+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS - Writing - For Band 7 or Above.

H0peAndFa1th

Jun 19, 2017
Hi @H0peAndFa1th based on the inputs from IELTS LIZ and other sources, which suggests that the WT2 is worth twice of WT1, I have prepared this calculator, have a look at this, according to the calculator geting 6 in WT1 and 7 in WT2 wont fetch you a 7 but 6.5. Your inputs please.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pGE-cu-JHTdx-DWaoyC-oQxNFA2lIQkU
Let's not focus on math, Essay is important, write letter without errors complete the TA, you will get 7 bands

AB17

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
Hardly anyone is going to give the student 8 for Task 1. I wouldn't get too enthusiastic about this idea.
I agree on that, but if you are not happy with the prompt of task 2 on the D day and somehow can manage to write a 6 worthy essay in task 2. Put emphasis on writing a kickass Task 1.
Who knows this formula works.

Ielts is a gamble anyways.

marosa

Oct 9, 2018
Armenia
NOC Code......
I agree on that, but if you are not happy with the prompt of task 2 on the D day and somehow can manage to write a 6 worthy essay in task 2. Put emphasis on writing a kickass Task 1.
Who knows this formula works.

Ielts is a gamble anyways.
I assume, to get a 7 for T1 you need to write it the way you'd write the T2. Meaning that it has to be extensive, well structured, include both simple and complex sentences, high level vocabulary, almost no grammar errors, fully developed ideas, all questions to be addressed and so on. And this would take around 40 mins, and 20 mins is not enough for 6.5 level T2 essay. Or not for me at least.

Of course, it's everyone's personal choice how to write the test, I would simply advise to be really sure before trying that approach.

I know no one who would've succeeded with this approach. I also tried something similar in one of the exams, still got 6.5, even after revaluation.

mani1985

Apr 6, 2019
Please evaluate my essay

Use of cars in cities is increasing due to which use of bicycles is decreased.

What are the reasons for decrease in use of bicycles.

What are the measures that can be used to encourage people to use bicycles more?

It has been a while since the eco-friendly transportation bicycle was first introduced and its popularity seems like has decreased in many countries. The following essay will discuss the problems people are facing which don’t allow them to use bicycles, including their safety concern and time consumption. This essay will also discuss the solutions of these problems including making a proper cycling tracks which ensures safety and increasing the price of fuel.

In many countries’ cars are preferred mode of transport as compared to bicycles. Firstly, because some people believe that commuting through the car is much safer and convenient than bicycles. In other words, rush on the roads and bad air quality due to pollution which make bicycle travel difficult as they must share the road with car commuters and motorcyclists which may lead to any misshapen while travelling. To illustrate, it is revealed from one of the surveys in New York Times that 70% of road accidents occur with bicycle riders as compared to people who are travelling through other safest mode of travel. Moreover, riding through bicycle consumes lot of time as compared to other fastest modes of commutation which otherwise can be utilized in other productive activities in this competitive era. Hence, considering their own safety, time and health hazard people prefer to ride through cars instead of bicycles.

There are several things that governments could do to persuade people to ride cycles. One of the solutions is by providing separate cycling lane for cyclists. By having a lot of bicycle lanes in the area, it is hoped that it will encourage the residents to ride bikes for their daily commuting. Another solution could be encouraging and informing people by making awareness campaigns about the health and environment benefits of using bicycle could be a great step to motivate more people to use it daily. Lastly, Restriction on car ownership and increasing the price of fuel would encourage many to use cycle instead of driving cars.

To recapitulate, Although riding bicycle on busy roads and in this harsh environment is hard nut to crack but by proper awareness and ensuring individuals safety by implementing separate lanes for walkers and bicycle riders will motivate its citizens to use bicycles and this would guarantee a green environment and a healthy nation

AB17

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
Please evaluate my essay

What are the measures that can be used to encourage people to use bicycles more?

It has been a while since the eco-friendly transportation bicycle was first introduced and its popularity seems like has decreased in many countries.

It has been a while since bicycles were first introduced as an eco-friendly transportation mode, however its popularity has decreased in many countries. (Don't agree but editing your point)

The following essay will discuss the problems people are facing which don’t allow them to use bicycles, including their safety concern and time consumption. Also,this essay will also discuss the solutions of these problems including making a proper cycling tracks which will ensure safety and increasing the price of fuel. ~ if you are mentioning it in intro also mention HOW? Don't just leave it there. increasing the price of fuel which will make fueled vehicles expensive and make it more viable to own a non-fuel bicycle.

