+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

If I work for 1 more year with my current employer Do I need to get a new LMO?

Marianella

Sep 17, 2011
Hi there,

I am working under Live-in Caregiver Program, my visa and WP are gonna expire soon, so my current employer wants I work 1 more year with them, but I am not sure If I need to get a new LMO to apply for a new Work Permit, or just I need the same LMO I got at the beginning?.

Thank you for your help. :)

plussy

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
NOC Code......
LIC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Marianella,

If you have been in Canada under the Live-in Caregiver Program for less than 4 years and you continue to work for the same employer, you do not need a new Labour Market Opinion when applying to extend your stay.

If you want to continue working for the same employer, you will need to get: A letter from the employer stating that you will continue to be employed on a full-time basis for an additional period of time; and a copy of a new, or extended, signed employment contract.

However, if you have been in Canada under the Live-in Caregiver Program for more than 4 years,you will need a new LMO to apply for a work permit, even if you are staying with the same employer.

Marianella

Sep 17, 2011
plussy said:
Hi Marianella,

If you have been in Canada under the Live-in Caregiver Program for less than 4 years and you continue to work for the same employer, you do not need a new Labour Market Opinion when applying to extend your stay.

If you want to continue working for the same employer, you will need to get: A letter from the employer stating that you will continue to be employed on a full-time basis for an additional period of time; and a copy of a new, or extended, signed employment contract.

However, if you have been in Canada under the Live-in Caregiver Program for more than 4 years,you will need a new LMO to apply for a work permit, even if you are staying with the same employer.
Hi Plussy.
I really apreciate your anwser I needed to know about that, now I know what I need to do.

Thank you again :D