+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

if employement letter not available shall we mention the work experience

Samer El Jizi

Jul 12, 2010
I used to work as an Administration Manager for 1 year , but the company is closed now and can't get the employment letter .

is it needed to mention this work experience in the applications " Background / declaration IMM 5669 " & Economic Classes IMM 0008", bear in mind that my primary occupation applying under FSW is Marketing Manager .

Please advise.

CAnalyst

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Samer El Jizi said:
I used to work as an Administration Manager for 1 year , but the company is closed now and can't get the employment letter .

is it needed to mention this work experience in the applications " Background / declaration IMM 5669 " & Economic Classes IMM 0008", bear in mind that my primary occupation applying under FSW is Marketing Manager .

Please advise.
Yes you need to mention this work experience, however if you are unable to provide the work experience letter, you will not be awarded eligibility points for that occupation.

In any case, you cannot just leave the place blank, better to include a cover letter explaining the reason of non-provision of experience letter.

Samer El Jizi

Jul 12, 2010
Many thanks for the clarification .

However the administration Manager occupation is not considered as eligible NOC to get points and am applying under primary occupation Marketing Manager .

Just to recheck. Do I still need to mention this and get an employment letter.

CAnalyst

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Samer El Jizi said:
Many thanks for the clarification .

However the administration Manager occupation is not considered as eligible NOC to get points and am applying under primary occupation Marketing Manager .

Just to recheck. Do I still need to mention this and get an employment letter.
You need to have experience in one of the Eligible NOCs open for this year.

However, if you do not produce evidence of employment from any of the company you have worked in the past, you will not get employment points e.g. if your total experience is 10 years (8 years in one company with eligible NOC and 2 years in another with/or without eligible NOC) and if you do not produce evidence of employment for the second company, CIC will calculate points based on 8 years experience (not on the basis of 10 years experience).

Samer El Jizi

Jul 12, 2010
This means that if I got the employment letters for all positions rather if it is eligible or not ,will got points based on 10 yrs experience. Right?

CAnalyst

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Samer El Jizi said:
This means that if I got the employment letters for all positions rather if it is eligible or not ,will got points based on 10 yrs experience. Right?
To the best of my knowledge, Yes.