In many countries’ cars are preferred mode of transport as compared to bicycles. Firstly, it is because some people believe that commuting through the car is much safer and convenient than bicycles. In other words, rush on the roads and bad air quality due to pollution which make bicycle travel difficult as they must share the road with car commuters and motorcyclists which may lead to any misshapen while travelling. (hard time reading this sentence) To illustrate, it is revealed from one of the surveys in New York Times that 70% of road accidents occur with bicycle riders as compared to people who are travelling through other safest(not needed) mode(s) of travel. Moreover, riding through bicycle consumes lot of time as compared to other(1) fastest modes of commutation which otherwise(2) can be utilized in other(3) productive activities in this competitive era.(improvement needed) Hence, considering their own safety, time and health hazard (,) people prefer to ride through cars instead of bicycles.

I actually googled "Health Hazard People" to check if its true.

There are several things that government(s) could do to persuade(use encourage) people to ride bicycles. One of the solutions is by providing separate cycling lane for cyclists. By having a lot of bicycle lanes(how many lanes) in the area( i get what you meant to say but it worded wrongly), it is hoped that it will encourage the residents to ride bikes for their daily commuting. Another solution could be encouraging and informing people by making awareness campaigns about the health and environment benefits of using bicycle could be a great step to motivate more people to use it daily.(punctuation are missing) Lastly, Restriction(why capital) on car ownership and increasing the price of fuel would encourage many to use cycle instead of driving cars.

To recapitulate, Although (why capital) riding bicycle on busy roads and in this harsh environment is hard nut(informal) to crack but by proper awareness and ensuring individuals safety by implementing separate lanes for walkers and bicycle riders will motivate its citizens to use bicycles and this would guarantee a green environment and a healthy nation

Nice attempt, mani1985.

Good vocabulary and reasoning is on point. You have made few mistakes which if are forgivable, then definitely its a Band 7 answer.

My only grudge is with opening statement and little bit with conclusion.

Common issue throughout essay is that you go Extraa(new-gen word these days, for going overboard) Like ... eco-friendly transportation bicycle.

Last edited:

shivank1000

May 12, 2019
Please evaluate the essay and provide band score.

Q. Some people believe that animals should not be exploited by humans as they have same rights as humans while other believe that humans should employ the animals to satisfy their various needs. To what extent, do you agree or disagee?

While, it is believed by some people that animal exploitation is unacceptable because they share same rights, others argue that there is no harm in employing them for human satisfaction. In my opinion, i consider that utilization of the animals to satisfy human needs is completely acceptable.

A good reason why it is agreed to utilise the animals for humans is that a better and healthy lifestyle can be given to the animals. In other words, some of them are being used as pets and the family members take the responsibility by providing them shelter,healthy food and timely medical treatment. Dogs and cats are considered to be the most loving and trustworthy pets.

Another reason to favour the fact that the animal exploitation is favourable for mankind is because they have become a source of income for a wide range of population, particularly, for the people below poverty line. Their rudementary obligations are entirely dependant on the animals. To illustrate, some persons earn their family income by selling the milk they generate from utilising cows and buffaloes.

Finally, by exploiting the animals, many food items and medical treatments are introduced which are providing extreme support to the society since chicken, beef and sea food are treated as healthy meals. The homeopathic and ayurvedic medicines, which are made with animal exploitation, also have the paramount role in the medical sector.

In conclusion, exploiting the animals is essential as numerous benefits are associated with it which certainly provide a great support to society as a whole.

mani1985

Apr 6, 2019
Nice attempt, mani1985.

Good vocabulary and reasoning is on point. You have made few mistakes which if are forgivable, then definitely its a Band 7 answer.

My only grudge is with opening statement and little bit with conclusion.

Common issue throughout essay is that you go Extraa(new-gen word these days, for going overboard) Like ... eco-friendly transportation bicycle.
I had given IELTS but always stuck at 6.5 .whats the reason behind that score and what more I can do to make it 7

AB17

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
I had given IELTS but always stuck at 6.5 .whats the reason behind that score and what more I can do to make it 7
Cant comment on IELTS score, but from where i see it try to make (very) less mistakes. To make your sentences long you lose focus and in that meaning is lost.

