+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

If I had enough average balance, do I need gift deed for exceeding amount?

axlh17

Star Member
Mar 19, 2016
So my average balance in past 12 months exceeds the amount needed for immigration. But I had even more money transferred to me in past few months. So my current balance is much higher than average balance. Do I need to show gift deed document to explain the sudden increase in balance?

Srushti

Oct 25, 2016
Los Angeles, California
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
01-03-2017
Doc's Request.
31-03-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
01-08-2017
Average bank balance is what matters. You can have million $ above that. Doesn't matter

nerd

Jan 15, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
axlh17 said:
So my average balance in past 12 months exceeds the amount needed for immigration. But I had even more money transferred to me in past few months. So my current balance is much higher than average balance. Do I need to show gift deed document to explain the sudden increase in balance?
If you have a spike in the last 6 months then it is a good idea to explain that in a LOE attached along with the POF. That what I did.

Isha86

Oct 5, 2015
nerd said:
If you have a spike in the last 6 months then it is a good idea to explain that in a LOE attached along with the POF. That what I did.

[/quote Did you simply explained in Covering Letter or did you attached gift deeds ( notaries or stamp paper) somthing like that ? I have a big doubt on this point as I have recently taken money from from my parents, Regards, Isha]

nerd

Jan 15, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Isha86 said:
nerd said:

[/quote Did you simply explained in Covering Letter or did you attached gift deeds ( notaries or stamp paper) somthing like that ? I have a big doubt on this point as I have recently taken money from from my parents, Regards, Isha]
I wrote a one page LOE explaining each spike in my bank statement of last 6 months and attached proofs as well. In my case it was not a gift so I did not have to make a gift deed.
Ask yourselves: if you were reading someone else's application, then would the POF make sense to you?
If in doubt make the gift deed...