+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

If i were to fly to canada and claim asylum while my claim is being decided can i apply for express entry and get chosen if i have enough points?

Happycare

Sep 9, 2023
I am currently illegal in the us and i want to go to canada my country does not require a visa to go to canada and the border being shut down was only for land crossings i wanted to fly to canada and claim asylum their. i know asylum processing takes time and while i wait for my case to be decided i will be preparing my express entry profile by taking the Tec and Celpip and getting my eca's . Once i am done with that i should have enough points to qualify for an express entry invite with around 496 (assuming i get clb7 in french and get the bonus points) .

I want to know does my asylum claim make me ineligible to ajuste status? can i apply for express entry with an open asylum claim? If my asylum claim is denied will it make me inadmissible to canada for express entry and the pnp programs?

Tldr Want to know if i can apply for asylum and while i am waiting on the results can i submit my express entry profile

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am currently illegal in the us and i want to go to canada my country does not require a visa to go to canada and the border being shut down was only for land crossings i wanted to fly to canada and claim asylum their. i know asylum processing takes time and while i wait for my case to be decided i will be preparing my express entry profile by taking the Tec and Celpip and getting my eca's . Once i am done with that i should have enough points to qualify for an express entry invite with around 496 (assuming i get clb7 in french and get the bonus points) .

I want to know does my asylum claim make me ineligible to ajuste status? can i apply for express entry with an open asylum claim? If my asylum claim is denied will it make me inadmissible to canada for express entry and the pnp programs?

Tldr Want to know if i can apply for asylum and while i am waiting on the results can i submit my express entry profile
Already answered in your other thread. Not possible. You cannot qualify or apply for Express Entry from within Canada with either a pending or refused asylum claim.

Happycare

Sep 9, 2023
Sorry was not sure where this would be appropriate to post this . I noticed you said within ? I can apply from outside canada with a refused claim?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Sorry was not sure where this would be appropriate to post this . I noticed you said within ? I can apply from outside canada with a refused claim?
Yes, see my response to your other thread.