Aruntocanada

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
NOC Code......
I doubt if it can fetch 7, 6.5 is sure. but still well written, has no errors

good

missed example,

lacks in providing the "reason", more emphasis on, consequence of the "reason"
prompt already told the consequence, now they are asking you to tell them reasons for the consequences

let me break it for you

Some students work while studying.
results in
lacking time for education
constantly feeling under pressure

all that is already known

Tell Us why is above happening / What do you think are the causes of this?

your answer
earn their living by doing job
because
world has become competitive place to survive.

it is not sufficient

say:
inflation,
education has become expensive
parents can't support higher fees
student take loans
they try to cut costs
they do jobs, to make ends meet
even employer prefer freshers to have some kind of work experience, gives them edge

thus, they feel under pressure

It is called, fully developed idea, 100% task achievement, stand for band 9 in TA

understanding question leads to better, Task achievement, thus better bands.

misusing and forcing the "however"
don't do it.

sorry, not 7

Thanks for detailed review and sharing your correct way of handling them.

I am paying close attention to all checked essay on this thread and getting closer as to how to handle task response appropriately. Thanks again and will be posting essay or letter, once I am done with the learning and become confident.

I am feeling pity that I have been making same error again and again even after getting solid guidance from you all folk...:( but glad for some appreciation which is my fuel to keep going!

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Please evaluate my essay

Welcome to the thread! This essay has many common errors which have been discussed on the thread many times. If you want to make the most of it I would advise to read some past reviews on this thread. If possible start reading from page 1. If not that at least start reading last 30/40 pages.

It has been a while since the eco-friendly transportation bicycle was first introduced and its popularity seems like has decreased in many countries.
Really bad paraphrasing.

The following essay will discuss the problems people are facing which don’t allow them to use bicycles, including their safety concern and time consumption. This essay will also discuss the solutions of these problems including making a proper cycling tracks which ensures safety and increasing the price of fuel.
Do not use "this essay ..." if possible.

In many countries’ Why there is an apostrophe here?
cars are preferred mode of transport as compared to bicycles. Firstly, because some people believe that commuting through the car is much safer and convenient than bicycles.

In other words, Do not use this point 2.2 https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ielts-writing-for-band-7-or-above.540392/page-90#post-7568485
rush on the roads and bad air quality due to pollution which make bicycle travel difficult as they must share the road with car commuters and motorcyclists which may lead to any misshapen while travelling. To illustrate, it is revealed from one of the surveys in New York Times that 70% of road accidents occur with bicycle riders as compared to people who are travelling through other safest mode of travel. Bad grammar. Other safer

Moreover, riding through bicycle consumes lot of time as compared to other fastest modes Same grammar mistake again
of commutation which otherwise can be utilized in other productive activities in this competitive era. Hence, considering their own safety, time and health hazard people prefer to ride through cars instead of bicycles.

There are several things that governments could do to persuade people to ride cycles. One of the solutions is by providing separate cycling lane for cyclists. By having a lot of bicycle lanes in the area, it is hoped that it will encourage the residents to ride bikes for their daily commuting. Hoped by whom?
Another solution could be encouraging and informing people by making awareness campaigns about the health and environment benefits of using bicycle could be a great step to motivate more people to use it daily. Lastly, Restriction Why is R capital here? on car ownership and increasing the price of fuel would encourage many to use cycle instead of driving cars.

Ideas are good but the presentation is haphazard. It would be better to organize them better.

To recapitulate, Although (again why is A capital) riding bicycle on busy roads and in this harsh environment is hard nut to crack but by proper awareness and ensuring individuals safety by implementing separate lanes for walkers and bicycle riders will motivate its citizens to use bicycles and this would guarantee a green environment and a healthy nation

Okay the positives ... The ideas are actually good in the essay. More or less on task response. I would still say task response could be better but that is more to do with the development and presentation of the ideas than the ideas / argument itself.

The negatives ... There is a clear sign that you are doing a direct translation of other language in to English and sometimes those sentences are not the best way of communicating in English. There are avoidable grammar mistakes which can cost a lot on actual test. And finally, you need to develop your ideas and present them in a better way.

Now the question is how to do so? First, please read more ... here on this forum or other websites in general and get an idea of what a good essay looks like on IELTS. Spend a lot of time reading past reviews on this forum and try to avoid common mistakes.

Final verdict on this essay ... this would get a 6.5 at the most. Honest truth is to get a 7 on IELTS in first go (without reval) you probably need to write a 7.5 band essay.

All the best!

SyedaBukhari

Apr 28, 2019
Kindly Evaluate this essay.

Essay Topic:
Some people believe that residents are responsible for keeping the streets clean and tidy while some say that it is the responsibility of the government. Discuss both views and give your opinion.

Maintaining hygienic environment in living and working place is necessary for healthy life style. Some people contend that residents should be accountable for keeping their area clean while others believe that it is responsibility of the state. I, however strongly believe that both citizens and government should do their part in keeping the neighbourhood clean.

One of the main reason of why residents should be responsible for cleaning is because they are the immediate effectors of the unhealthy and filthy environment. If they are unable to keep their surrounding clean, they would be affected at first place. For instance, if the epidemic of dengue outbreaks from hideous garbage, they are the one who would be affected first. Furthermore, it is easy for a resident to clean the street outside the home while mopping his house.

On the flip side, some people believe that it is responsibility of the government to clean the streets. They argue that people pay taxes and they expect some leverages from the government in return. It should hire more and more staff for this purpose. Additionally, elected union members should also be accountable for cleaning the area as this is their primary duty.

All things considered, while keeping in mind the famous saying “Cleanliness is Godliness” I firmly believe that inhabitants should be responsible for keeping the area and environment tidy because they are the one who are affected by the unhealthy environment the most. Nevertheless government should also take measures to keep the city clean.

mani1985

Apr 6, 2019
Nowadays, Communication is less between family members. Do you agree or disagree? To what extent?

Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

Write at least 250 words.

With the advent of state-of-the-art technology, the methods and patterns, of communication have significantly changed as compared to the past. While, some scholars argue that in the present era, the interaction between the family members is lacking. I advocate saying that there is more communication in families nowadays as compared to the past. In this essay, I will delineate my viewpoints to support this thought.

Firstly, the significant growth in the mobile phones industry allows family members to communicate regularly. This is largely because most of the family members are carrying high-end phones and they communicated with each other through the network and mobile communication. For instance, a media and society research project in Australia showed that regardless of income, education, and location, families use media and communication such as the internet, email, chat room, video sharing, and mobile phones to connect with each other.As a result,bonding between loved ones in increasing significantly. Therefore, if communication technology continuous gaining in popularity, there would be more positive implications.

Secondly, the creation of worldwide internet communication allows families to get in touch easily even though they may be in different countries. This is due to the speed at which we can communicate with each other today. For instance, the Skype company has published statistics showing that seventy percent of people use Skype to contact family overseas. Therefore, in today's world, we are more connected with our family, despite the distance.

In conclusion, the advancement in mobile technology and internet communication have revolutionized the way we stay in touch with our families. It is predicted that we will continue to converse with family members in a plethora of new ways in the future, I believe this will bring us more close to our family members.
@cansha,@H0peAndFa1th please review

Last edited:

mani1985

Apr 6, 2019
Nowadays, Communication is less between family members. Do you agree or disagree? To what extent?

Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

Write at least 250 words.

With the advent of state-of-the-art technology, the methods and patterns, of communication have significantly changed as compared to the past. While, some scholars argue that in the present era, the interaction between the family members is lacking. I advocate saying that there is more communication in families nowadays as compared to the past. In this essay, I will delineate my viewpoints to support this thought.

Firstly, the significant growth in the mobile phones industry allows family members to communicate regularly. This is largely because most of the family members are carrying high-end phones and they communicated with each other through the network and mobile communication. For instance, a media and society research project in Australia showed that regardless of income, education, and location, families use media and communication such as the internet, email, chat room, video sharing, and mobile phones to connect with each other.As a result,bonding between loved ones in increasing significantly. Therefore, if communication technology continuous gaining in popularity, there would be more positive implications.

Secondly, the creation of worldwide internet communication allows families to get in touch easily even though they may be in different countries. This is due to the speed at which we can communicate with each other today. For instance, the Skype company has published statistics showing that seventy percent of people use Skype to contact family overseas. Therefore, in today's world, we are more connected with our family, despite the distance.

In conclusion, the advancement in mobile technology and internet communication have revolutionized the way we stay in touch with our families. It is predicted that we will continue to converse with family members in a plethora of new ways in the future, I believe this will bring us more close to our family members.
@cansha,@H0peAndFa1th please review
Please review