+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS - Writing - For Band 7 or Above.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I went through others essay posted here, and I feel that my vocabulary is not anywhere near to band 7. I know that you would not suggest band but just curious to know your view on this so that I can concentrate on deliberate vocabulary learning.
Vocab is a factor is you need a score of 8+. For a band 7 most people have enough vocabulary and it is an over rated component. And I would emphasize again in case your target is a 7 or 7.5.

One thing I have learnt through the process of reviewing hundreds of essays on this forum, most people fail to score because they are following a band 8.5/9 advice where the target is a 7+ score. The challenge is most online examiners tell you to focus on vocab and many other factors which are really needed if target was to score an 8+ score.

In my earlier reviews I focused a lot on grammar and vocab but then I understood one thing, there is no way to improve someone's grammar or vocab in 1-2 months. It is really a difficult task to do so.

Then, I realized because of all that people were ignoring the most important component of essay writing TASK RESPONSE. And that is where most of my feedback focuses on. And it has been very helpful for many aspirants. I think Task Response is in your control. And if there is a good task response the chances of 7+ score increase exponentially. But, most aspirants are not willing to accept that they have limitation in terms of grammar and vocab and they tend to use heavy words and mostly out of place and hurt their essay more.

So, it is a good thing you know your vocab is relatively weak. That is a good thing rather than a bad thing. Yes, you need to add a few words to your vocab but not a lot to score a 7+ score. So, focus on adding a few keywords to your vocab rather than becoming an oxford professor.

I will get to your essay. There is a huge backlog.

All the best!

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Please, take 5 minutes of your free time to check my last draft, point out my mistakes and suggest useful solutions.
Thanks!

Essay topics: Childhood obesity is increasing at rapid rates in developed countries.
What are some of the causes of this problem? What are some ways in which childhood obesity rates can be reduced
?
Obesity amongst children is a growing concern in developed nations, since they are witnessing an overwhelming increase in numbers of obese kids. The cheap price of processed food and the lack of physical exercise could be considered as main causes of this epidemic. Fortunately, local governments can easily tackle this social issue by imposing high taxes on unhealthy foods and making mandatory the practice of exercise.

Really well written introduction! Please keep following this in future. Good paraphrasing. Addressed both questions in essay in introduction and gave a glimpse of essay. Well done!

First, it is a palpable fact that the price of unhealthy/processed food (those filled with sugar and unnamable ingredients) is quite cheaper than healthy ones (vegetables, fruits, organic products). I don't like these kind of arguments. It is already known, It is a fact, there is no doubt. Please don't write your arguments like this. State a fact and tell why is that a fact.
Families, particularly low-income, prefer to spend their food budget in this type of food, since a big amount of products can be bought with less money. Not sure I agree but the way it is written is fine.
Secondly, it is no a secret See again it is no secret ... you need to get rid of this.
that nowadays kids spends hours on end, either watching TV or playing video games. They barely do exercise, or even practice a sport, resulting in a sedentary lifestyle. These two factors, an unhealthy diet and a lack of exercise, highly contribute to the childhood obesity. Other than the issues highlighted well written!

Luckily, there are feasible solutions to overcome this problem. Public administrations can enact legislation in which levy taxes on processed foods. This extra charge would definitely act as a deterrent for families who normally buy these items. You see the issue here. You said in your above paragraph that poor families bought such kind of food. Now you made it expensive for them. But you didn't make the healthier food cheaper. So how is it a solution? How does it help them? You are penalizing them but not really helping them.

Additionally, by law, governments can declare the act of exercising as an intrinsic obligation for all kids, making directly liable parents, with economic fine, if kids don't practice a sport or exercise their bodies. No they can't. It is a democracy. you can't make things mandatory by law just like that.

In Spain, for instance, who has the second high rate of childhood obesity in Europe, has been applied these remedies since 2016, and has reduced by 30% the obesity rate in kids, according to the last report.

I like the premise of arguments. But they have not been presented well. And I know people say oh IELTS is a language test and they don't look at the validity of their argument. I have never really understood how they will test "Task Response" then. In my opinion the second paragraph lacks task response but I may be wrong.

