+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS - Writing - For Band 7 or Above.

H0peAndFa1th

Jun 19, 2017
Nowadays, Communication is less between family members. Do you agree or disagree? To what extent?

Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

Write at least 250 words.

With the advent of state-of-the-art technology, the methods and patterns, of communication have significantly changed as compared to the past. While, some scholars argue that in the present era, the interaction between the family members is lacking. I advocate saying (not needed) that there is more communication in families nowadays as compared to the past. In this essay, I will delineate my viewpoints to support this thought.
good

Firstly, the significant growth in the mobile phones industry allows family members to communicate regularly. This is largely because most of the family members are carrying high-end phones and they communicated with each other through the network and mobile communication. For instance, a media and society research project in Australia showed that regardless of income, education, and location, families use media and communication such as the internet, email, chat room, video sharing, and mobile phones to connect with each other.As a result,bonding between loved ones in increasing significantly. Therefore, if communication technology continuous gaining in popularity, there would be more positive implications.
good

Secondly, the creation of worldwide internet communication allows families to get in touch easily even though they may be in different countries. This is due to the speed at which we can communicate with each other today. For instance, the Skype company has published statistics showing that seventy percent of people use Skype to contact family overseas. Therefore, in today's world, we are more connected with our family, despite the distance.
same is BP1, repeat

In conclusion, the advancement in mobile technology and internet communication have revolutionized the way we stay in touch with our families. It is predicted that we will continue to converse with family members in a plethora of new ways in the future, I believe this will bring us more close to our family members.

@cansha,@H0peAndFa1th please review

everything is good, just second paragraph is bad, it melted your TASK ACHIEVEMENT

only because of that, unfortunately, it is 6.5, otherwise, it quality on others aspect is 7, correct BP2, it will be 7,easily.

FIND the "THE LIST" in this thread, read all reviews. then write something.

mani1985

Apr 6, 2019
good

good

same is BP1, repeat

everything is good, just second paragraph is bad, it melted your TASK ACHIEVEMENT

only because of that, unfortunately, it is 6.5, otherwise, it quality on others aspect is 7, correct BP2, it will be 7,easily.

FIND the "THE LIST" in this thread, read all reviews. then write something.
Thanks

winterisnotcoming

Star Member
Mar 30, 2019
Please evaluate the essay and provide band score.

Q. Some people believe that animals should not be exploited by humans as they have same rights as humans while other believe that humans should employ the animals to satisfy their various needs. To what extent, do you agree or disagee?

While, it is believed by some people that animal exploitation is unacceptable because they share same rights, others argue that there is no harm in employing them for human satisfaction. In my opinion, i consider that utilization of the animals to satisfy human needs is completely acceptable.

A good reason why it is agreed to utilise the animals for humans is that a better and healthy lifestyle can be given to the animals. In other words, some of them are being used as pets and the family members take the responsibility by providing them shelter,healthy food and timely medical treatment. Dogs and cats are considered to be the most loving and trustworthy pets.

Another reason to favour the fact that the animal exploitation is favourable for mankind is because they have become a source of income for a wide range of population, particularly, for the people below poverty line. Their rudementary obligations are entirely dependant on the animals. To illustrate, some persons earn their family income by selling the milk they generate from utilising cows and buffaloes.

Finally, by exploiting the animals, many food items and medical treatments are introduced which are providing extreme support to the society since chicken, beef and sea food are treated as healthy meals. The homeopathic and ayurvedic medicines, which are made with animal exploitation, also have the paramount role in the medical sector.

In conclusion, exploiting the animals is essential as numerous benefits are associated with it which certainly provide a great support to society as a whole.
I would love to evaluate your essay, but not this one due to all the fallacies you included as points. You have totally disregarded the moral perspective. Slavery, sexism and racism were also considered essential and beneficial by many countries, but that doesn't mean they are morally the right thing to do. There are plenty of plant based healthy food available for both poor and rich, and also for economic opportunities (Eg: Eat/Sell the agriculture produce rather than feeding it to the animals). So, there is no need to continue the animal exploitation. Animals don't need to have the same rights as humans, but they need to be given moral consideration so as to not endure the torture just for us to satisfy human fallacies.
I hope you write a better essay that gets you 7+. Wish you the best.

Aruntocanada

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
NOC Code......
Hi all member,

I was reading through the Mkar* cue card and realized that few essays had tweaked the prompt itself which I think is inappropriate. Moreover, they have also stated the illogical reasoning the essay which we must not follow at all if we go by "Band Descriptor".

Please pay attention on first highlighted area where they tweaked the prompt by saying that "not all MBBS earn that high salary" which is as opposed to prompt that reads " some professional such as doctor etc earn higher than ordinary worker". >>> let me know if tweaking the prompt is fine.

