+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

If I were to relocate while my application was in process....

FiguringItOut

Aug 6, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa-pilot/CHC-Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 3rd, 2012
AOR Received.
September 7th, 2012
Passport Req..
Inshallah sooner than anticipated
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah sooner than anticipated
Hey Folks....

Just a question for anyone who may have an answer. This long distance marriage thing is starting to get the best of both me and my husband. I was wondering if anyone has any idea about how our odds would change if I were to go and live with him in Pakistan until our application was completed. Does my living in Pakistan increase our wait time? The timeline is 26months(average)....I admire those who are managing....but we both are being little kids right now and this is not looking easy.....BUMPY as hell!

Sorry, it has been a few tough weeks.

tahsinmohammad

Sep 1, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Citizenship
FiguringItOut said:
Hey Folks....

Just a question for anyone who may have an answer. This long distance marriage thing is starting to get the best of both me and my husband. I was wondering if anyone has any idea about how our odds would change if I were to go and live with him in Pakistan until our application was completed. Does my living in Pakistan increase our wait time? The timeline is 26months(average)....I admire those who are managing....but we both are being little kids right now and this is not looking easy.....BUMPY as hell!

Sorry, it has been a few tough weeks.
If you are Canadian then you can live with him in Pak during the processing time.It wont increase or decrease your time frame if you are living or not living with him in Pakistan.It will be more or less than 26 month avg time...Looking at your time frame I suggest you to have patience as it takes time...

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
If you are a Canadian citizen, you can live with him in Pakistan while the application is being processed. If you are a PR yourself, then you have to stay in Canada during processing, though short stays abroad are OK.
If you go to live with him, the visa officer will then want proof that you plan to return to Canada when he gets his PR visa.
Actually living together does provide more proof that the relationship is genuine, so keep all proof of your visits or extended stays.