+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS - Writing - For Band 7 or Above.

nthalork

Aug 23, 2019
There are some problems with the changing rooms in a sports center that you visit. Several complaints have been registered, but there is no success.
Write a letter to the sports manager.
· What the problem is
· How you feel about the problem
· What steps you want the manager to take

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing to express my sheer dissatisfaction with poor cleaning and upkeep of your health club’s changing rooms despite multiple complaints.

Many of the lockers in the room do not have a key; therefore, members have to leave their belonging unlocked risking their personal items. Moreover, a few times floor was very wet and slippery and, surprisingly, there was no signage, which is a very serious health and safely lapse.

Being a premium long-standing member of the sports centre, I am very emotionally attached to it. Therefore, I feel very utterly wretched, annoyed, and unhappy when I get to experience poor upkeep of the facilities.

I would suggest you train your housekeeping staff on both health and safety and hygiene else this may bring disrepute to the club in the society. Also, request you to arrange to fix the lockers in the changing area at the earliest.

Yours sincerely,

Naresh Kumar

Aug 28, 2019
Dear @H0peAndFa1th and @cansha

Can you please review this essay.

In many places, new homes are needed, but the only space available for building them is in the countryside. Some people believe it is more important to protect the countryside and not build new homes there.

What is your opinion about this?

The construction of new houses is unavoidable in many cities. However, due to the scarcity of space, the new buildings need to be built in the countryside. In my opinion, this rising trend can be detrimental both for the availability of natural resources as well as the survival of our next generation.

Firstly, there is a limit to how many natural resources are available at our disposal. As per a recent report by the World Environment Forum, there has been a 30% increase in deforestation in the last decade to accommodate the growing housing needs of the urban population. Because of this, the prices of natural resources like timber and rubber have gone up exponentially which has led people to consider other alternatives. What we need to understand is that if we continue at this pace, the availability of natural resources will further go down threatening our very existence.

Secondly, if we do not check deforestation now, the natural resources like air and water, which we are taking for granted, might not be available in ample for our progeny. If humankind starts occupying more jungles, it will result in an increase in pollution levels caused by industries, vehicles, and household waste. As the pollution levels go up, it will further provide impetus to global warming. It is noteworthy that the average temperatures have gone up by 2 degrees in the last decade. If this trend continues, our offspring are bound to deal with both scarcity and lower quality of natural resources like air and water.

To conclude, I believe that we need to immediately put checks on construction in the countryside for human accommodation as that is damaging our environment and can lead to existential threats for our future generations too.

aman_0009

Dec 9, 2017
Dear @H0peAndFa1th and @cansha

Can u please give your comments on this essay? Thanks in Advance.

The government's investment in arts, music and theatre is a waste of money. Governments should invest these funds in public services instead. To what extent do you agree with this statement ?

It is often argued that government should finance public services rather than wasting budget on art, music and theatre. However, my views are in strong contrast with the given statement. I elucidate my stand in subsequent paragraphs.

At the outset, most conspicuous reason which reinforce my perception is that arts, theatre and music help in the growth of economy in numerous ways. Since, people from different countries often travel to attend/ take part in theatre ,drama and music concerts. As a result, spending of those visitors add on to local economy. Further substantial viewpoint is these skills like art and music often create plethora of employment opportunities. Here, an empirical evidence reveals that music industry alone is contributing almost 25% to employment opportunities among youngsters. Hence, government cannot think of ignoring investments to music, art and theatre industry.

In addition to the aforementioned ideas, another worthwhile standpoint is that these skills help in upgrading the status of the nation. To be specific, a country who has more talented and unique citizens in terms of arts and theatre can be leader in that particular industry. Therefore, major chunk of government budget should be invested on it. Furthermore, music/art/theatre should be become a compulsory subject in every school. As per mentioned according to the survey done by prestigious media group, almost one third of the british students opted either in music or art as their career choice. Consequently, many of them became very successful in their field.

