify the applicant (the sponsored spouse/partner) - by e-mail or snail mail? Is it in the form of a letter? Any samples out there? If the interview is waived does this automatically reduce the remainder of the file processing time? If so by how much? Does waiving the interview mean that the PR is automatically going to be approved?

Would appreciate hearing from those whose interviews were waived. Many thanks for any assitance and clarification. Blessings. :)
During in the process of your file, if Visa Officer feels that he is satisfied from your relation then He can waive your interview but I think, they will not send you any special letter or information telling you that your interview has been waived. After this stage your application will be forwarded to the next department for further processing.
With Lots Of Douas and Best Wishes have a great day.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
We didn't get an email or letter regarding the interview. We simply went from "in process" to "decision made".

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
hazamc said:
During in the process of your file, if Visa Officer feels that he is satisfied from your relation then He can waive your interview but I think, they will not send you any special letter or information telling you that your interview has been waived. After this stage your application will be forwarded to the next department for further processing.
With Lots Of Douas and Best Wishes have a great day.
Thanks for the reply @hazamc. Did this actually happen on your file?

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
scylla said:
We didn't get an email or letter regarding the interview. We simply went from "in process" to "decision made".
Thanks for the reply @scylla. This is what I am trying to figure out, if most people have your experience as you noted above or if it is a step in the process that CIC actually documents back to the applicants.

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
First medical March 2011, REDO Medical July 30, 2012
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
our interview was waived and we didn't receive any notification either.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
CdnandTrini said:
Thanks for the reply @ scylla. This is what I am trying to figure out, if most people have your experience as you noted above or if it is a step in the process that CIC actually documents back to the applicants.
Didn't tell us. I think they don't tell people they have waived the interview because it would mean having to send out tens of thousands more of letters or emails. It's just more work on top of sending out tens of thousands of letters to people who are being interviewed.

We all know how CIC likes to do as little work as possible ;)

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
LeisaP said:
our interview was waived and we didn't receive any notification either.
Thanks for the reply @LeisaP. So far, in my informal survey of 3 responses :) it seems as though people are only notified if they have an interview, but not notified if the interview gets waived. Although I have read when folks order their CAIPS/GCMS notes this step is usually documented in their notes.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
canuck_in_uk said:
Didn't tell us. I think they don't tell people they have waived the interview because it would mean having to send out tens of thousands more of letters or emails. It's just more work on top of sending out tens of thousands of letters to people who are being interviewed.

We all know how CIC likes to do as little work as possible ;)
lol....@ canuck_in_uk - so true, this makes sense. I have looked at several of the spread sheets for forum members (mine is the Port of Spain Office) and have noticed there is often a column for the interview date and/or the words "interview waived". So it got me to wondering if both actions were active (i.e. interview request letters sent from CIC) or if one was a passive assumption - i.e. if you do not get notified of interview required, you can assume it was waived. Also on our spreadsheet it seems as though almost all 2012 applicants had their interviews waived. Just trying to see if there is a process/trend or not and it seems "not" :) Thanks for your reply.

silver1968

Mar 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
12-08-2012
Med's Request
re-med on 12-03-2013
Med's Done....
orig med on 03-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2013
LANDED..........
15-05-2013
I think a possible reason for no notice of interviews being waived is that they hold the right to call you in for an interview at any stage right up until the end if they feel something has changed in your file. This is what I have gotton from reading any comunication with CIC.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
silver1968 said:
I think a possible reason for no notice of interviews being waived is that they hold the right to call you in for an interview at any stage right up until the end if they feel something has changed in your file. This is what I have gotten from reading any comunication with CIC.
Hi @silver1968, this is true as well. I have read some of this from other forum members being called. Thanks for your reply.

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CdnandTrini said:
Hi @ silver1968, this is true as well. I have read some of this from other forum members being called. Thanks for your reply.
Cdnandtrini.

It is my pleasure to share my little knowledge about your hot topic. People always assume that when their files move from In Process to Decision Made with passport request or RPRF requested people automatically get a message of interview has been waived. During in Process there are a lot of things happening but at two levels: the first one is the viewing or i should call it pre-screening of the file by the first IO if he is done and satisfied with your application as a whole he will request your passport or medicals during In Process, then He will forward your file for a review by a supervisor who will make sure that nothing was left out or a decision that will be given should be conformed to the laws and procedures. When this second person will be done with the review of your file, if he does not see anything to correct what that the first officer did; he will therefore announce the verdict(DM) that your file meets all the precedures and requirements. Notice:I did not say that all the cases are the same way but I was trying to explain how people know their interviews were waived by their VOs. Hope it helps.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Eagle333 said:
Cdnandtrini.

It is my pleasure to share my little knowledge about your hot topic. People always assume that when their files move from In Process to Decision Made with passport request or RPRF requested people automatically get a message of interview has been waived. During in Process there are a lot of things happening but at two levels: the first one is the viewing or i should call it pre-screening of the file by the first IO if he/she is done and satisfied with your application as a whole he/she will request your passport or medicals during In Process, then he/she will forward your file for a review by a supervisor who will make sure that nothing was left out or a decision that will be given should be conformed to the laws and procedures. When this second person will be done with the review of your file, if he/she does not see anything to correct what that the first officer did; he/she will therefore announce the verdict(DM) that your file meets all the precedures and requirements. Notice:I did not say that all the cases are the same way but I was trying to explain how people know their interviews were waived by their VOs. Hope it helps.
Hello @Eagle333 and thank you for the reply. I did not know that 2 people worked on the file. Congratulations on your recent landing :), you seemed to have had your file processed very quickly at a VO with fairly long wait times. Welcome to Canada :D. Blessings.

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CdnandTrini said:
Hello @ Eagle333 and thank you for the reply. I did not know that 2 people worked on the file. Congratulations on your recent landing :), you seemed to have had your file processed very quickly at a VO with fairly long wait times. Welcome to Canada :D. Blessings.
Hi Trini,

Yes my file went so fast because we prepared it 5 months before we sent it. we did some reaserch about what they really want. Hopefully you will be done soon too. People were telling me that my file will take 29 months which was my VO timeline to process my applications but it turn out to be 7 months.