Second highlighted they mentioned that due to the fact that these "professional usually spent enough money to earn by loans or something those degrees and specialization which is justified to earn handsome salary". I disagree with this as all who spent huge amount of money only will get high paying jobs and skill, knowledge and impact of the job has no importance then. > Please share your views if we can go illogical which presenting an idea.

I may be wrong but asking as others viewpoint will surely help all of us.

https://ibb.co/YTyxTbr

Thanks in advance for cansha and hope for having a look into this.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi all member,

I was reading through the Mkar* cue card and realized that few essays had tweaked the prompt itself which I think is inappropriate. Moreover, they have also stated the illogical reasoning the essay which we must not follow at all if we go by "Band Descriptor".

Please pay attention on first highlighted area where they tweaked the prompt by saying that "not all MBBS earn that high salary" which is as opposed to prompt that reads " some professional such as doctor etc earn higher than ordinary worker". >>> let me know if tweaking the prompt is fine.

Second highlighted they mentioned that due to the fact that these "professional usually spent enough money to earn by loans or something those degrees and specialization which is justified to earn handsome salary". I disagree with this as all who spent huge amount of money only will get high paying jobs and skill, knowledge and impact of the job has no importance then. > Please share your views if we can go illogical which presenting an idea.

I already wrote a post on how I feel on logical / illogical arguments. You can scroll up. It should be in last 1-2 pages.

Reactions: Aruntocanada

akh136

Star Member
Apr 18, 2019
Hello guys,

Please spare few minutes and review my essay. Thanks in advance :)

It is inevitable that as technology advances, traditional cultures will be lost. It seems that we cannot have these two things together.

To what extent do you agree or disagree?

It has always been a point of debate whether technological advancement and cultural heritage can coexist or not. In my opinion it is impossible to lose traditional cultures and technology can, in fact, be used to preserve them.

Technology and culture have always existed side by side. Technology has given us newer and faster ways to travel and communicate. This has, in turn, made it easier to popularise certain traditions. New-age modes of information sharing allow one part of the world to know about the culture of other parts. This leads to creation of pockets where these traditions are preserved forever. For instance, the cultural sport of bull-fighting in Spain has become immortal as people around the globe know about it and want to see it live. This would not have been possible without technical progress in space of communication.

New techniques also allow us to store a lot of data which can be easily accessed by a large amount of population. Therefore, study of ancient cultures has never been easier. World wide web is one such tool which allows storage of unlimited information. This information is then used by students and teachers around the globe. Consequently, any person interested in any past tradition or culture can take up its study without any hurdle. New York University, for example, offers 115 online and offline courses on various ancient cultures. This is solely because of the richness of technology and storage.

In conclusion, it can be said that advancement allows us to have newer ways to communicate and store facts about our heritage and culture.

H0peAndFa1th

Jun 19, 2017
Hi all member,

makkar is designed to get 6 bands, strictly for students.

bullshit, simple.

Kriff

Apr 21, 2019
Please guys. Kindly help me review. Thank you.

In many countries, people are moving away from rural areas and towards urban areas.

Why do you think that is?
What problems can this cause?

Cutting across the globe, migration of people to urban areas from rural areas has been of high occurrence. This essay will discuss the "Why" behind the movement of people and the looming side effects it can have on urban areas.

There are various reasons why an individual will want to leave a rural area for urban area. Certainly, an average human being wants to live a fulfilled life. Apparently, the presence of good opportunities in urban areas cannot be undermined. For example, London, a city in the United Kingdom (UK) accommodates the largest percentage of individuals in comparison with other places in the UK. This can be directly linked to the availability of top paying jobs, surplus social event centres, good road networks amongst many others.

Subsequently, there are downsides in the urban areas due to rural area habitats migration. For example, large population, high living cost, environmental degradation and many more. Using Lagos, a city in the south west region of Nigeria as a basis. It houses over 10 Million people and the large population has caused a major damage to the environment of the city. There are lots of houses and each unit has a generator as a result of the epileptic power supply currently happening in the city. The release of CO2 from the exhaust pipe of the generators forms a layer covering the atmosphere which leads to reduction of natural fresh air. This has sprogged up the increase in heat in the city and has lead to death of many kids.

To conclude, it is a known fact that a rural area gave birth to an urban area. Therefore, all rural areas should be developed with the provision of basic amenities which will give hope of a better life to the people living in those locations. By doing this, countries will witness a decline in the rate of migration between those two areas

Last edited:
Reactions: Relocatingsoon

rahulmp369

May 14, 2019
I got my test result, and I'm very much disappointed with it.
L-8, R-6.5, W-5.5, S-6.5 and overall - 6.5

This was the second time I took the IELTS test, and my earlier score was
L-7, R-6, W-5.5, S-7, overall-6.5

I'm so broken now, I don't know what should I do. I really don't know where I am going wrong in writing. I don't want to take the test for the 3rd time. Please help with, is there any alternative? I really can't make through it. Please help.
Same situation

Aruntocanada

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
NOC Code......
Tried following what I have learnt so far with my own writing style and yes carried tips and structure recommended by Liz

People now have the freedom to work and live anywhere in the world due to the development of communication technology and transportation.
Do the advantages of this development outweigh the disadvantages?

Nowadays, due to the improvised communication system and travel medium, people has actually gained liberty to work and stay any preferred location around the planet. I believe that this development has far more benefits than drawbacks.

Despite of minimal drawback below, there are crucial upsides of this development as people can connect with others for numerous reasons with ease or can even travel in very less time to meet them, if needed. This means, advance mode of communication, Linkedin, for example, can let people connect with their potential employers in order to find work anywhere. Furthermore, people can utilize other tools, like, Facebook and Whatsapp, to establish communication with their friends and family if they stay on the long-distance. Similarly, technology has made it plausibly quick for anyone to travel over thousands of miles in few hours with the help of air travel. For example, my brother who work in Sweden often visits us every after few month by only traveling for 10 on the plane.(This Example is optional)

Admittedly, there are some downsides of this advancement involved air pollution and harmful radiation. This means, since we are relying heavily on air planes which emits harmful gases into the our environment. However, its can be controlled with better and less pollutant airplanes. Moreover, usage of smart devices may cause serious health issues, if used in excess, as they releases harmful radiation.

To conclude, improved technological system let people connect with anyone around the world for varied purposes and even can pay a visit when needed however, this has certain controllable drawbacks.

Cansha and hope and anyone- please share if this can get 7 --PLSSSSSS

H0peAndFa1th

Jun 19, 2017
Tried following what I have learnt so far with my own writing style and yes carried tips and structure recommended by Liz
good

People now have the freedom to work and live anywhere in the world due to the development of communication technology and transportation.
Do the advantages of this development outweigh the disadvantages?

Nowadays, due to the improvised communication system and travel medium, people has actually gained liberty to work and stay any preferred location around the planet. I believe that this development has far more benefits than drawbacks.
good

Despite of minimal drawback below, [ you will amazed to hear that, drawback below, does not make any sense in english, it is not english at all, correct is, despite of following drawback, ]

there are crucial upsides [sounds odd] of this development as people can connect with others for numerous reasons with ease or can even travel in very less time to meet them [them whom ??], if needed. This means, advance mode of communication, Linkedin, for example, can let people connect with their potential employers in order to find work anywhere. Furthermore, people can utilize other tools, like, Facebook and Whatsapp, to establish communication with their friends and family if they stay on the long-distance. Similarly, technology has made it plausibly quick [sounds odd] for anyone to travel over thousands of miles in few hours with the help of air travel. For example, my brother who work in Sweden often visits us every after few month by only traveling for 10 on the plane.(This Example is optional)
messed up TA, you don't know what topic requires you to write.
poor everything.

let me tell you, how to write a para, I call it 1234

1-statement
2-reason
3-example
4-conclusion, complete the para, close it, draw some conclusion,

for this,
1-statement
Undoubtedly, with contemporary technologies, it is possible to work from remote locations through high speed internet and network connectivity.

2-reason
Some modern work requires one to work on computers, and this provides the flexibility to work from home or anywhere in the world for that matter.

3-example
For instance, technology companies such as Google and Microsoft, provide their workforce with an opportunity to choose some of their workdays as work-from-home days.

4-conclusion
This indicates the physical presence of an employee is not required, which enables them to save commute hours, and allow them to spend the same time with their family and friends, which ensure better mental health, enlightened sense of purpose and increase in productivity.

note: my TA in this example is also bullshit, but it might work.

115 words, you need to write, around 80 to 100 words in a Body paragraph.

now tell me , how hard it is ???

make the second para about, transportation. you need 7 bands right ? or 100 bands ??

you need 8 or 9 bands in TA,
break the para into 4 sentence,
this is the last time i am telling you this.

break and write 4 lines, separately .
don't write them in one go, it mess up everything.
break them,
break them,
break them
only in exam, join them.

Admittedly, there are some downsides of this advancement involved air pollution and harmful radiation. This means, since we are relying heavily on air planes which emits harmful gases into the our environment. However, its can be controlled with better and less pollutant airplanes. Moreover, usage of smart devices may cause serious health issues, if used in excess, as they releases harmful radiation.
bullshit, TA, what are you talking about ??

failed to see the topic.

To conclude, improved technological system let people connect with anyone around the world for varied purposes and even can pay a visit when needed however, this has certain controllable drawbacks.

Cansha and hope and anyone- please share if this can get 7 --PLSSSSSS
this is 6 bands, forget about 7, yea sure, they will throw 6.5, because they know, it is useless in general exam.