To sum up, the uncontrolled increase of obese children is due to the fact that many families feed theirs kids with the cheapest food on the market, and do not encourage them to do exercise, letting that TV being their best friend. However, governments hold the power to put a halt on this increasing problem by making high taxable unhealthy foodstuffs and legally obligating kids to exercise.

Ok well written conclusion in the context. I may not like your arguments but you did revisit your arguments in your conclusion.

Overall, I think this was well written from essay structure perspective. You followed all what is needed from an IELTS introduction and conclusion. And more or less have hit everything in Task response. I think you should be able to get a 7.5+ score on this one.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Please can someone review this essay. I always make sure that I use simple and short sentences, but lately I have this feeling that my essays are too simple to get the higher band.

Many people prefer to stay in the same type of work all their life, whereas others prefer to change the type of work. Discuss both sides and state your own opinion.

It is common for most of the people to be in a same profession all their lifetime. However, a few people would like to try their hands at a different career. In my opinion, staying in the same line of work has several benefits. Like what? I know you read my post later. https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ielts-writing-for-band-7-or-above.540392/page-90#post-7568485. Again refer to point 1.5 and 1.6.

One of the reasons why people stick to a career is to excel in that area. For example, to be a professional first class cricketer, one has to undergo cricket training for at least 6000 hours. As they have to spend most of their lifetime in practicing the game to be an expert, they have to stay in that field. Another reason is that changing a career is not an easy option. It requires them to not only learn new skills but also start from a low-level designation. Considering these difficulties, most people including me prefer to stay in the same profession.
Both points are valid and good examples.

Admittedly, there are a few advantages for the people who jump ship. Firstly, if one has experience in more than one field, they have a fall back option. For instance, it is advantageous for a person who has tried their hands at both software profession and entrepreneurship. If he fails at one job, he will have a backup option. Secondly, people lose interest if they have to perform the same job for a long time. In this case, trying a different job will keep them motivated and engaged.
Again both good points and valid examples

To conclude, it is a lot easier and advantageous to stick with a career. This would enable us to master a particular profession. Trying different jobs would have fewer benefits and I think it is not worth pursuing this option.

The conclusion is again weak as main points have not been restated here.

Now, overall in terms of task response the essay is almost there. You have addressed both viewpoints and given relevant examples. There are no issues with grammar or English. All positives.

In terms of areas to improve, you really need to write better introduction and conclusion. And one more area which you are also self aware is lack of complex sentences. Now, I think it is a good approach to first write simple sentences and nail down the art of task response. And it seems like you have done that.

So, now first of all writing a complex sentence is not that difficult. Complex sentence doesn't mean a long sentence with lots of commas and too many ideas. Just google what a complex sentence is. You could have done that easily with whatever you have written here with use of some conjunctions and some different sentence structures. So do your homework on that.

I think you are better prepared than you realize but there is a lot of work to be done. If you put in effort you should be able to nail this down in 3 weeks. All the best!

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
i too am facing this issue of Writing score being low.. I cannot understand what is it that they are looking for. All the other scores are high except this one. I have done the IELTS the second time and do not think I can keep on doing this continuously. Are they being so rigid for writing?
Post some essays so that we can see what is going on. Yeah scoring is getting increasingly difficult as more and more people take IELTS. This means is that if people are repeating ideas in their essays their scores will go down. So, you need to be original in ideas and presentation. Also, there are a few things you really need to take care of. This post should get you started https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ielts-writing-for-band-7-or-above.540392/page-90#post-7568485

And, there are plenty of reviews on this thread which should be helpful. All the best!

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Dear @cansha
Please evaluate my task. I have exam on 14th of February.
Thank you.

Many Jobs used to be done at home by hand, but nowadays an increasing number of them are done using machines instead. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of this development.