In conclusion, it is quite discernible from the above mentioned explanation that my inclination towards endorsing this matter is justified as this can only be possible if governing bodies keep supporting arts, music and theatre financially.[/QUOTE]

nthalork

Aug 23, 2019
Some people believe that the aim of university education is to help graduates get better jobs. Others believe there are much wider benefits of university education for both individual and society.
Discuss both views and give your opinion.

Although, it is sometimes believed that the purpose of higher education is to fetch degree holders a superior job or profession, others think that it has much broader benefits for the individual and society as a whole. This essay will firstly discuss the role of higher education in gaining employment and then explore other broader aspect of it.

It is often argued that aim of getting higher education is to make people job ready. Majority of employer these days prescribe minimum educational qualification for most of the job positions as these qualifications inculcate knowledge and skills to become job-ready. For example, In india one must have a business degree in order to apply for a bank clerk position because most business qualifications teach them fundamental banking and financial subjects otherwise employers may have to train their staff for months or even years to gain these skills.

On the contrary, there are those who believe that advantages of higher education are much broader than just getting a job. These people argue that universities are the heavens of research and development and has led to many phenomenal innovations and discoveries that benefited a large section of society. For instance, a scientist from Ohio Medical College has recently discovered the medicine for the treatment of deadly swine flu. This new patent has not only earned him instant fame and money by the way of licensing his patent to drug companies but this also helped save thousands of lives across the globe. I, also, agree with this notion that the role of higher education is much wider than just helping get employment.

To conclude, the university degree helps people get better employment opportunities, but the reason for their existence is much broader than this. They are the place for research and development for the larger benefit of humankind.

Last edited:

Tonyy

Sep 3, 2019
Due to the development and rapid expansion of supermarkets in some countries, many small, local business are unable to compete. Some people think that the closure of local business will bring about the death of local communities. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
It is argued by some that the closing of small scale businesses will cause the demise of local communities because of the rapid growth of supermarkets and the inability of small shops to compete. In my opinion, I agree that the termination of local shops will bring about an end to the local areas. Firstly, many local people cannot afford the prices of goods from these large stores. Secondly, most of these supermarkets are situated far away from rural areas.

A good reason why the closure of small scale businesses will bring an end to local communities is that many people cannot afford items from large storehouses. This is because of the increase in the prices of goods sold by some large store owners, who want to get back the money paid for rent in the form of high cost of items. Consequently, many people cannot buy some of the goods they need because of the increased cost of these items. For example, more than half of large retail outlets in Lagos State sell goods that are a bit more expensive than small shops in the community.

Another point to consider is that many supermarkets are situated far away from rural areas. In other words, many large stores are built in big cities, a long distance from the towns and villages. This means that people living in local areas cannot travel long distances to buy a small quantity of household goods. As a result, these people believe that the small shops can easily meet their needs, and so they decide to buy from small stores in the neighbourhood. For instance, more than half of people living in the suburbs of Ghana buy goods from the small markets around the area.

In conclusion, the closure of small businesses will signal the end of local communities because of the high cost of goods from such supermarkets and the far distances created by the building of such large shops. If local businesses are given the right resources to thrive, there will be no need to close such businesses.

Can someone help me with this essay. Thanks

eunisgreen

Jun 5, 2013
Can someone please review my essay and let me know what band this will likely get?

Some people believe that unpaid community service should be a compulsory part of high school programs (for example working for a charity, improving the neighbourhood or teaching sports to younger children).

To what extent do you agree or disagree?

It is believed by many that volunteering should be a mandatory component of secondary education. In my opinion, I strongly agree that this is crucial to the development of teenagers in terms of career outlook as well as finding a sense of purpose in life.

When teenagers engage in voluntary work, they gain valuable experience that are less available in the classroom. Working in the real world allow them the opportunity to learn about time management, as well as how to communicate with individuals of different age and professional level. When hiring young associates, employers often look for extra curricular activities in a resume to identify the experience and skills the candidate may possess. In other words, while most students have not done paid work previously, having an extended list of volunteering experience can help them immensely in their future career development.

