+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

If a COPR has the old passport number, is that a big issue?

fandv

Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
CPC-M: None. Singapore: 25 Apr 2013
File Transfer...
17 Apr 2013
Med's Request
2nd request: 5 Feb 2014
Med's Done....
1st: 12 Dec 2012. 2nd: 11 Feb 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14 Feb 2014 and also e-CAS changed to "In Process" on that day. Passport got to Singapore: 12 Mar '14
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on eCAS: 12 April 2014. Visa n COPR issued 8 April 2014, received 16 May 2014.
LANDED..........
20 May 2014. PR card arrived on 29 July 2014.
My wife's expecting to get her passport, visa, and COPR within the next few days. Before she sent her passport to the CIC, she got a new one as the old one was about to expire.

Considering that the CIC officers sometimes make errors (they're humans afterall), we're pretty concerned if they mistakenly put my wife's old passport number on the COPR (I know that it happened to some people). If that really happened, ideally it would be nice if we could just return my wife's erroneous COPR to the Singapore visa office, and notify them of the error, and request them to issue a brand new COPR with the new passport number on it.

But the Singapore visa office works reaaaalllllyyyyy slowly, and as summer's approaching, airfares to Canada are getting more and more expensive, and we really can't afford to face any extra delays.

So *IF* it turned out that my wife's COPR had the old passport number and *IF* she decided to use it, would it be fine if she just simply showed her old passport (which, thankfully, she keeps) to the immigration officer in Canada, upon her first landing?!

Koifish76

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2014 (ECAS)
Doc's Request.
IMM5540 29-04-2014, Intent to return 18-08-2014, PCC 26-08-2014
File Transfer...
Same day as SA. 15-07-2014
Med's Done....
Nov.4,2013
Passport Req..
9/24/2014(email)...same day IP
VISA ISSUED...
10/13/2014
LANDED..........
Oct.20, 2014!
fandv said:
My wife's expecting to get her passport, visa, and COPR within the next few days. Before she sent her passport to the CIC, she got a new one as the old one was about to expire.

Considering that the CIC officers sometimes make errors (they're humans afterall), we're pretty concerned if they mistakenly put my wife's old passport number on the COPR (I know that it happened to some people). If that really happened, ideally it would be nice if we could just return my wife's erroneous COPR to the Singapore visa office, and notify them of the error, and request them to issue a brand new COPR with the new passport number on it.

But the Singapore visa office works reaaaalllllyyyyy slowly, and as summer's approaching, airfares to Canada are getting more and more expensive, and we really can't afford to face any extra delays.

So *IF* it turned out that my wife's COPR had the old passport number and *IF* she decided to use it, would it be fine if she just simply showed her old passport (which, thankfully, she keeps) to the immigration officer in Canada, upon her first landing?!
So you guys just sent in the new passport with a new number? How would they issue COPR with a number thats not on the passport you submitted? Not sure I fully understand.

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
If your wife sent her new passport when she applied it will be fine. They are not going to issue a corp with an old passport .

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
fandv said:

So you are saying she sent her new passport for her visa counterfoil? If this is the case you are fine, they won't make a mistake.