My apologies I'm reviewing this a bit late. But you have plenty of time still to go so I hope this review will be helpful. Also, please refer to this post where I listed my often repeated feedback for people and I hope you will take it in to consideration.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ielts-writing-for-band-7-or-above.540392/page-90#post-7568485

Several in-house works in the past were done by human beings; however, with the passage of time, machines have taken over that role. There are certain positive and negative outcomes owing to this change in terms of time-management, human work load and cost related matters and I am going to discuss them in this essay. No need for this line. Point 1.4 on my post above.

The introduction is fine. The one thing you could have done better is that you could have identified which one of the things listed in your introductions are positive and which are negative. That would have made this introduction much better. Right now you are assuming that reader should know which one are positive and which are negative developments in your second line. DO NOT ASSUME.

To talk about pros of this development first, food making in kitchens has become easier and quicker which allows one to use that time to enjoy with family and take care of children. For instance, if one had not had a Weird phrasing
Microwave Oven in the past to grill a chicken, he/she would have taken excessive amount of time to first setup the stove outdoors with coal, brick, etc.. but But, now with electric or gas oven it is a matter of 30 minutes. Thus, food devices has have helped many in cutting the time required for food preparation.

It is okay. Nothing great, nothing bad. But there are grammar issues.

Another advantage is the cost cutting Too many cuttings. Can you think of another word here? due to which humans have outsourced menial jobs of kitchen to machines. Preparing an ice cream or milk shake at home through food processors is nearly half of what it costs at food outlets. Take Baskin Robbins, for example, It costs around $10 a glass of mango shake; the same could be arranged at even lesser than half of the aforementioned price through the same machines they have been using in their branches. Hence, this is another positive outcome of machines over physical activity. This paragraph is a waste. You are using same argument as in previous paragraph and just changing the object being made in kitchen. Waste of time and effort and no new perspective.

On the other side, there are disadvantages too of using machines and one them is reduction in physical activities. Crushing grains to flour in early days was considered a job to be done at home. Same was the case of converting black pepper grains to powdered form. These processes used to ensure an adequate amount of burnt calories for women. Hence, this is somewhat, I can say a drawback of technology based devices at homes.
Two paragraphs for advantages and only one for disadvantage and that too short. Point 2.3 on my post above. This argument is not even convincing. You really need to spend some time on idea generation. And why are all your examples in kitchen. Are there no other work done in home which is now done by machines. How about cleaning - vacuum cleaners? Gardening? There are so many. Spend some time in thinking about the topic.

To conclude, I can easily say that although physical effort has been reduced due to the arrival of machines at home; however, advantages like cost and time cutting certainly outweigh the aforementioned disadvantages.

Very weak conclusion. Read my post for more points on conclusion.

Overall, this is a weak attempt. You do not seem to have many issues in terms of Grammar or English but you really need to spend some time on task response and reading more. You have enough time to do so. All the best!

Reactions: qaziarslantariq

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi @cansha . Hate to bother you in the hectic routine you are having these days. I went back and read a number of posts on this thread. I wouldn't say I read them all, however, I tried to filter and focus on the important ones. I would say I may have read more than 50% of the thread.

I now want to get on with essay writing for a test on 14th so here goes nothing. I know I would have made a lot of mistakes. Just tried to go easy as this is the first attempt in a couple of weeks. Here goes nothing...

Some people believe that children’s success in adulthood is related to the way they have been raised by their parents. Do you agree or disagree? Give your own opinion and examples.
Please read this post as well. This post has all the points which I have been repeating the most in my feedback and hopefully it should be helpful to you. https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ielts-writing-for-band-7-or-above.540392/page-90#post-7568485

It is considered a matter of debate whether one’s accomplishments are as a result of the teachings of his parents. I completely agree with this viewpoint as not only do the parents’ preachings teach ettiquites which are later needed in practical life, but they also include important life lessons.
Okay introduction

One of the most common traits found in successful people are social manners, often instilled by their parents’ teachings. It is pertinent to be socially acceptable in order to be successful. I like this argument.
The ettiquites learnt at a tender age go a long way in defining someone’s personality, which directly is are responsible for individual success. It is the parents that teach children small lessons like how to greet someone when you first meet or how to empathize with someone in distress. These small lessons go a long way in defining an individual’s personality and eventually his success. I liked the start a lot but by the end of the paragraph you were repeating yourself too much. It sounds like when in school oral exam you don't know the answer and you keep repeating the same thing :D. Okay so not trying to mock you or anything. But the start was good but the finish not so much.

The life lessons learnt from parents also play an important role in an individual’s achievements. If it were not for parents, people would not have learnt about how to react in a particular situation. Again.

For example, if an individual fail at a certain instance in his professional career, he or she instantly recalls that the parents taught how to react upon facing a failure, which is dusting themselves up and keep going. It is the life lessons like these, directly learnt from the parents, that help them keep going in their subconscious minds.

In conclusion, it is the parents guidance and support that only does not only define an individual’s personality, but also play a decisive role in their future success.
Weak conclusion. Please read the link I posted above.

So, first don't be hard on yourself. It is okay. This was a tough topic to be honest. I think pick a topic to write on which you get several ideas in your head as soon as you read the topic. Get your flow going and then come back to topics like these. You will do well. I have full faith. All the best!

Word Count 265

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
@cansha please evaluate

In the future it is expected that there will be a higher proportion of old people than the younger people in many countries. Is this a positive or negative development?
Target around 265-270 words. This one is just above threshold of 250 words. On an actual exam you don't want to be short.

It has been forecasted that in the upcoming time there will be more number of elderly people as compared to young people in many countries. In my opinion, this is a negative development as it will hurt to tax collection and productivity at work.Okay I like that you mention reasons in your introduction.

Firstly, the more number of senior citizens in our country Topic is not meant for a particular country.
will I think its better to use "may" instead of will as you can't be sure exactly this will happen.
have deleterious effect on the annual tax collected by the government. Post retirement, people start receiving pension and hence this brings their contribution towards the taxes at a standstill. A recent report, for instance, by Times Now stated that the people in the age group 25 - 60 years contribute to approximately 72% of the total tax accumulated. In such scenario, it will become an arduous task for the government to focus on other infrastructure developments due to reduction in taxes. Good

Secondly, the less number of young generation will have detrimental effect on the work. To illustrate, a senior person with doddery I personally don't like such arguments. Your argument should not smack of ageism. Be more respectful. I agree with the argument but not the execution of it.

cannot work at the same celerity as compared to a person in his 20's and 30's. For instance, a person aged 35 will take approximately half an hour to correct a 10 page Word document, whereas a decrepit old man will take around more than an hour. Avoid such language please

This simply denotes that, there has to be a balance of both young and old generation or else it may have dire consequences on a country's economy.

In conclusion, more number of aged population than the young is a negative development and will hit the collection of taxes and outcome at work.

Weak conclusion. Refer my this post on conclusion https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ielts-writing-for-band-7-or-above.540392/page-90#post-7568485

There is a lot of good things about this essay. But personally I don't like essays which have strong language against age, gender etc. You need to tone that down.

But a good attempt. But you really need to work on your conclusion. All the best!

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hello @cansha @H0peAndFa1th I am new here but i am really impressed by the amount of work you put in this to help people out. God bless you.

Please can you help review my essay? and suggest areas for improvement. My Exam is on February 9th. Thanks

QUESTION: Some believe that teaching children at home is best for a child's development while others think that it is important for children to go to school. Discuss the advantages f both methods and give your own opinion

ESSAY

It has been argued that a homeschooled child has the best chance of development than a child learning in a school environment. you are comparing two things so the word is "better" and not best.
Although both sides of the argument have their merits, I believe that learning in a school is more beneficial for a child's growth and development because, in addition to school work, it offers an opportunity for social interactions and understanding of routines. Be more clear what it means so use better words. Social interactions makes sense. This phrase needs to be explained so use words that are easier to understand.

The idea of introduction is good, the execution not so much.