Additionally, participating in unpaid work can help students find their life purposes. Volunteering gives our youth a sense of fulfillment because while they are not being paid for their labour, they feel that they are making a difference in the community. For instance, after volunteering at a local senior home, students often report that they feel a lot more confident for being able to make a difference in others' lives as a contributing member of society. At the same time, local communities can largely benefit from the assistance of youths as well as.

In conclusion, it is fundamental to include voluntary work as a part of students' academic curriculum as these experience can assist them in their professional growth in the future, as well, it allows them to find the meaning in life through making an impact on the world and lending a hand to those who are truly in need.

Last edited:

nthalork

Aug 23, 2019
Many people prefer to spend money and not save it. What are the reasons? Is this a positive or negative development?

A large number of people splurge the majority of their income rather than saving it. This trend is mainly because of extensive social security and insurance to cover future uncertainties and I consider this a positive development for the individual as well as society.

People have better social security measures and insurance plans to cover adverse eventualities. Earlier generation did not have measures to cover the future risks and thus saved more but now they don’t save as they have an insurance cover for the same. For example, earlier people used to save a large to meet any emergency medical needs but now a simple health insurance plan has eliminated the need for such provisioning. Thus, people can spend the majority of their earnings without worrying about future needs.

I believe that it is a positive development for oneself as well as the economy of a nation. More spending means more product and services are enjoyed by an individual to fulfill their needs and luxuries, the consumption of these products and services brings a sense of satisfaction and happiness to them. Moreover, more consumption of products and services creates demand for products and services. Eventually, this leads to more production and creation of jobs, which is good for the growth of an economy.

To conclude, people are spending an increasing amount of money rather than saving it as their future uncertainties are hedged by insurance policies and extensive social security system.

Sjunior01

Sep 5, 2019
Hello
I sat on IELTS on august 17 and get LRWS 5.5, 6.5 ,5.5 ,6.5. I wish to rebook the test in december .But the meantime I plan to attend a regular English courses. In general, how much time of schooling do a person need to get those score in IELTS ( LRWS 8,7,7,7). Do you think it is possible to get these high score after 3 months of preparation.

Not_Your_Donkey_Kong

Apr 19, 2019
Category........
FSW
Hello
I sat on IELTS on august 17 and get LRWS 5.5, 6.5 ,5.5 ,6.5. I wish to rebook the test in december .But the meantime I plan to attend a regular English courses. In general, how much time of schooling do a person need to get those score in IELTS ( LRWS 8,7,7,7). Do you think it is possible to get these high score after 3 months of preparation.
Since your scores were on a lower end, 3 months is the minimum I 'd recommend. Join a foundation course. Work on your grammar and clear your basics first. Good luck!

Aruntocanada

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
NOC Code......
I have one query:

Please see below essay types and help your views:

1) Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages ?
2) Discuss advantages and disadvantages?

So when they say plural (advantages not advantage), are we suppose to put more than one advantage/disadvantage to achieve task response efficiently.

Please share your views on this and help me as I am kind of confused on this.

Not_Your_Donkey_Kong

Apr 19, 2019
Category........
FSW
I have one query:

Please see below essay types and help your views:

1) Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages ?
2) Discuss advantages and disadvantages?

So when they say plural (advantages not advantage), are we suppose to put more than one advantage/disadvantage to achieve task response efficiently.

Please share your views on this and help me as I am kind of confused on this.
Recommended that you include at least two advantages and two disadvantages. And no, advantages don't outweigh the disadvantages, though it also depends upon the topic. Some topics are so that the disadvantages are more obvious and thus you have to put more emphasis on them.

Reactions: Aruntocanada

Aruntocanada

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
NOC Code......
Recommended that you include at least two advantages and two disadvantages. And no, advantages don't outweigh the disadvantages, though it also depends upon the topic. Some topics are so that the disadvantages are more obvious and thus you have to put more emphasis on them.
Thanks a lot for your response!

Sjunior01

Sep 5, 2019
Since your scores were on a lower end, 3 months is the minimum I 'd recommend. Join a foundation course. Work on your grammar and clear your basics first. Good luck!
Thank you for your answer, but I wonder if it is common for people to go from 5.5 to 7 in writing. I just see so many people struggle in Writing despite english is their official language.

Last edited: