Med's Request
20-Sep-2017
Med's Done....
27-Sep-2017
LANDED..........
20-06-2018
Dear friends,

I need urgent expert advice please.
Me and my wife both are Canadian immigrants, landed Canada in June 2018 and currently are out of Canada due to my ongoing job and some other commitments, while my wife is now expecting baby by end June 2019. If she delivers baby out side Canada, what will be the shortest and accurate procedure to get visa of baby? or I need to come back in Canada for kid's delivery and go back?

Really, I will appreciate for earliest perfect reply, thanks in advance.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Others can comment as well as I am not an expert but to sponsor someone a PR needs to be residing in Canada. Obviously the best solution would to be to have the baby in Canada given it would become a citizen at birth but doing that probably means you will have to pay for the birth yourself assuming you may not be resident long enough between now end June 2019 to qualify for health care coverage.

Extracted from the sponsorship guide :

Who can become a sponsor
You can become a sponsor if you are:

• at least 18 years old
  • a Canadian citizen, a person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act or a permanent resident living in Canada:
    • If you are a Canadian citizen living outside Canada, you must show that you plan to live in Canada when your sponsored relative(s) become(s) a permanent resident.
    • You can’t sponsor someone if you are a permanent resident living outside Canada.
  • able to prove that you are not receiving social assistance for reasons other than a disability, and;
  • can provide for the basic needs of any person you are sponsoring (and in some limited situations, that you meet the low-income cut-off).

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Dear friends,

I need urgent expert advice please.
Me and my wife both are Canadian immigrants, landed Canada in June 2018 and currently are out of Canada due to my ongoing job and some other commitments, while my wife is now expecting baby by end June 2019. If she delivers baby out side Canada, what will be the shortest and accurate procedure to get visa of baby? or I need to come back in Canada for kid's delivery and go back?

Really, I will appreciate for earliest perfect reply, thanks in advance.
If you can afford the potentially astronomical cost of giving birth in Canada, you can do that.

If she gives birth outside Canada, you need to move back to Canada to sponsor the child. The sponsor needs to be living in Canada throughout the entire process.

You can try applying for a TRV for the child but many are refused. If refused, you could then try for a TRP but many are also refused. If the child is not approved for a TRV or TRP, you need to be prepared to be separated from your family for up to a year while the sponsorship app processes.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
And adding, if you elect to go the route of giving birth in Canada, do it sooner then later, if there is a issue with either your wife’s Dr or the airline on her flying back too Canada while in her late stage pregnancy

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There are residency requirements to receive healthcare so you would have to commit to live in Canada for at least 6 months it is dependent on the province. You could be asked to pay back any costs if you don't. Some provinces have wait periods before you have access to healthcare so that would also be added expense.

aazeb423

May 19, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2017
Nomination.....
20-Mar-2017
AOR Received.
10-July-2017
Med's Request
20-Sep-2017
Med's Done....
27-Sep-2017
LANDED..........
20-06-2018
If you can afford the potentially astronomical cost of giving birth in Canada, you can do that.

If she gives birth outside Canada, you need to move back to Canada to sponsor the child. The sponsor needs to be living in Canada throughout the entire process.

You can try applying for a TRV for the child but many are refused. If refused, you could then try for a TRP but many are also refused. If the child is not approved for a TRV or TRP, you need to be prepared to be separated from your family for up to a year while the sponsorship app processes.
Thanks