On the one hand, some people think that educating a child at home enables the provision of a more personalised form of learning. In other words,
ooh I wrote this post here precisely because of this. I was repeating my feedback again and again but people keep using same words. Read the whole post please but specifically point 2.2. https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ielts-writing-for-band-7-or-above.540392/page-90#post-7568485

more attention can be paid to the specific educational needs of the child. For example. if a child has a problem understanding mathematics, customised lessons can be planned over a period of time to directly tackle the issue. Furthermore, homeschooling a child supports a lot of flexibility in the learning process. This is particularly beneficial to children born into families who travel often or have other important commitments.
Okay

On the other hand, it is believed by some that learning in a school environment is important for an effective learning process and I agree. Wow superb this is 2.1 on my list.

This is because in addition to educational lessons, schools provide a suitable environment which supports social interactions with other children. For instance, children make friends and learn to share toys or snacks with others while learning at educational centers. Another reason why learning in school is beneficial is that it helps a young child understand the use and need for schedules and routines. Moreover, the structured nature of most educational institutions introduces children to the concept of planning and time, as programs are carried out as scheduled.

Okay

In conclusion, while people may vary in their opinions, I believe that learning in school is the best form of educating children because, in addition to educational lessons, they are exposed to social interactions with their peers and routines.

Okay conclusion.

It is a decent first attempt but there are areas of improvement. All the best!

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi Cansha, Please can you take sometime out to give your valuable reviews, I have tried to not repeat the same silly errors which i made in my previous essays. hope to hearing from you soon.

Some people think that the teenage years are the happiest times of most people’s lives. Others think that adult life brings more happiness, in spite of greater responsibilities.

Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
Many people feel that adolescent phase is the most joyful period of humans’ life while some believe that adult life means more pleasure.

Although, both stages of life are most significant phases. No need to use although. Both stages can't be "most" important. Basically this sentence is redundant.
However, in my opinion, teenage is more fun filled than adulthood in various aspects and some of them are being discussed through this essay.
Why can't you mention a glimpse of them here? Read my detailed post here please https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ielts-writing-for-band-7-or-above.540392/page-90#post-7568485

Evidently, Why is it evident? Where is the evidence?
the current lifestyle of people has become very hectic and stressful. Why and how?
Owing to that, happiness has vanished by and large. Okay are you writing an argument or writing philosophy?
Therefore, the only time which is enjoyed the most in life is teenage. too many assumptions.
For example – a fifteen years old boy has no big responsibility on his shoulders in terms of earning money to look after his family.
In addition, no such accountability to answer anyone about any critical work assigned unlike in corporate jobs & business. Moreover, during teenage, kids have plentiful time & friends to spend cheerful time while playing various games without too much thinking of clock ticking. Ok last three sentences makes sense to me but the start is too haphazard. Keep it to facts. You could salvage this by bringing in your argument of responsibility and accountability as an adult vs in teen years. So start could be something like - People tend to enjoy their teenage years more than adult years because there is lesser responsibility and accountability. Now you proceed with your examples and it makes more sense. Give your arguments please. All the evidence may already exist but please there is nothing "evident" for IELTS. it's all about your opinion and arguments. So make those.

On the contrary, adulthood has large responsibilities. See if you started previous paragraph with the line about responsibility this line would make more sense. Also, try to open the paragraph with a more complex sentence if possible.
However, during this phase of life people enjoy the liberty to take decisions by themselves unlike in childhood. For instance – an adult can plan a vacation with friends whenever & wherever he wants to. Further, an earning man with adequate earning source could buy a product which entice him without seeking anyone’s permission. Lastly, a grown up man can contribute to society financially & physically. Rather abrupt end.
I get the ideas but they could be explored and presented better.

To sum up, teenage and adulthood are two imperative times of life. Redundant
And both stages have their own ways to live happily. However, in all likelihood, I would reiterate that adolescent could be more enjoyable than adult seeing no responsibilities toward anyone as such.
Don't like the conclusion much.

Okay there are good things in the essay. it kind of accomplishes task response. There are big issues of grammar or English. But, it needs to be better if you want to be sure of a 7+ score. With this essay most likely the score will be around 6.5 and if you are lucky 7 in EOR. Just spend some more time in writing arguments better and you can get 7+ score easily.

