+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS

networker

Mar 26, 2010
Hello to all buddies

This is Sheraz from Pakistan. I got admission in alberta university and my program of study is Master of Internetworking. Alberta university does not require me to go through IELTS as my undergraduate university is exempt from IELTS.
Now the question is that Is ielst is require by canadian embassy. i-e is it mandatory to send ielts score along with other documents. if yes how much band would be enough to be on safe side.

THnks

Big_Dreamer

Mar 24, 2010
networker said:
Hello to all buddies

This is Sheraz from Pakistan. I got admission in alberta university and my program of study is Master of Internetworking. Alberta university does not require me to go through IELTS as my undergraduate university is exempt from IELTS.
Now the question is that Is ielst is require by canadian embassy. i-e is it mandatory to send ielts score along with other documents. if yes how much band would be enough to be on safe side.

THnks
Hi Sheraz...

I was also thinking of getting myself admitted in that program but that`s expensive..ryt? plus there`s no scholarship..When have you got admission letter as I think their deadline is not over yet for application submission...how much time they took to announce the result...

As far as I know, IETLS is not mandatory but it does strong your language proficiency..ANy bandscore 6.5 or greater than that are considered to be good...

Wishing you all the best...

networker

Mar 26, 2010
Big_Dreamer said:
Hi Sheraz...

I was also thinking of getting myself admitted in that program but that`s expensive..ryt? plus there`s no scholarship..When have you got admission letter as I think their deadline is not over yet for application submission...how much time they took to announce the result...

As far as I know, IETLS is not mandatory but it does strong your language proficiency..ANy bandscore 6.5 or greater than that are considered to be good...

Wishing you all the best...

Hello Big
The last date for international student is 15 of april. i receive my acceptance letter 4 days ago. yes u r right MINT is expensive program but what to to :D. Did u pass ur GRE computer science. if Not then u r not able to apply. as alberta university require international student to go through GRE.

networker

Mar 26, 2010
Hello all

Could anyone plz tell me that should i attached 6. band ielts with my document to canadian embassy. as i m applying for study permit

hs202

Nov 21, 2009
It is not requirement of canadian visa authorities, it is just a supporting document.

I gave toefl not ielts. I am not sure if 6 is good or bad.
See what the general requirement is for ur program. If it is 5.5, then do submit it

networker

Mar 26, 2010
Hello H

my university does not require me to go through ielts or tofl. but i m worried about visa officer that he might refuse me due to my 6 band in ielts. is it so ?

hs202

Nov 21, 2009
I was also not required as I had a letter from my undergrad university stating that medium of instruction was in english.
But i had given it and scored toefl 107 (whereas 100 was required). So i submitted score
I have no idea what 6 means.
If the general requirement for other universities offering same course at same level is 6 then 6 is ok. Otherwise leave it and you may want to give toefl (that was easier but I have no idea about ielts strictness and stuff like that)

So leave it if university requirement is generally more than 6.
The best is to give it again (toefl I mean)

hopefuldxb

Jun 2, 2009
Hello All,

If you got admission from the University get something in writing from them that IELTS or any other English language proficiency test is not required.

It is not required as part of your application package to the embassy in Islamabad but they may just ask for it.

er.harshdeep

Jun 21, 2011
hii
i am also seeking admission for MINT program..
well i have done diploma in IT and Btech in IT too.. and i have also done my MCSE in 2007. As my all the study is in english, i am still going for IELTS test. But i have one query, do i also have to give GRE computer science? i suppose it is required for those who has not done Btech in IT/Computer/ECE.
Although i have sent this query to Univ. lets see what reply comes!

Habil

Feb 25, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Its not mandatory that you attach.But if you have and feel its worth it,give it a short.At that level the assumption is your language proficiency is good.

umairfarooqch

Feb 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
according to my info 6 is not a good score... it might b considered as a -ive point......

but if u have good marks in gre, and it was university's admission requirement as well... u have to attach it...and it would b enough....

and all the Masters prog in networking are expensive.... around 25K CAD

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
Those who apply for visa with GRE, get confirmed visa.

One of my friends friend was working in CHC 2 years back, i had a telephonic conversation with him a few days back. He said VO place the application on other side of the applicants having GRE saying application approved :)

umairfarooqch

Feb 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ Networker...

can u tell me exactly how much UoA charging for MINT...

I got admission in Ryerson... in MEng in Computer Networks.... they are charging... total 23,815 tuition + 684 some fund.
(CAD 2500 non refundable admission confirmation free, credited towards first semester fee....)

umairfarooqch

Feb 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
umairfarooqch said:
@ Networker...

can u tell me exactly how much UoA charging for MINT...

I got admission in Ryerson... in MEng in Computer Networks.... they are charging... total 23,815 tuition + 684 some fund.
(CAD 2500 non refundable admission confirmation free, credited towards first semester fee....)

@ Se7en
same question from u as well bro.. (as i have send dal uni admission docs to visa office as well)