All the best!

Reactions: manishsharma240

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hello folks!

I think I have reviewed everything that was pending. if I have missed any essay please either post the essay or link again and tag me so that I know it has not been reviewed.

Before you post any new essay I would like everyone to read this post here https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ielts-writing-for-band-7-or-above.540392/page-90#post-7568485

If I see any of the things mentioned in the post above I will give a single line review of reading the post again and not review the essay any further. It may sound harsh but if you don't have time to read one post and implement it, then I'm sorry I can't spend time on your essay. Hope you understand!

Thanks! And All the best to everyone.

qaziarslantariq

Sep 12, 2018
Pakistan
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
IELTS Request
14-02-2019
@cansha please evaluate this task.

An increasing number of children are overweight which could result many problems when they grow older both in terms of their health and health care costs.
Why do you think so many children are overweight?
what could be done to solve this problem?

A continuous increase has been seen recently in the number of children getting obese. This may lead to several health problems and medication issues to cure obesity related diseases. This essay is going to discuss some of the possible causes of obesity and its solutions.

First and for most reason of fatness is massive usage of fast food in kids. Burgers and sandwiches have become an effective replacement, in terms of cost and time, of usual homemade food for most of the parents. Hence, such eatables containing higher levels of cholesterol and fats are resulting in weight gain for children. This issue can be resolved by moving back to the conventional food, cooked at home. And governments ought to discourage fast food chains to offer cheap child-offers by imposing heavy taxes.

Secondly, lack of exercise has also resulted in increasing fatness in teens. With the arrival of gaming apps in tablets and mobiles, children have stopped doing any sort of physical activities. For instance, during late 90’s I was unable to find any empty Cricket or Football ground in my town. Such was the rush and amount of children taking part in physical games. Things now, however, has been changed dramatically. Computer games have replaced those real life activities and grounds are empty nowadays. This problem can be fixed through offering incentives on taking part in physical activities. Academics should include a subject of physical activities at primary and secondary level of education. Moreover, imposing levies on internet usage and social media apps can cure this disease too.

To conclude, this essay has thoroughly discussed different causes of increase in numbers of children becoming fat and presented several solutions to overcome this continuously growing problem.

Hannan Khan

Star Member
Aug 25, 2010
Please read this post as well. This post has all the points which I have been repeating the most in my feedback and hopefully it should be helpful to you. https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ielts-writing-for-band-7-or-above.540392/page-90#post-7568485

It is considered a matter of debate whether one’s accomplishments are as a result of the teachings of his parents. I completely agree with this viewpoint as not only do the parents’ preachings teach ettiquites which are later needed in practical life, but they also include important life lessons.
Okay introduction

One of the most common traits found in successful people are social manners, often instilled by their parents’ teachings. It is pertinent to be socially acceptable in order to be successful. I like this argument.
The ettiquites learnt at a tender age go a long way in defining someone’s personality, which directly is are responsible for individual success. It is the parents that teach children small lessons like how to greet someone when you first meet or how to empathize with someone in distress. These small lessons go a long way in defining an individual’s personality and eventually his success. I liked the start a lot but by the end of the paragraph you were repeating yourself too much. It sounds like when in school oral exam you don't know the answer and you keep repeating the same thing :D. Okay so not trying to mock you or anything. But the start was good but the finish not so much.

The life lessons learnt from parents also play an important role in an individual’s achievements. If it were not for parents, people would not have learnt about how to react in a particular situation. Again.

For example, if an individual fail at a certain instance in his professional career, he or she instantly recalls that the parents taught how to react upon facing a failure, which is dusting themselves up and keep going. It is the life lessons like these, directly learnt from the parents, that help them keep going in their subconscious minds.

In conclusion, it is the parents guidance and support that only does not only define an individual’s personality, but also play a decisive role in their future success.
Weak conclusion. Please read the link I posted above.

So, first don't be hard on yourself. It is okay. This was a tough topic to be honest. I think pick a topic to write on which you get several ideas in your head as soon as you read the topic. Get your flow going and then come back to topics like these. You will do well. I have full faith. All the best!

Word Count 265
Thank you for the feedback. I can see how bad the one-line conclusion looks now as I read it again. Re the body paragraphs, I could may be use one more reason to agree with the topic as a third body paragraph or do you think I am lacking in the technique to develop a body paragraph beyond 2 lines? Would you be kind enough (as you always are) to share the contents of a body paragraph.

Thanks again!

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Thank you for the feedback. I can see how bad the one-line conclusion looks now as I read it again. Re the body paragraphs, I could may be use one more reason to agree with the topic as a third body paragraph or do you think I am lacking in the technique to develop a body paragraph beyond 2 lines? Would you be kind enough (as you always are) to share the contents of a body paragraph.

Thanks again!
The advantage with IELTS is that you can possibly google any topic and you will see essay on that. So here is a sample essay on your topic. https://eltecenglish.com/2018/01/29/ielts-essay-january-2018-childrens-success-depends-on-parents/

This should give you a good idea.

Abasit0097

Oct 17, 2018
@cansha

please review my essay.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Today more people are traveling than ever before.

Why is this the case?

What are the benefits of traveling for the traveler and businesses?

Lot of people are making journeys in current period of time than earlier era. Factors that allow people to arrange visits frequently in today’s world are, easy modes of traveling. Different people intend to achieve different advantages by traveling, but relaxation and business growth are two major outcomes of traveling.

Technological advancements have made traveling a lot easier in modern world. During past, it required a lot of planning before going to any tour because of poor and time consuming modes of transport. For instance, days were required to cover a distance, which can be made in hours today. Therefore, access to developed and user friendly ways of going from one place to another have made people to travel frequently.

Many people visit to different picnic spots and eye catching natural sites to spend their leisure time. Traveling makes people to restore their energy, inner peace and relaxation which is caused by hectic work routines. Hence, lot of companies are also arranging leisure tours for their staff to keep them motivated and relaxed.

Traveling also adds value to business which results in lot of business tours. Every company normally looks for new clients and markets, effectively capturing these customers is highly dependent on in person visits. Keeping customers tours aside, many travel to attend international business conferences and seminars to introduce or to get knowledge of new products. Consequently, business tours bring more revenue and expertise to business.

To sum up, evolvement of transportation modes have resulted in increased traveling. Traveling enables people to refresh themselves by going out of routine and it also helps business to groom its products and services.

Last edited:

Hannan Khan

Star Member
Aug 25, 2010
Hi @cansha . Posting my latest essay here. I have tried to come up with three body paragraphs to mitigate the underdeveloped paragraphing issue. I know this is a bad solution but trying it out for you to bash me lol. Does this intro look too wordy? I am skeptic.

Some people become famous at a young age.

Is it a good or a bad thing?

People at their early age, have always dreamt about strutting down the red carpet draped in an expensive outfit. With the advent of the various methods of mass communication, including social media and television, a number of youngsters have reached the pinnacle of popularity. The fame gained at a tender age may come at the expense of a high school dropout and would eventually create a bad role model for the youth.

The youngsters making it big from the word go are usually high school dropouts. According to a study conducted recently, 60% of the youth never go back to school once they have had the taste of popularity. As a result, they never complete their education which becomes an issue at a later stage in their life.

Another drawback of untimely popularity is that youngsters become a bad role model because of their relatively low civic responsibility. As people grow old, they develop maturity and learn social norms. Youngsters finding fame before developing maturity are often caught breaking laws. Therefore, it is not a great example that they set for the people following in their footsteps.

Finally, famous teenagers often become the victims of depression. The high suicide rate among young television stars speaks volumes of the depression they face. This is because they are always thronged by fans and paparazzi. The distance from family and a persistent lifestyle of cosmetic nature makes them go into a state of depression.

In conclusion, it does not play in the favor of society for the youngsters to gain fame at an early age. The society should identify negatives of this trend and address them by encouraging youngsters to complete their studies and develop maturity before exhibiting their talent.